HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Carlton played finals worthy football between rounds 12 and 13. We went 2-0, with a percentage of just over 100%. That stretch of football included a win over gws and an interstate win.

We've been ordinary for much of the rest of the season. But apart from that we're a finals worthy team...:D

Bruh

It's a fair enough assessment for Hawks. They lost Mitchell and Lewis, and added Tom Mitchell. That structural changes to their midfield meant that they needed time to adjust to see what works for them. You can't compare another team to that.

Realisitically, our formline after the first month has been more than acceptable for a "finals quality" - 9 wins, 6 losses and a draw, percentage would be over 100. Not top 4, but firmly top 8.

However, that first month was beyond deplorable and is the major reason we won't play finals this year. However, our record over the last 4 months has been "finals worthy".
I don't know about your percentage, but what makes you guys interesting is that you have a draw, so your percentage becomes irrelevant because of that anyway.

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
I don't know about your percentage, but what makes you guys interesting is that you have a draw, so your percentage becomes irrelevant because of that anyway.

Percentage is usually a good seconadary indication of how a team is going - see last year where we had the points, but our low percentage was almost a better indicator of how the Hawks were travelling.

Since round 4, our percentage would be over 100, which is far better than the sub-90 it is at the moment. Again, an indication of the stark difference in our form since then.

Obviously for finals qualifying purposes, the draw makes is essentially as good as a win for us, given our poor %

living_in_syd

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Please explain to me how Carlton gets last in the season predictor?

Carlton, North and Lions are on the same points, and with 2 rounds to go, Lions and North play each other once. Other than that, I would expect more wins?

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Please explain to me how Carlton gets last in the season predictor?

Carlton, North and Lions are on the same points, and with 2 rounds to go, Lions and North play each other once. Other than that, I would expect more wins?
We aren't predicted to win.
North and Brisbane are.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
If or when you do win a flag, I think you'll find it quite different to what you imagine.
In my experience it's more a cerebrate your win, rather than revel in the other teams' loss.

But maybe you're fuelled by the dark side...
But it (winning the flag as a supporter) provides a certain smugness that is both enjoyable and incredibly irritating to others

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
If or when you do win a flag, I think you'll find it quite different to what you imagine.
In my experience it's more a cerebrate your win, rather than revel in the other teams' loss.

But maybe you're fuelled by the dark side...

I wasn't as invested in footy in 97 and 98 due to age. I watched it of course and got excited, but reckon i'd nearly keel over and die if we win one now i'm older!

You could be right about the success being the number 1 celebration, as opposed to rubbing it in. I just hope this year is the year that i can experience those emotions :)

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a fair enough assessment for Hawks. They lost Mitchell and Lewis, and added Tom Mitchell. That structural changes to their midfield meant that they needed time to adjust to see what works for them. You can't compare another team to that.

Yeah, no other club has players change clubs or retire.

beert

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Tough draw to get 6 games in just 4 weeks

That's nothing! We would play the rest of the season in the second month with all games away from home, running uphill and into the breeze. And we didn't have any of this new-fangled squiggle to look at either. We had points to tell us who was the better team, and were grateful for them!

beert

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Why does the squiggle have Collingwood beating Geelong by a point, given the amount of separation on their squiggles?

Similar question about the forecast grand final actually. Adelaide winning by a couple of goals, but they are about equal on the squiggle. Does the forecast use a different algorithm? (I know that it is more accurate to ignore home ground advantage). Also, does it give Adelaide home ground advantage for the GF as they are finishing higher?

Back