Jack Redpath suspended for 3 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1e1389a2c2a685338cab4627ab4c39e1.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Glad I watch more country footy than AFL. At least there is a contest and some physicality still at this level.

3 weeks for that. Wouldn't get that in a netball or basketball competition.

Ah the dogs delusional hypocritical tears are sweet.
nQIQXoHzJw8zrXa-E3Ps6jHoadzUKUCZo1K0zVBqQv-nCJYnroXEbFoh2T4NIlu14Qi3FPD--Dn1IX6vke9F87jt9VZkkA=w200-h150-nc

Until every one stops and realizes the game has gone soft and to stop the softening it will only get worse. Stop complaining what others got in punishment and just call soft what it is, soft.
If another team hits someone from your team and it's soft, stop crying about it. This redpath hit was soft, Davis didn't act well either. Just like Greene's incidents are nothing. If you want the game harder then stop being blinded by your bias.
You dont have bias?

For most players a week down to two would have been given. In previous seasons a fine, but there's a focus on eliminating punching. He does have a poor record so was given 3 weeks down to two.
The decision to challenge made it 3 when it was unsuccessful, which always looked likely given he did punch.

lt's really a failure of the Bulldogs club system to challenge. It's very easy in room of people who want to achieve an outcome to convince yourselves that the impossible is possible. An area where you need the discipline to be cold, pragmatic and objective. That didn't happen clearly.

I don't see a problem with the result. . My understanding is it's similar in ciminal law where throwing your hands up and pleading guilty leads to a reduced sentence and tough choices have to be made.
He did punch? Point to where he punched? You can't, because he didnt.

Challenging an extremely debatable MRP decision and subsequently losing is most certainly not the failure of a club's system. It was just as much a gamble with potentially 2 weeks to go in our season with the risk of him missing 1 more game as it was challenging an inconsistent ruling.

A good example of the failure of a club's systems would be having two club officials deliberately hide a player from drug testers and subsequently receive 6-12 month suspensions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood does it the most but Davis being a wimp doesn't look good for him. Im sure in the moment he's just trying to get a free rather than someone suspended, but still. There isn't a team in the afl who doesn't have someone who flops like a fish given the chance.
You seriously think what Davis does and what Selwood does are the same

He did punch? Point to where he punched? You can't, because he didnt.

Challenging an extremely debatable MRP decision and subsequently losing is most certainly not the failure of a club's system. It was just as much a gamble with potentially 2 weeks to go in our season with the risk of him missing 1 more game as it was challenging an inconsistent ruling.

A good example of the failure of a club's systems would be having two club officials deliberately hide a player from drug testers and subsequently receive 6-12 month suspensions.
He did punch him though.
Making an unwinnable challenge is a failure of a clubs system.
This is obvious.

Last edited:
I suggest you check the definition of the word 'punch' if you believe that is what he did.
Suggest you encourage your club to do some remedial work with Redpath. Clearly he needs to take the dirty play out of his game. He has a poor record for a reason.
Developing the skills to become an AFL grade tall forward would be probably be good for your team as well. He was.an embarassment to the game with his incredible fumbling in front of goals.
Maybe the two are related?

Suggest you encourage your club to do some remedial work with Redpath. Clearly he needs to take the dirty play out of his game. He has a poor record for a reason.
Developing the skills to become an AFL grade tall forward would be probably be good for your team as well. He was.an embarassment to the game with his incredible fumbling in front of goals.
I agree that it is stupid of Redpath to have toed the line. He shouldn't give the MRP reason to consider suspending him. But that doesn't mean the decision was fair and shouldn't have been challenged.

As for the rest of your post which is completely off topic and designed to get a reaction - pathetic trolling as usual.

I agree that it is stupid of Redpath to have toed the line. He shouldn't give the MRP to consider suspending him. But that doesn't mean the decision was fair.

As for the rest of your post which is completely off topic and designed to get a reaction - pathetic trolling as usual.
It's completely reasonable to suggest a player lacking skill might use foul play in an attempt to compensate though. He certainly wouodn't be the first to do so.

i just look at the team you follow and thats enough for me to know you're a complete Wa$#$R
your team is the embarassment

cc04f09ee76c172c73f003aad92704c5.jpg
what’s this worth then? Double open hand. Worse decision ever - what did Houli originally get?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This should be a clear 2 week suspension. You can see the tips of Patton's fingers on Cordy's throat, should be classified as high. Intentional, high, medium impact (Patton is a big guy).

i just look at the team you follow and thats enough for me to know you're a complete Wa$#$R
your team is the embarassment
Dont waste your time on this clown.

Conveniently joined the forum when GWS started winning games a year or so ago. At least most of their other regulars here copped it when they were a rabble.

IIRC this guy was a hawks supporter before LOL

The punch as recogised by the afl should be one week.It shouldn't matter whether a player has gone once.twice or three times.
A simple solution to redpath and hawkins problems shouldve been eady as 'you're a dropkick for another untidy effort one week champ' NEXT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back