Prediction Walking the tightrope - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh dang,

Crows Vs. Swans well sold out

Keep me in mind if you need to move on your tickets because I don't have my tickets (x3)

:O :O :O

I think we finish 6th - unless we can somehow beat Adelaide on Friday night. If you saw the Crows play last night, you'll know just how difficult that will be.

But 5th and 6th both get home finals, so it's not so bad.

No real incentive to finish 4th - would only have to travel to Adelaide Oval again for the first final.

I think we finish 6th - unless we can somehow beat Adelaide on Friday night. If you saw the Crows play last night, you'll know just how difficult that will be.

No real incentive to finish 4th - would only have to travel to Adelaide Oval again for the first final.

Double chance?

Double chance with a shot at either a home prelim or home elimination final would be nice. Can't see us finishing top 4 now though. The required results are too unlikely.

Which we should win & go straight to the Prelim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So tell me King.
Our game plan stands up hey?

Always did. Just needed a tweak. And personnel needed a refresh. Pointing that out is no crime.

Horse said as much. What was his exact quote podt the Hawks game, "We need to work much harder when not in possession". Something like that.

The gameplan and forward structure only got a serve after the GWS game and Carlton game exposed us so badly. And resurfaced when the Hawks did us again.

Always did. Just needed a tweak. And personnel needed a refresh. Pointing that out is no crime.

Horse said as much. What was his exact quote podt the Hawks game, "We need to work much harder when not in possession". Something like that.

The gameplan and forward structure only got a serve after the GWS game and Carlton game exposed us so badly. And resurfaced when the Hawks did us again.

I think another thing which is still underappreciated IMO is how our midfield's changed. I can honestly say I have not noticed Kennedy's absence one bit the last two weeks. But even with Kennedy, it's far less reliance on him and his All Australian cohorts. Horse is rotating Jack, Heeney, Hewett, Papley, Jones, Lloyd, Towers and Newman on the ball at times. It's just so much more of an even spread. If you told me we'd be 12-2 over the last three months without any one of our star mids being dominant, I would never believe it. Gotta give Horse credit, haven't liked some of his coaching this year but he's developed a midfield that's deeper and more reliable than we've had in years. I was absolutely calling for this over the preseason after we lost to sides like GWS and the Bulldogs who had colossal numbers around the ball all the time compared to us. I think it's our number one edge on nearly every other team, our midfield giant that's just growing legs with each new gem that rotates through it. It even closes the gap between us and GWS.

I think another thing which is still underappreciated IMO is how our midfield's changed. I can honestly say I have not noticed Kennedy's absence one bit the last two weeks. But even with Kennedy, it's far less reliance on him and his All Australian cohorts. Horse is rotating Jack, Heeney, Hewett, Papley, Jones, Lloyd, Towers and Newman on the ball at times. It's just so much more of an even spread. If you told me we'd be 12-2 over the last three months without any one of our star mids being dominant, I would never believe it. Gotta give Horse credit, haven't liked some of his coaching this year but he's developed a midfield that's deeper and more reliable than we've had in years. I was absolutely calling for this over the preseason after we lost to sides like GWS and the Bulldogs who had colossal numbers around the ball all the time compared to us. I think it's our number one edge on nearly every other team, our midfield giant that's just growing legs with each new gem that rotates through it. It even closes the gap between us and GWS.

They were great without kennedy, but i think he has been crucial this year, and wouldnt want to play a good side without him, i dont rate geelong without dangerfield as that difficult, but i agree the midfield depth is there

Jack and mcveigh back in form helps too,

Would still like mills to get into the rotation eventually

They were great without kennedy, but i think he has been crucial this year, and wouldnt want to play a good side without him, i dont rate geelong without dangerfield as that difficult, but i agree the midfield depth is there

Jack and mcveigh back in form helps too,

Would still like mills to get into the rotation eventually

I still don't see Mills as a midfielder. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but he seems small and fragile in terms of his build. Got the courage and hardness though so wouldn't be surprised if he did well in there

I still don't see Mills as a midfielder. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but he seems small and fragile in terms of his build. Got the courage and hardness though so wouldn't be surprised if he did well in there

Could bulk up a bit i guess, but he has good height, good grab in the middle, would be good on the outside,

Agree. We've had a pretty dependable (and predictable) set of anchor-mids for a long time now.

Teams just came in with a plan for Hanners or Parker or JPK or Kizza and things ground to a halt.

But as you say Papley, Heeney, Hewett, Newman (and cameos from Jones, Lloyd, Towers, Macca and even Mills etc) have really opened up our midfield.

Some have criticised Hanners and Parker for dropping their possession numbers...but there's a reason for that. We're spreading the load.

The coaches' ability to add those rotations is an underrated impact on on our season and our turnaround. No doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back