Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

GreyBudgie

Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
So I would say the Grand Final looks more then likely to be Between Northern Bombers V Lauderdale Bombers, as all other teams are way off. If the GF is at Aurora Park it seems to me at this point in time, it would be all North Launceston after watching them hand Clarence a football Lesson on Saturday.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
So I would say the Grand Final looks more then likely to Be Between Northern Bombers V Lauderdale Bombers, as all other teams are way off if the GF is at Aurora Park it seems to me at this point in time, it would be all North Launceston after watching them hand Clarence a football Lesson on Saturday.

It'll be interesting to see if Clarence can show some fight after the weekends embarrassing performance at YP.

At this stage it does look like L v NL GF.

Still a way to go though.

Still Kickin

Jun 9, 2008
Ross
pathetic excuses for the thugs at Lauderdale
wow, Wells hadnt been reported before ? (only started playing footy last 2 yrs )
where's the duty of care from the club and winter
retaliation ( like any man should have put his hand up and admitted his fault),
i used that against my older and bigger brother when i was a kid .My mum saw threw my cunning plan,
and ended up sending me to visit the old peoples home for some community service .

I actually tried to be diplomatic and give you the benefit of the bout. But you clearly are a flog and talk s**t! Clearly you have something against Winter. Thugs? Please give us your evidence that they are thugs?

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
The ladder seems fairly set now. Interesting to see Clarence v Lauderdale this week & in the finals. as well. No doubt they will get stuck into each other again, again. ;)

Will that pave the way for North Launy who have Burnie & Launceston to finish the season off? I dont think Launceston will worry anyone of the top 3 teams, Glenorchy also seem done.

So will it be a NL Grandfinal at their home ground & a third premiership in 4 years? Can Clarence get their Mojo back in time,? can Lauderdale get the finals monkey off their back?, can Glenorchy rise from the dead?

We'll all soon find out. :)

Hawkboy

Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
The ladder seems fairly set now. Interesting to see Clarence v Lauderdale this week & in the finals. as well. No doubt they will get stuck into each other again, again. ;)

Will that pave the way for North Launy who have Burnie & Launceston to finish the season off? I dont think Launceston will worry anyone of the top 3 teams, Glenorchy also seem done.

So will it be a NL Grandfinal at their home ground & a third premiership in 4 years? Can Clarence get their Mojo back in time,? can Lauderdale get the finals monkey off their back?, can Glenorchy rise from the dead?

We'll all soon find out. :)
Its a hard to see North Launceston not hosting the Grand Final and they are undoubtedly favourites to win it. I think the only team capable of beating them is Lauderdale who have been quite a surprise packet this year. I saw Lauderdale play Burnie a couple of weeks ago and they were very impressive and have some big strong bodies in their side. I think it would be great for the comp if they could win it. I don't think Clarence are as good as their position on the ladder indicates and I can't see Glenorchy or Launceston going very deep in to the finals.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
Its a hard to see North Launceston not hosting the Grand Final and they are undoubtedly favourites to win it. I think the only team capable of beating them is Lauderdale who have been quite a surprise packet this year. I saw Lauderdale play Burnie a couple of weeks ago and they were very impressive and have some big strong bodies in their side. I think it would be great for the comp if they could win it. I don't think Clarence are as good as their position on the ladder indicates and I can't see Glenorchy or Launceston going very deep in to the finals.

Agree. I see Lauderdale have been trying & building for years without much result. Mind you they still have to do it on the big stage of course. I'm not sure if the bye will help them much as I think they'd be better playing each week. It sure would be interesting if it were a Bombers v Bombers GF :)

Halftimehero

10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
Agree. I see Lauderdale have been trying & building for years without much result. Mind you they still have to do it on the big stage of course. I'm not sure if the bye will help them much as I think they'd be better playing each week. It sure would be interesting if it were a Bombers v Bombers GF :)

I cant see how the bye will be an issue. NL will have a week off before they play their first final.

Halftimehero

10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
I guess I was thinking of NLs much greater finals experience. I thought Lauderdale would prefer to keep playing.

Well they have played in the finals the last 6 years, cant see that being an issue either. I would say a bye in the final round is the perfect time to have it, especially already knowing your opponent.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
Well they have played in the finals the last 6 years, cant see that being an issue either. I would say a bye in the final round is the perfect time to have it, especially already knowing your opponent.

No other thoughts on TSL footy, finals teams, scenarios etc?

I guess some of us were trying to discuss the broader aspect of TSL finals 'football'.

But if others aren't interested, so be it.

Halftimehero

10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
No other thoughts on TSL footy, finals teams, scenarios etc?

I guess some of us were trying to discuss the broader aspect of TSL finals 'football'.

But if others aren't interested, so be it.

Thought you would have been all over the Clarence trainer getting rubbed out the other week?

Halftimehero

10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
Why?

Like others on here I do like to talk about footy.

Its a pity other issues cloud things at times, but if you're more interested in that then please give us you're take on it.

Na I couldn't give a fluck about it, just unusual for you not to be all over that sort of stuff, imagine if it was a Lauderdale trainer? You'd lose your mind.

So back to the footy, City Demons after a new coach next season? Kane seemed non committal in his press conference yesterday.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
Na I couldn't give a fluck about it, just unusual for you not to be all over that sort of stuff, imagine if it was a Lauderdale trainer? You'd lose your mind.

So back to the footy, City Demons after a new coach next season? Kane seemed non committal in his press conference yesterday.

You brought it up. You again try & make it into a poor bugger me Lauderdale thing again when nobody else mentioned that incident or Lauderdale.

In so far as NHCFC goes they are still trying to recover after the AFLTas efforts to shred the club & make it something else. That affected support & finances a lot & it still does. Other clubs like Burnie, Devonport, Kingston are having their own problems in this league so maybe the league needs to look at some of the structural issues affecting clubs.

I guess like any decent person, the coach needs to consider all things like his life choices & whether the players & he need a change. I'm very impressed with how he's gone about things. maybe its too big a job for one person. perhaps the coach needs more support? Off & On field. I guess they'll work it out amicably.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
So are we any wiser after the penultimate round of football?
. Clearly Burnie are a mess. NL had a nice training run. Glenorchy played a big last qtr to mask a poor 3qtrs, but Kingston do lift at home. Clarence won the battle of the Clarence city cup I'd think the qualifying final will attract a crowd. The last round wont have much affect on things. I guess Clarence wouldnt want reports or injuries against Glenorchy in the last round.

frankly

Apr 12, 2011
hobart
Anyone hear if Clinton Brown was reported/suspended for a punch against Hobart City in the Dev League?

Suspended for 3 weeks, reduced to 2 for an early guilty plea.
What is it with Lauderdale players running around in the Development league whacking 17 year old kids?
This bloke must nearly be 40 years old, cant call time on his career but takes a spot from a youngster.
Time for TSL bosses to step in and stamp this crap out.

frankly

Apr 12, 2011
hobart
I actually tried to be diplomatic and give you the benefit of the bout. But you clearly are a flog and talk s**t! Clearly you have something against Winter. Thugs? Please give us your evidence that they are thugs?

Surprise surprise, Lauderdale's Nick Grubb rubbed out again. The evidence is mounting.

Halftimehero

10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
Another one with a record I believe. Maybe not as bad as Gleeson at Clarence perhaps. That kid is skating on thin ice. I recon the opposition teams will try him on from now on, seeing he is such a lose cannon & so unstable.

Gee what a suprise Clarence being kissed on the dick at the tribunal, player with the worst record in the league deliberately headbutts another player, breaks his nose and gets 1 week.

Jun 14, 2012
Beautide The Tassie Terminator
Gee what a suprise Clarence being kissed on the dick at the tribunal, player with the worst record in the league deliberately headbutts another player, breaks his nose and gets 1 week.

Was going to post about this earlier in the week, but had that feeling that this would occur.

Halftimehero

10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
Was going to post about this earlier in the week, but had that feeling that this would occur.

Its a 1 week if not 2 week suspension for anyone, he then needs another week added for poor record plus an extra for taking it to the tribunal and pleading not guilty, what a farce.

Hawkboy

Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
Its a 1 week if not 2 week suspension for anyone, he then needs another week added for poor record plus an extra for taking it to the tribunal and pleading not guilty, what a farce.
People seem to get off when there are dire consequences, and the penalty seems to fit the circumstances and not the incident in question. You could have put your house on the Gleeson penalty being reduced.You see this happen in finals a lot and especially before grand finals. Players have a lot bigger chance of being treated leniently when they could miss out on finals but why should they ? Thankfully a couple of years ago the tribunal stood firm on the Roosendaal case despite all the appeals but really they had no choice as he was clearly guilty of head high contact. Even then he only got a week instead of the 3 or 4 weeks he could have got in my opinion.

Cool Carl

Aug 20, 2013

I'm not 100% on this but I believe he plead guilty at the tribunal but appealed the severity of the sentence.
quite happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. one thing I am sure about is that the incident was given the all clear
and it was only after Lauderdale submitted a complaint that it was acted upon. dangerous games to start playing when they have a player
sitting on a combined 15 weeks suspensions.