• 28 Lewis Taylor

Votes: 146 93.0%
  • 12 Stefan Martin

Votes: 76 48.4%
  • 38 Tom Rockliff

Votes: 134 85.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to think that it's the fact that we are into the second season of our new fitness team they have had their way and made our bodies more resilient than under Burton. I don't think it's just luck, we just got too used to soft tissue problems. Plus we are still winning games in the back half of the season where even if we don't have a long injury list we are clearly playing with walking wounded. I'm not sure how much worse we would have been with more injuries because we seem to have continuity of expectations between reserves and the seniors so we have survived pretty well with rotations of the squad.

Definitely, just look at the first years who have came in late in the season to make a great impact.

Very good team effort and some individual efforts. Thinking Hipwood might need a refresher in the 2s

Do you hate ruckmen, or do you just not really understand how the position works? Martin was our best contested ball winning mid in the first half, this was his best game in quite a while.

You got me. It's just this irrational thing I have about blokes over 195cm. Just can't help myself. And you're quite correct- I have no understanding of how the position works [sic]. Something to do with clearing the ball out of the centre is my best guess.

And then I get to thinking how good we could be with, say, a Patty Ryder in the ruck.

I don't think Martin has been the quite the same since he got cleaned up by that thug from the GC. That is my opinion, influenced by my irrational hatred no doubt.

Then again, I don't think Lappin was ever quite the same after he collected broken jaw off the ball v Collingwood all those years ago.

You got me. It's just this irrational thing I have about blokes over 195cm. Just can't help myself. And you're quite correct- I have no understanding of how the position works [sic]. Something to do with clearing the ball out of the centre is my best guess.

And then I get to thinking how good we could be with, say, a Patty Ryder in the ruck.

I don't think Martin has been the quite the same since he got cleaned up by that thug from the GC. That is my opinion, influenced by my irrational hatred no doubt.

Then again, I don't think Lappin was ever quite the same after he collected broken jaw off the ball v Collingwood all those years ago.

And Lappin was born in May 1976! And guess who hit Martin, Steven May! And May is the 5th month! We've won 5 games this year! 5 is how old Stefan Martin was when Bruce Springsteen released his 10th studio album; Human Touch in 1992. And May was born in 1992, and is a human, who touched Martin! And 10 is double 5, and human touch was a double album! And do you know what's double 10?? 20! Stefan Martin has played 20 games this year!!!!

But here's the kicker. Steven May knocked out Stefan Martin in a Q-Clash. Q stands for Queensland. And who is Queensland's Springsteen? That's right it's Bernard Fanning. 20 is the number of times Bernard Fanning made it into aria top 40 charts. 40 is double 20, and the charts are a ranking. And do you know what else is a ranking, the AFL official player ratings! And the AFL official player ratings have Stefan Martin ranked as the 62nd best player in the AFL, Ryder doesn't make the top 100.

And Lappin was born in May 1976! And guess who hit Martin, Steven May! And May is the 5th month! We've won 5 games this year! 5 is how old Stefan Martin was when Bruce Springsteen released his 10th studio album; Human Touch in 1992. And May was born in 1992, and is a human, who touched Martin! And 10 is double 5, and human touch was a double album! And do you know what's double 10?? 20! Stefan Martin has played 20 games this year!!!!

But here's the kicker. Steven May knocked out Stefan Martin in a Q-Clash. Q stands for Queensland. And who is Queensland's Springsteen? That's right it's Bernard Fanning. 20 is the number of times Bernard Fanning made it into aria top 40 charts. 40 is double 20, and the charts are a ranking. And do you know what else is a ranking, the AFL official player ratings! And the AFL official player ratings have Stefan Martin ranked as the 62nd best player in the AFL, Ryder doesn't make the top 100.

Back to Bounce with you, Cam.

Rq7GML4.gif

Just finished replay, Martin was outstanding. Rolled up his sleeves and made stuff happen.

I re-watched the game in its entirety earlier and I agree, if anyone walked away from that game and thought Martin wasn't one of our best, IMO, wasn't paying attention or has a predetermined opinion of Martin and accordingly didn't rate his performance.

Same for Claye Beams; was a really solid game from Claye.

Spooky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like the AFL Player Ratings... Except that they have far too heavy a penalty against players who miss games.

Hamilton's question about turning previous matchups into scraps is one of the dumbest I've ever heard at a press conference.
Yeah that was painful to listen to. Not to mention the clubs involved have been coached by six different coaches during that time :drunk:

AFL rankings take up to 40 games over a two season (44 game) window. So Ryder who missed all last year has a low ranking as he only has 20 possible games to be rated on.

Of course its a bit of a silly point to make. We'd be so much better if Josh Walker was Buddy Franklin. The real question is would we be any better with Archie Smith ahead of (or alongside) Stefan Martin. I don't believe we would be and I doubt we would be next year either.

He is ranked 10th overall for points tihs year:

Martin (before this round) is ranked a very respectable 59th this year

watched the replay. voted same as everyone else. went with Walker over Harrow/Rich. Martin in my top 5.

Thought Close did a lot of unsung heavy lifting - eg. getting crunched for a free kick that spilled down to Hipwood for his goal. Also got crunched in the last quarter when Barrett didn't block May's run. amongst other things. Not saying he played a great game but better than the stats indicated.

Like allison and cox's run (cox only really got involved in the last quarter though). Allison shots at goal were woeful - mental thing.

Think its interesting Harris has 51 votes and McStay 0. Think they both did similar jobs spoiling away quietly throughout the day.

Not sure who Gardiner played on in first term (didn't bother watching it) but surprised Nick Robbo played on Martin who is strong overhead not Gardiner. Its an area Robbo still has to work on, but he did some nice things on the ground/with ball in hand.

Hipwood did a solid job I thought. a goal and 2 goal assists in the 2nd term to help get us back into it and had 2 other shots on goal from long range.

McLuggage showed a few moments of class with well timed handballs as goal assists.

Out of interest Lewy, Mayes and Bastinac are all averaging 90ish in Supercoach since the bye. No rating system is perfect but I think that shows there performance and consistency has improved a lot.

Very good team effort and some individual efforts. Thinking Hipwood might need a refresher in the 2s
Agree with overall a good team effort. Martin was outstanding along with Beams.
Disagree with Hipwood needing a "refresher" in the 2's...... How is that going to be positive with 2 games remaining for the year? Also think his last 2 games were solid without having 1 or 2 spectacular goals which maybe we expect him to do every week. He's a certainty to play in the 1's this week and the last one providing he's fit. Fascinating to hear the crowd roar louder than normal every time he has the ball in his hands.

Agree with overall a good team effort. Martin was outstanding along with Beams.
Disagree with Hipwood needing a "refresher" in the 2's...... How is that going to be positive with 2 games remaining for the year? Also think his last 2 games were solid without having 1 or 2 spectacular goals which maybe we expect him to do every week. He's a certainty to play in the 1's this week and the last one providing he's fit. Fascinating to hear the crowd roar louder than normal every time he has the ball in his hands.
Wasn't a bad 50 metre pass to Lester in the pocket.

From Titus O'Riely's Monday Knee Jerk Reaction: "It was a great result for the Lions fans, if they ever by some miracle bump into someone who barracks for the Suns, they’ll have bragging rights, but that would be like bumping into a unicorn."

LOL, I still don't know a Sun's supporter and if they moved from us then I would find it difficult to speak to them.

One thing I've been impressed with Eric in the last couple of games is that he's provided the subtle blocks that allows a teammate to go at a marking contest one on one. Until now, he's flown at absolutely everything, occasionally to the team's detriment. Now he seems more aware of when it is his turn to go and when to prevent his direct opponent from going third man up. I reckon that's part of the reason why Walker and Martin have been taking marks recently - they are getting more one on one contests.

Back