NEAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

To you all, ok, potentially you could. But will never ever happen. No one is recruited from lesser competitions than the qafl either. Name one?
Every bloke who is drafted from qld will come thru either the academy and even then no point going back to play for your qafl club if this is where you are from. You would need to play NEAFL footy. And if you are a mature age then you will need to be playing NEAFL. Let's not get on our high horse too much about how highly we rate QAFL footy. It's probably div 2 standard in metro vic, significantly less than most country leagues in vic and doesn't even compare to SANFL or WAFL footy.
Just saying it as it is. If you want to be drafted, don't go and play qafl footy....

Of course you can!!! You can be drafted from anywhere. Some people could choose to avoid southport for specific reasons and not want to leave gold coast. Or a 17 year old who chooses to stay at their local club whilst they play nationals. I ynderstand may not rate the qafl competition but people have been drafted from much lesser competitions

Of course the kid could, but he will play for the Suns NEAFL side if he's at that level and he won't be able to avoid them.

Tipping ladder after Round 19

GRIMLOCK...............................63...0...63
STUYD.....................................61...1...62
ALLYCRAFT...............................59...3...62
PEANUT...................................56...3...59
JUSTABARAKER........................52...4...56

The front runners have stumbled on the home stretch and the straggler is BOLTING !!

ROUND 20
Swans v Redland
Canberra v Sydney Uni
Brisbane v Gold Coast
Aspley v Southport

MY TIPS:-
Sydney
Syd Uni
Brisbane
Aspley

It's a Saturday 10 am start so get those tips in a bit early

I must be in a cranky mood this morning (I'm blaming my kids !!!) but I'm not with you on this one either.
If AFL Reserve sides get stronger then it will be for other reasons other than the do-gooders turning it into a game played by pussies. And, hey, even if this WAS THE REASON, then let's DO IT !
If AFL Reserves sides get stronger then they are going to drag up the standards of what is below. And the standards required to make it onto an AFL list...competition for spots.
It sucks that our non-AFL clubs will be used as the springboard for that and they will have to be mighty sure of their intentions and benefits if they stay in NEAFL. I wouldn't myself if I were them....never been to Broadbeach in my life but it sounds like a club that I'd like to play for.

See you do agree with me on everything in my last post. Aspley would be better off racking up silverware in lower comps for their club's health - why they and Uni, Redland etc subsidise the AFL experiment that is NEAFL is beyond me, the benefits don't stack up, especially when they are witches hats comes finals time mostly and all they cop is BS from other community clubs.

I am looking forward to a ripper game tomorrow at the Hornets Nest, Hornets V Sharks in what is always a great game - With a few returning players from injury the boys will be up and about for this clash, also the current blast of early spring weather we are experiencing will ensure that the conditions are perfect, lets hope we get a big crowd for one can only hope a great Qld rivalry game!!!!!

Tipping ladder after Round 20

GRIMLOCK...............................63....3....66
STUYD.....................................62....3....65
ALLYCRAFT...............................62....2....64
PEANUT...................................59....3....62
JUSTABARAKER........................56....3....59

LAST CHANCE FOR YOUR STEVEN BRADBURY MOMENT
Southport v Canberra
Gold Coast v Sydney
Redland v Sydney Uni
Giants v Brisbane
Aspley v Thunder

MY TIPS:-
Canberra
Sydney
Redland
Brisbane
Thunder

Everybody still has a chance to win except me.
I'll be looking for a reason to disqualify you all so that I can win....it's my only chance !

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FINAL RESULT FOR 2017

GRIMLOCK...............................66....4....70
STUYD.....................................65....4....69
ALLYCRAFT...............................64...3....67
PEANUT...................................62....3....65
JUSTABARAKER........................59....3....62

Well done to you Grimlock ! And thanks to everyone for being involved.

just in case you're interested, here is the result from last year
getgaff...................................................61.......4........65
Chikka Ferguson.....................................62.......3........65
Ally Craft................................................62.......2........64
Billybunter.............................................61.......3.........64
justabaraker..........................................61.......2.........63
Stuyd1...................................................60......3.........63
Peanut...................................................59.......3........62
ravenxau...............................................55.......4........59

now it's time to put in your tips for the finals. Anyone can be involved, even if you weren't in the regular season tipping comp.
Same rules apply, and no prizes other than personal glory.

Gold Coast v Thunder
Sydney Uni v Aspley

I tip:-
GC
Sydney Uni

FINAL RESULT FOR 2017

GRIMLOCK...............................66....4....70
STUYD.....................................65....4....69
ALLYCRAFT...............................64...3....67
PEANUT...................................62....3....65
JUSTABARAKER........................59....3....62

Well done to you Grimlock ! And thanks to everyone for being involved.

just in case you're interested, here is the result from last year
getgaff...................................................61.......4........65
Chikka Ferguson.....................................62.......3........65
Ally Craft................................................62.......2........64
Billybunter.............................................61.......3.........64
justabaraker..........................................61.......2.........63
Stuyd1...................................................60......3.........63
Peanut...................................................59.......3........62
ravenxau...............................................55.......4........59
well done grim

thanks jab

How would you be feeling if you were Blake Grewar, the first AFL-listed player to get to 100 NEAFL games without even one AFL game ?
If your mother-in-law drove over a cliff in your new Ford Mustang GT, you'd have mixed feelings. And maybe that's how poor old Blake is feeling.
What would you say to him ? "Well done Blake on that great achievement" or "s**t, you poor bastard !"

I don't want to sound harsh because he's achieved 100 things that I never will, but I wonder whether it will feature on the tales he tells to his grandchildren.

Well done Blake Grewar but, oh, you poor bastard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back