The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Ladder since start of Round 13.

upload_2017-8-12_22-44-47.png

Couldn't be bothered doing %.

Great second half of the year and a sign we're going places. Praise be to our lord and saviour Chris Fagan.

It's been said before, but our depth is really starting to come on across the midfield and half-forward/back lines. Robinson and Christensen will be automatic best 22 next year at this stage, but whoever loses out (most likely between Barrett/Mathieson/Allison/Cox/McCluggage) could consider themselves unlucky, and you'd expect them all to keep pressure on the team. If we get Charlie Cameron, he's arguably another best 22 player, meaning someone else will miss out.

We've also got Berry and Witherden who were out of the side this week, as well as Keays, Cutler and Skinner who've all been in excellent form in the NEAFL and are pushing for spots. Then add possibly 2-3 first round draft picks all competing for spots in the team (not including Ballenden, who's direct competition is more Schache and Hipwood) and there'll be a lot of dilemmas at the selection table.

(Now that I've said that we'll have a massive injury crisis next year or half the team will get food poisoning or something)

A positive I have noticed recently is the number of new members of this board recently.

A sign of growth and improvement and a feeling we are heading in the right direction.

Welcome all.
FYI that's all about the moderating...

I hope the whole wedding thing last night was worth it Zoblitz, because the forum was a shambles last night ;)
Place falls apart without me around...

Still, probably made the right choice.

A positive I have noticed recently is the number of new members of this board recently.

A sign of growth and improvement and a feeling we are heading in the right direction.

Welcome all.

Yes, nearly all of you bandwagoners joined after 2001.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One big positive that has developed in our team since the bye is we're seeing a lot more of an even spread of disposals among players. The load is finally being shared among our team. Guys like Taylor (averaging 20 disp), Bastinac (18 disp), McLuggage (15 disp), Matho (18 disp) and Berry (14 disp) pitching in and helping guys like Rocky, Zorko and Beams do their craft and as Fagan said, we're now starting to see guys like our top 3 mids get their chances up forward because other people are taking on bigger roles.

Add Bundy, Robbo, Cameron and Bell if in form and assuming the other guys continue putting their best foot forward and we're going to see 20+ goals out of Beams and Rocky (if he stays) next year I guarantee it.

Place falls apart without me around...

Still, probably made the right choice.

I suppose in nine months time you'll be wanting time off for the birth of a baby or something! Complaining about being there for the birth or something equally trivial...like it matters more than moderating the board!

I suppose in nine months time you'll be wanting time off for the birth of a baby or something! Complaining about being there for the birth or something equally trivial...like it matters more than moderating the board!

He should be grateful he isn't coached by Lethal. Babies during the football season is a big nono.

My watching during my wife's labour for the birth of our first:

Sunday, 21 July (1:10 pm) Richmond 12.12 (84) def. Fremantle 8.9 (57)
Sunday, 21 July (2:50 pm) Adelaide 14.10 (94) def. Geelong 14.8 (92)
Sunday, 21 July (2:40 pm) West Coast 11.13 (79) def. by Sydney 17.11 (113)

Very long labour and AFL on the iPad...

My watching during my wife's labour for the birth of our first:

Sunday, 21 July (1:10 pm) Richmond 12.12 (84) def. Fremantle 8.9 (57)
Sunday, 21 July (2:50 pm) Adelaide 14.10 (94) def. Geelong 14.8 (92)
Sunday, 21 July (2:40 pm) West Coast 11.13 (79) def. by Sydney 17.11 (113)

Very long labour and AFL on the iPad...

They do say that watching a Richmond v Fremantle game is a slightly more painful experience than childbirth.

My confidence in our list and coaching team is the strongest it's been in a long time. I just wanted to momentarily explore something though.

In 2014, we had a new coach and an awful start to the year (after a couple of very lean and a couple of moderate years). After the bye that year, we won six games and pastures were looking green. We finished 15th on the ladder.

We're unlikely to win seven games this year, but our percentage is +6%, our quarters won is already +2 and we have less OOC players. Are there any other measurable differences between now and then we can be positive about?

Here is a sign of our improvement against the teams we have played twice

Port lost by 83 at home and then 40 away
Ess lost by 27 at home then won by 8 away
Suns won by 1 then won by 58
Dogs lost by 32 then lost by 14
Rich lost by 52 at home then lost by 31 away
Loved reading that. Certainly stats that show we are on the rise. Love the culture change that is evident there now. Gives us all hope that the years ahead are exciting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back