The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Average score against:

Rounds 1 -10: 122pts
ROUND 11: BYE
Rounds 12 - 22: 106pts

If we can get our average against under 100pts next year - great effort :thumbsu:
Well it's already down 16 points per game this season, and our percentage is up 13%.

Once we improve our turnover rate, our percentage will skyrocket.

Well it's already down 16 points per game this season, and our percentage is up 13%.

Further, we no longer have the worst percentage in the League.

We're now on 75.0% and Freo have fallen to 73.8%.

Barring a disastrous performance against North, you would think we'll stay ahead of the Dockers.

one note of caution on our defense is that I understand this year has been a low scoring year overall. although the post bye rounds average of 106 (26 less ppg than last year) is a really significant improvement.

Heres an unexpected one.

Daniel Rich (along with Zorko) is in the AFL player rating team of the year at the moment as a defender. While it means nothing I think it shows that he is a pretty valuable player back there. Has been a defender all year, has put his body on the line and improved a lot in one on one contests and while he might never be a great midfielder his skills and ball winning ability is solid off half back. He is ranked about 80 overall for the season but because he is marked as a defender they must have a set number of defenders who get picked.

Average score against:

If we can get our average against under 100pts next year - great effort :thumbsu:

Further to the above, there are only 4 teams to average over 90pts per game since the bye and we are one of them (Adelaide, Sydney are two of the others).

Source: Scott Lucas on his Not So Obvious segment on SEN last night.

So, in simple terms since the bye:

Brisbane Lions 92
Opposition 106

Further to the above, there are only 4 teams to average over 90pts per game since the bye and we are one of them (Adelaide, Sydney are two of the others).

Source: Scott Lucas on his Not So Obvious segment on SEN last night.

So, in simple terms since the bye:

Brisbane Lions 92
Opposition 106
Everything tracking in the right direction.

Scott Lucas is very good. I don't like the concept of player managers within media profiles that they can exploit - Pickering a case in point - but Lucas comes across as very fair-minded, well-informed and as straight talking as a manager can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello members, long time lurker and don't post very often but thoroughly enjoy the contributions all Lions fans make on this board. I'm just a die hard Lions fan based in Melbourne. Anyway, possibly the wrong place for this but I wanted to share my "positive" of the year, highlighting the fan interaction and professionalism of the club that I observed last weekend. My son was randomly selected -from all Junior members to have attended every Victorian game this year - to be the Junior mascot for the Brisbane Lions at the Lions vs Demons game at the MCG last weekend.

The little fella was given the opportunity (gladly accompanied by me) to go into the rooms before the game and watch the players warm up, get dressed up in Lions playing gear, run out with the players through the banner, and then kick a goal with the help of Dayne Beams (although he was happier with the lollies Dayne gave him). Further to this we were also invited into the rooms after the game to meet the players and get his new jumper signed. The players were willing to give their time to us and interacted openly, even allowing us to interrupt their conversations with family and friends to engage with us. What an amazing experience, one we both will never forget, and are extremely appreciative for being given the opportunity!!

What stood out for me during the day was the effort that went into fan interaction, particularly by the support staff, co-ordinating the Junior mascot and corporates, members forming the guard of honour and just family and friends access. Special thanks goes to Sam Lord and Peter for looking after myself and my son, they were genuine in their endeavours to make us feel welcome and part of the day.

I also noticed the professionalism of the preparation from the players, coaches and support staff. Everything done in warm ups was timed, players weighed themselves often, food and drink provided was monitored and there was plenty of guidance and direction provided to the players. Whilst this may be expected by a professional sporting team, it was noted in conversation that there had been significant improvement in these areas.

All in all, an experience we are so fortunate to have been part of and I would personally like to thank the Brisbane Lions, Sam Lord, Peter and the players ( Lions_Insider ) for making our day so enjoyable. It is these types of experiences that creates a 'positive' culture and ensures we have a member base for years to come.

upload_2017-8-25_17-13-42.png

Awesome story there! Beams is great with the kids who run out through the banner each game.

Little things like this show that the club is starting to get stuff right on and off the field.

Thanks for posting this!!

That is awesome. Your little man will never forget that day. So pleased for you and your son.

Interaction from the players to the fans as been a bit of a bugbear of mine for quite some time, so am really pleased to read your story.

It really has been a remarkable turnaround in so many ways for our club.

Give Fagan, Noble and Swanny a 10 year contract each now .... forge their signature to keep them if necessary.

(little kids never forget things like the above, and why it is important..... Mr MM was an older kid , but asked Carl Ditterich for his autograph after a game, and was told he was too busy and just brushed him off. Mr MM never forgave his favorite player.....to this day)

Last edited:
Average score against:

Not sure if posted:

offensive stats after the bye:

21106312_1475341242543742_4842935751291432225_n.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back