Bluemour Discussion Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Here I'd normally provide an exercise for the reader in terms of referencing a video by The Cure but the mods find my posts too obtuse and delete my posts so why bother.

Don't underrate his ability as a workhorse - neither do I over rate his ability as a decision maker or his disposal by hand or foot.

Although I must say his disposal has improved somewhat.

Don't underrate his ability as a workhorse - neither do I over rate his ability as a decision maker or his disposal by hand or foot.
I've noticed kerridge has this odd tendency to hold the ball up in front of him for a second or 2 whenever he receives it. Not too dissimilar to someone having taken a mark and holding it up to show the ump ? It's very frustrating and makes his link up play a detriment as it becomes a very slow process when he is involved. If he could work on his awareness and force himself to adapt to the pace of afl I'm regards to how quick you need to make decisions then he'd be a solid player imo.

TLDR: don't blame you I suck at writing, especially on a phone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've noticed kerridge has this odd tendency to hold the ball up in front of him for a second or 2 whenever he receives it. Not too dissimilar to someone having taken a mark and holding it up to show the ump ? It's very frustrating and makes his link up play a detriment as it becomes a very slow process when he is involved. If he could work on his awareness and force himself to adapt to the pace of afl I'm regards to how quick you need to make decisions then he'd be a solid player imo.

TLDR: don't blame you I suck at writing, especially on a phone

Yes, this is something noticed as well. Honestly, it'd be something very hard to overcome, given he's always played like that, it looks a bit awkward, and I reckon this is based on pure instinct. Compare Kerridge in traffic to Samo in traffic. Daylight in difference. Samo knows where to run, how to draw a man, how to use agility to run the best lines, when the right timing to give the handball off. I rate footy instinct and footy intelligence very highly.

I do like Kerridge in that he plays his absolute guts out and runs all day and never gives up.

Just watch our membership grow next year if we attain a few top calibre players in this trade period and draft?

Attendances at games may increase, not sure that will actually translate into memberships.

Nah mate, our supporters expect top 4 before they'll jump on board...personal thought, I think we have the largest bandwagon support in the comp. completely self entitled.l and stuck in the 80's

I know some people won't like that, but truth hurts

The truth probably is even if we are winning premierships, we still won't have membership numbers the likes of some other clubs. We never have. (not even in the 80s). The thing that has always increased with success is attendances.

Here I'd normally provide an exercise for the reader in terms of referencing a video by The Cure but the mods find my posts too obtuse and delete my posts so why bother.

Would be ok, as long as the reference is only from their first three albums. After 'Faith', too much focus on the money.

Spot on. It was he who made the suggestion to the club.
Some tasty morsels. If CFC are doing this right there will be some pertinent 'misinformation' too. Happy with our willingness to explore all avenues and sounds like we are active in all markets.

Pick 1 will give us much more flexibility than picks 2 , 3 or 4 which an additional win could bring about.
A win which incidentally has zero significance for development.
Rectify the midfield this year and settle KPF next year once and for all, rich in talls and Ben Silvagni means two elite talls with special talent.
Either of the King Brothers , Lukasouis , next year's top 7 would all eligible 1pick quality in current draft.
Go Baggers
Still have a feeling that SOS and co would like to spend/use our 2018 first round pick on a deal this year, because we could be forced to give it up for BENSOS if some club bid for him early in the draft (some say he could go top 10)........some smart arse like the * list manager (Dodoro) would love to make us give up our first rounder for the next Silvagni kid on the block..........time will tell, but it (2018 pick) could be used to get another player during the trades in OCT........just a thought that`s all.

My head says you are on the money, my heart says beating the Hawks and ending an unacceptable run of defeats that stretches to what, off the top of my head maybe 8 years whilst may not add to much to the tangible development of the kids (just an extra game of experience), will add to the camaraderie between the young group and as mentioned, lift a giant millstone off the club's shoulders which will galvanize everyone from the Exec to the bootstudders. These are the intangible benefits that another loss can't buy.
Yes, but what it could buy is pick 1 to get Kelly with as GWS want Rayner I read somewhere..........but do not mention the "T" word too loudly as the neighbours might complain!!! We have not beaten the haws since 2005 apparently.......but who cares, it`s all about who we beat from next season onwards !!!

I appreciate that.
Just wonder on what grounds someone can announce a trade as a done deal?

How's our done deal with Hawthorn going this year?
I'm just guessing here as what we hear and what the truth may be, could be poles apart.
Maybe it is a "done deal" between Carlton and him as in an agreement, but they then have to get the deal done with GWS......which of course is the tricky part!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back