List Mgmt. 2017 Contract Status (Seppo's Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox and Langdon have resigned.

Cox to the end of 2020
Langdon 2019

Happy days.
Darcy Tucker next pls
apostrophe or gtfo

You mean hyphen.
maybe I do, maybe I don't... nah I don't. in all the excitement the message got mixed up from brain to fingers.

Really pleased about Langdon, such a smart player and with his pace adds a valuable dimension to the midfield brigade. Could have sworn he was going to leave us.

Taberner - 1 year contract
Sheridan - trade \ 1 year contract
Crozier - 2 year contract
Griffin - retire
Ballantyne - 1 year contract
Suban - FA \ delist
Ibbotson - delist
Dawson - delist

Johnson - 1 year
Clarke - delist
Tucker - 2-3 year contract
Balic - trade
Collins -1 year\ trade
Yarran - delist

This is 6 players delisted\retired with possibly 3 players traded out. The 1 year contract push the problem until next year so I personally would trade Collins or Sheridan for a pick inside the 1st 3 rounds.

Next year we have Sutcliffe , Spurr , D. Pearce, Sandilands , Mundy all out of contract, and not far away being delisted or retiring.
Adding Ballas, Johnson, Sheridan, Collins and Taberner to that list makes this nasty (Very hard to remove all the players in 1 year).
Based on that, we really need to trade 2 of those 10 players out this year or look to do a 1 high pick for 4 later picks like last year.

If Sutcliffe, Spurr, D Pearce would get us a pick in the first 3 rounds I would happily take that as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon confirmed Dawson has played his last AFL game. Said Duman will definitely be on the list next year. And hinted that Collins likely will be as well.
Was that in today's press conference?

If we are looking to trade players for draft picks then here is some information for those so inclined .
WE have picks 5-40-57-58
Hypothetical trades . These are the current picks available and that could be done .
Sutcliffe , Balic and Sheridan
To GC for Picks 33-39
To Carlton picks 37-55
To Essendon picks 28-46
To North Melb picks 20-47
To St Kilda picks 43-56
To Bulldogs picks 29-38
To Get Mcgoven from Adelaide
Adelaide currently have Picks 17-35-53-72 .
we would have to offer a player and future pick 2 Lachie Neale ,Weller or Sean Darcy would be in their sights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back