Opinion Revert to our original song

Do you support reverting back to our original theme song?

• Yes

Votes: 42 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mighty Eagles

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
I've been meaning to post this for a while as it's something I believe in passionately.

As most of us may know, the Eagles were founded on solid West Australian football, which produced legends such as Polly Farmer, Haydn Bunton Jr, Graham Moss, Jack Sheedy, Barry Cable, John Todd among others.

While not all West Australians supported us when we founded, the Eagles did represent WA.

I loved our original song as it is about the foundations that helped shape us as a club, and like many fans can't stand our current song which makes us sound a bit simple.

Irrespective of how old you are, I strongly recommend fans to watch Fox Footy's Birth of the West Coast Eagles which unpacks the enormous hurdles (sometimes deliberately planted) we faced in not only setting up our club, but to become successful in the competition.

Last edited:

I've been meaning to post this for a while as it's something I believe in passionately.

As most of us may know, the Eagles were founded on solid West Australian football, which produced legends such as Polly Farmer, Haydn Bunton Jr, Graham Moss, Jack Sheedy, Barry Cable, John Todd among others.

While not all West Australians supported us when we founded, the Eagles did represent WA.

I loved our original song as it is about the foundations that helped shape us as a club, and like many fans can't stand our current song which makes us sound a bit simple.

Irrespective of how old you are, I strongly recommend fans to watch Fox Footy's Birth of the West Coast Eagles which unpacks the enormous hurdles (sometimes deliberately planted) we faced in not only setting up our club, but to become successful in the competition.

I agree mate, the song needs some body, some context. Watching the boys sing the song after a hard fought win on Saturday was very lacklustre.

Moving to Lathlain, playing a Burswood: perfect time to make a change..?

I like that there are verses in the original song, but the words are a bit s**t. Could be re-visited with same sort of sentiments..

eg. "west coast feast" "merry hell" ?? "added west coast magic" ... learned what lessons??? wise men from the east?

I think a new theme would need to be made with the core of the two previous ones.

Both are quite lame compared to a lot of other club songs around.

No. Marching songs or bloody national anthem reworks are the worst!! The Crows LOL and the Brisbane one - fargend Frenchie national song! Worst evers!

Collingwood, Hawks, Melbourne, Saints, Sydney, Bulldogs are all based on marching songs/anthems and they are all really good. A lot of WAFL teams also have adapted these themes which are excellent. Many are catchy, traditional and instil pride in ones team.

I've always liked EP song. Imagine running out to this song on GF day with a full brass band:

Blatantly stealing an idea from the Gold Coast when they were discussing what their song should be before it was announced.

A reworking of this classic.

Imagine 60k at the new stadium screaming West Coast, * Yeah! after a win. Perfection.

Yes they are stiring songs.. And that's a great selection you picked actually. Love the brass band. But I love that our song is our own. We didn't need to copy or sing it over something else.

remember that from the GF

and WASO did a great version.. Prob my fav . Put some singing over this!! Gotta get replace the corny electro bass and drum sounds from our official versions with real instruments.

Last edited:
Blatantly stealing an idea from the Gold Coast when they were discussing what their song should be before it was announced.

A reworking of this classic.

Imagine 60k at the new stadium screaming West Coast, **** Yeah! after a win. Perfection.

I'll be dancing on the seats, "lick my ass and suck on my balls"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and WASO did a great version.. Prob my fav . Put some singing over this!! Gotta get replace the corny electro bass and drum sounds from our official versions with real instruments.

Ok, this is actually really good.

The lyrics from our website:

Club song
Hey Eagles, hey Eagles, hey Eagles, hey Eagles

We're flying high, we're flying high

We're the Eagles, the West Coast Eagles
And we're here to show you why
We're the big birds, kings of the big game
We're the Eagles, we're flying high

We're flying high

Seriously? So repeatedly we're flying high, and a four line verse repeated three times. After the '06 GF at the 'reception' (i.e. I think it was eight minutes with the players) it was a pitiful and embarrassing song to sing when you are just off your face happy. Is this the best creative effort WA can manage?

Back