Jack Redpath suspended for 3 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause if they do Davis will need to be charged with staging

Everyone knows that Davis is a stager anyways, Dunstall has even publicly stated that it's a disgusting look for the game that a captain of a football club stages as often and blatantly as he does.

Everyone knows that Davis is a stager anyways, Dunstall has even publicly stated that it's a disgusting look for the game that a captain of a football club stages as often and blatantly as he does.
Selwood does it the most but Davis being a wimp doesn't look good for him. Im sure in the moment he's just trying to get a free rather than someone suspended, but still. There isn't a team in the afl who doesn't have someone who flops like a fish given the chance.

This is the biggest one for me. How wines got off with a fine astounds me. Now with Redpath getting 3 I don't know what to think!!

The most confusing thing is that the AFL always talk about the action being more important than the consequences when a player gets suspended for a bump despite not hurting the opponent. And yet there was a hit where Wines left the ground, tucked the elbow and hit a player in the head which means that there was literally nothing else he was attempting except for a high bump.

The most confusing thing is that the AFL always talk about the action being more important than the consequences when a player gets suspended for a bump despite not hurting the opponent. And yet there was a hit where Wines left the ground, tucked the elbow and hit a player in the head which means that there was literally nothing else he was attempting except for a high bump.
Exactly, it's ridiculous. Not to mention all the stuff which is "fine" yet way more dangerous that they allow like knees to the back of the head in marking contests. Players shouldn't be suspended for light contact to the head or neck, it's soft as F.

Exactly, it's ridiculous. Not to mention all the stuff which is "fine" yet way more dangerous that they allow like knees to the back of the head in marking contests. Players shouldn't be suspended for light contact to the head or neck, it's soft as F.

Oh * off dude, you were the moron arguing that Greene roundhouse punching Daniel & Redpath shoving Davis were worth the same punishment.

Oh **** off dude, you were the moron arguing that Greene roundhouse punching Daniel & Redpath shoving Davis were worth the same punishment.
Nah I just said both were soft, which they are. If you think Greene deserves to get suspended for that light touch which had little impact to Daniel, then you deserve this bs punishment to redpath. Can't have it both ways you flower.

LOL at MRP - Dustin Martin "Careless" but Redpaths is Intentional. If this doesn't highlight the ridiculous nature of the MRP then nothing does

giphy.gif

Nah I just said both were soft, which they are. If you think Greene deserves to get suspended for that light touch which had little impact to Daniel, then you deserve this bs punishment to redpath. Can't have it both ways you flower.

One was a hit from behind to the smallest bloke on the ground taking a mark. The other was two bulls grappling face to face (well one bull and one steer).

No difference at all...

One was a hit from behind to the smallest bloke on the ground taking a mark. The other was two bulls grappling face to face (well one bull and one steer).

No difference at all...
Lol you must be hard of learning. If you want players to get suspended for light contact to the head, which Greene's objectively was, then you deserve 3 weeks for redpath. You can't have it both ways flower. Either soft head high contact is soft and hence shouldn't carry a punishment , or anything that touches the head deserves a banning. If you want to cry about redpath and didn't cry for greene you are a hypocrite. I'm not because I believe both shouldn't have been suspended. You need to create some mental gymnastics to justify your opinions it seems.

Oliver wasn't charged with staging when the tribunal ruled that Schofield's incident was insufficient force

You guys must have presented a really bad case.
Giants had said Davis had no ill affects on the night and will train as per normal.
Melbourne medico's said Oliver had bleeding in the mouth and he was stunned by the Schofield hit.

So you would like to see afl players with a track record of throwing punches run straight through an innocent Toby Greene.
Thank christ all supporters dont support thuggery on the field.
You support Toby, so you support thuggery.
Innocent and Toby Greene is an oxymoron, and you, you're just a moron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys must have presented a really bad case.
Giants had said Davis had no ill affects on the night and will train as per normal.
Melbourne medico's said Oliver had bleeding in the mouth and he was stunned by the Schofield hit.

Simply awful. Tried to argue that it was careless not intentional (stupidity), that it was body not high and then admit it was high (stupidity), the only plausible argument they used was that it was more a shove than a strike. The only real argument we had and should have used was that is was below low impact and as a result insufficient force but for some reason the lawyers who are being paid thousands of dollars couldn't think of that defense.

Our case was so bad that it was nearly impossible to change the verdict. However if the MRP dealt with cases the way they were designed to, the case never would've made it this far.

Was never winning an appeal, not sure what the Bulldogs were doing. The argument should have been 'insignificant force' or along those lines.

He has a poor record, and it hurt him. The system is there to help cleanskin offenders, but if you do the same thing you won't get the benefit.

For most players a week down to two would have been given. In previous seasons a fine, but there's a focus on eliminating punching. He does have a poor record so was given 3 weeks down to two.
The decision to challenge made it 3 when it was unsuccessful, which always looked likely given he did punch.

lt's really a failure of the Bulldogs club system to challenge. It's very easy in room of people who want to achieve an outcome to convince yourselves that the impossible is possible. An area where you need the discipline to be cold, pragmatic and objective. That didn't happen clearly.

I don't see a problem with the result. . My understanding is it's similar in ciminal law where throwing your hands up and pleading guilty leads to a reduced sentence and tough choices have to be made.

For most players a week down to two would have been given. In previous seasons a fine, but there's a focus on eliminating punching. He does have a poor record so was given 3 weeks down to two.
The decision to challenge made it 3 when it was unsuccessful, which always looked likely given he did punch.

lt's really a failure of the Bulldogs club system to challenge. It's very easy in room of people who want to achieve an outcome to convince yourselves that the impossible is possible. An area where you need the discipline to be cold, pragmatic and objective. That didn't happen clearly.

I don't see a problem with the result. . My understanding is it's similar in ciminal law where throwing your hands up and pleading guilty leads to a reduced sentence and tough choices have to be made.
Why am I not surprised that you do not have a problem with the result.

It's a Bulldog player getting suspended because of a 'hit' on a GWS player.

Keep typing the Bulldogs hate. Please do.

Why am I not surprised that you do not have a problem with the result.

It's a Bulldog player getting suspended because of a 'hit' on a GWS player.

Keep typing the Bulldogs hate. Please do.
Well it was obvious to me. Two separate bodies reviewed it and came to the same conclusion. But you keep dreaming.

The Greene one was soft? Really? Care to be involved in a science experiment to test that out. Don’t worry it won’t hurt a bit. Soft some might say

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back