Traded Brandon Matera [traded to Fremantle]

Remove this Banner Ad

Much better player than Green. Would be a really good player in a good team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is he though, they're both the same age, they're both pretty one dimensional smalls that aren't really a threat in the air and they can't really run around in the middle. Very similar ages, numbers and physical attributes.

He's probably going to be an astute grab out of the bargain bin for someone but he's essentially worthless

Is he though, they're both the same age, they're both pretty one dimensional smalls that aren't really a threat in the air and they can't really run around in the middle. Very similar ages, numbers and physical attributes.

He's probably going to be an astute grab out of the bargain bin for someone but he's essentially worthless
Yep. Can be a match winner on a level Green cant as well as being able to run through the midfield.

Having said that he is no star

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seems highly likely that he will be in WA next year but it's hard to which team he'll be at.

Will be 26 by the start of next season, has only played more than 17 games in one of his 7 seasons, has had a couple of good halves of season. So I don't see him being worth more than 3rd round draft pick even in this 'week' draft'.

Ultimately I think it will come down to whether or not West Coast believe they can challenge for the flag next year without Mitchell, Priddis or any idea of how long it will take Naitanui to return to his best.

From Fremantle's perspective he's on the the upper limit of our age demographic but has the potential to be a decent replacement for Ballantyne. We have a good trading relationship with Gold Coast and think we could get him for less than our current 3rd round pick which would make him worth perusing.

Seems highly likely that he will be in WA next year but it's hard to which team he'll be at.

Will be 26 by the start of next season, has only played more than 17 games in one of his 7 seasons, has had a couple of good halves of season. So I don't see him being worth more than 3rd round draft pick even in this 'week' draft'.

Ultimately I think it will come down to whether or not West Coast believe they can challenge for the flag next year without Mitchell, Priddis or any idea of how long it will take Naitanui to return to his best.

From Fremantle's perspective he's on the the upper limit of our age demographic but has the potential to be a decent replacement for Ballantyne. We have a good trading relationship with Gold Coast and think we could get him for less than our current 3rd round pick which would make him worth perusing.
We would keep him rather than take a 3rd..

Would he nominate though?
Or is it pure speculation?
The whole board is speculation at this point in the year, it really only stops being speculation when the deal is announced.
The speculation is based of off rumour and innuendo.
In the hypothetical scenario that he wants to return home then he would nominate a destination just like every other player to be traded in the past 5+ years.

The whole board is speculation at this point in the year, it really only stops being speculation when the deal is announced.
The speculation is based of off rumour and innuendo.
In the hypothetical scenario that he wants to return home then he would nominate a destination just like every other player to be traded in the past 5+ years.
Lets speculate that he stays then..
You can keep your 3rd rounder.

Lets speculate that he stays then..
You can keep your 3rd rounder.
I'm not particularly invested in him coming to Fremantle, I don't mind getting him for a 3rd rounder but I don't really care if we miss out. I was just predicting what I believe to be the most likely scenario, you are welcome to disagree. Do you believe he'll be playing for the suns next year? and if not who will he be playing for and what will be be traded for?

I'm not particularly invested in him coming to Fremantle, I don't mind getting him for a 3rd rounder but I don't really care if we miss out. I was just predicting what I believe to be the most likely scenario, you are welcome to disagree. Do you believe he'll be playing for the suns next year? and if not who will he be playing for and what will be be traded for?
I think hes out there exploring his options. Not sure where he fits in atm, especially with Ainsworth and Ah Chee taking small fwd spots.
I think Ainsworth will begin moving up the ground almost as early as next year.

We need experienced bodies not draft picks, I think he is worth more to us than he is to others. I would be happy with a middle Second rounder, just depends if someone out there is will to pay that.

I think hes out there exploring his options. Not sure where he fits in atm, especially with Ainsworth and Ah Chee taking small fwd spots.
I think Ainsworth will begin moving up the ground almost as early as next year.

We need experienced bodies not draft picks, I think he is worth more to us than he is to others. I would be happy with a middle Second rounder, just depends if someone out there is will to pay that.
I understand that point of view but it isn't a realistic hypothetical, Players have to agree to where they are traded to and so GC can't wait for any random team to offer a second round draft pick.
If he decides he wants to leave he will nominate a preferred destination that he has been meeting with and he will be traded to that team at a cost related to a number of factors.
These factors include; age, injury history and form with more emphasis on the current year, un/contracted and a number of lesser factors like how close the player is to R/FA, whether the preseason draft is a potential threat etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think West Coast need him more than Freo, he'd be an upgrade on Josh Hill.

That said he would allow Langdon to play further up the ground, and would replace an ageing and increasingly over the hill Ballantyne. Both clubs would be making enquiries

I understand that point of view but it isn't a realistic hypothetical, Players have to agree to where they are traded to and so GC can't wait for any random team to offer a second round draft pick. I
f he decides he wants to leave he will nominate a preferred destination that he has been meeting with and he will be traded to that team at a cost related to a number of factors.
These factors include; age, injury history and form with more emphasis on the current year, un/contracted and a number of lesser factors like how close the player is to R/FA, whether the preseason draft is a potential threat etc.
Its as realistic as you saying he is going to Freo.
He hasn't openly said he is going anywhere to be honest.

Its as realistic as you saying he is going to Freo.
He hasn't openly said he is going anywhere to be honest.
Lets not spend more time discussing the intricacies of how hypothetical scenarios work.
The entirety of this thread is based on the hypothetical that he wishes to be traded, in every single scenario in which an uncontracted player wishes to be traded they are traded.

The fact that he hasn't openly said anything is a moot point.

Also I didn't say I think he's going to Fremantle, I said that WC are the more likely destination

You would think West Coast need him more than Freo, he'd be an upgrade on Josh Hill.

That said he would allow Langdon to play further up the ground, and would replace an ageing and increasingly over the hill Ballantyne. Both clubs would be making enquiries
I hope you take Matera and we draft Liam Ryan.

Can confirm from the Suns side of things we definitely tried to trade him last year. Suns asking price in a trade was overs for what he had shown but his high price of this final year of his contract was the major sticking point for interested clubs and Matera wouldn't take less.

Blues & Bombers were keen but decided to take cheaper options (Pickett & Green).

I am led to believe the Suns will offer him a contract extension but in the same scenario as Charlie Dixon. Ie. Low ball $$$ & years compared to the open market and if he stays it will be very much on the Suns terms. He has improved his worth this season but it won't entice the Suns to up his offer.

But it will encourage them to stick to their demand for a 2nd rounder or a suitable player.

Trent McKenzie is in the same boat.

They are the last 2 of the original rat pack. Suns management won't shed tears if both move on at seasons end.

Ainsworth & Scrimshaw were drafted for a reason last year.

Bump.

So nothing has changed from 2-months ago apart from instead of only offering a low ball contract on Suns terms to try and push him out the door, looks likely we won't be offering a contract at all!

Suns wanted him gone last trades period.

Really smart around goal
Would kick 50+ goals a year in a good team I suspect

Doesn't tackle
Doesn't defend

So guess that begs the question about whether a good team would be playing a pure offensive small forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back