Scape Goat Whipping Boy - vacancies available

Who is your choice as our next whipping boy?

• Shane Kersten

• Tommy Sheridan

• Cam McCarthy

• Lee Spurr

• Michael Johnson

• Griffin Logue

• Garrick Ibbotson

• Brad Hill

• Joel Hamling

• Hayden Crozier

• Matthew Taberner

• Cam Sutcliffe

• Other (please specify in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been 6 weeks since he last took a contested mark which is pretty ordinary for a "tall" forward.
You'd almost forgive those figures if he could create a spill in the contest and give the crumbers a chance, but his efforts in the contest are, as sportsmaniac89 suggested, so wet lettuce leaf like that he gets out marked easily. Any mark taken against Kersten should be regarded as uncontested such is Kersten's lack of appetite for the "contest".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 5 whipping boys this season (in no particular order)

- ballas
- McCarthy
- Tabs
- tommy
- D. Pearce

Honourable mention;

- Gray

Of those, I only want to see 2, maybe 3 on our list next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I now think Tabs will get himself off most people's lists based on what we have seen so far.

Absolute guarantees I think are:
Ballas
DP (if he plays AFL)
Tommy
Sutty
Cam
Kersten

I also thing the following will get some "love" to if they don't improve their kicking:
Grey
Billy
Langdon

Baneful easily wins the anti-whipping boy award -> impressing in first appearances as a rookie listed player, cost us nothing, every good thing he does must make West Coast supporters cringe/sigh, reminds us of perennial good guys in Barlow and De Boer, just exudes hard worker and has exceeded expectations in every appearance he has made so far.

Bradshaw would probably be in second with just his general ability to not make any mistakes. I'm not sure we've ever had a player on our list who seems as reliable as him. High expectations being a pick #2 so risk of free falling but seems highly unlikely given his character.

We haven't had much exposure to Crowded yet but expecting him to be top 3 early in the season. He can kick so that almost automatically disqualifies him from whipping boy potential right there.

Ceramic could go either way. More than likely to shine with his class and accurate kicking but was expensive with pick #5 and more than a few would be nervous given the recent Balic era and him having a Victorian girlfriend.

Back