Universal Love Post of the Week - The Yaco55 Multi-Quote Memorial Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes a good post needs to be preserved somewhere for future generations of Bigfooty Essendon forum devotees. Currently there is too much gold slipping through the cracks. This thread has been designed to document the wit and wisdom of Essendon's bigfooty posters that may not be getting the recognition it deserves and preserve it for future Essendon bigfooty fans.

This is the place to put anything that you think is deserving, whether it is on the Essendon board or on other forums.

Last edited:
This one line pearler from Andronicus...

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/non-essendon-thread-x.1042056/page-814#post-41537266

I rate S.Sellwood higher than Redden - Sellwood can also back up as a tag - My reference to S.Sellwood was in reference to the media saying he is an average player, because he couldn't make WC's 22 for the GF - Sellwood could not get continuity in his footy in 2015. Sellwood is VC for a reason.

More Sellwood in a 2 line Yaco post than a month long timber sale at bunnings.

Is there one that stands out as being particularly goood that you could post a link for as a representation of his quality work?
The North one was one of my favourites: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ne-etihad-stadium-sat-22-7-17-1-45pm.1171790/

View attachment 394412

FORECAST:
15 degrees. 0% chance of rain. Partly cloudy. Please, for the love of Marty Gleeson's kneecaps, put the roof on.

339476_30e25289ad3cee1f5c8fc544855a7acd.jpg

ESSENDON BOMBERS: $1.24
NORF MELBOURNE: $4.20

THE SUPERCOACH TOP 3 FROM LAST WEEK:

ESSENDON: Michael Hurley (133), Zach Merrett (120), James Kelly (116)
LOL NORF: Ben Cunnington (137), Aaron Mullett (102), Andrew Swallow (101)

339477_d5f5c6a40203515d334cb2fc724b677e.jpg

ESSENDON BOMBERS

Essentially dominated the game from go to woah, and never looked like losing.
Relentless pressure over every single contest saw the Saints look like clumsy children, who couldn't hit a target to save themselves.
Wayward kicking in the first half saw the Bombers dominant, but not showing the efforts on the scoreboard.
DANIIIHHHEEEERRRRRRR!!!
That Hurley goal in the third made me tingle everywhere. How's the smile on the big fella!
Same with the Myers goal. The hoof is back showing some serious improvement, and now that he's back in the seniors consistently, hopefully we see some more massive goals.
Zach Merrett is a machine. No matter who went on him, he found the pill, and ended up with 37 touches, a match high.
Bellchambers made Hickey look like a physically hampered giraffe, and dominated him all day, even kicking a couple of snags himself.
Even little Joshy Green got on the end of two before dun goofin' his hamstring; though plenty of Bombers fans would argue if that's a good or bad thing.
Bloody Marty Gleeson was marking absolutely everything, and is a seriously great defender.
McGrath. Oh my god, McGrath. What a player.
David Zaharakis' mid-year form switch has been a thing of beauty. It's so great to watch.
My St Kilda supporting fiancee was not very happy that the crowd of 47k+ was 80% Essendon. This ******* club, hey?
Starting to show some serious swagger. This is a team that can do anything and beat anyone on their day.

ESSENDON BOMBERS 17.16 118 def. ST KILDA SAINTS 7.15 57
Crowd: 47,156, not including the Saints players who didn't show up

BEST: Zaharakis, Daniher, Merrett, Hurley, McGrath, Bellchambers
GOALS: Daniher 4, Green, Bellchambers, Zaharakis, McDonald-Tipungwuti 2, McKenna, Hurley, Hooker, Colyer, Myers
INJURIES: Green (Hamstring)
REPORTS: Nil

--------

NORTH MELBOURNE

May as well watch the replay in 3x speed with the Benny Hill theme playing in the background.
I don't think anyone at North would be happy with that performance. Or this year, to be honest.
Never really gave a yelp against a Port side that dominated the entire match to run out 70 point winners.
The entire match was effectively taken out of their hands in the first quarter, as Port kicked 8 goals to North's two straight.
Ben Cunnington was really the only half-decent player for Norf last weekend, with 26 contested disposals, aside from Carrot Top, who kicked three goals.
This is six straight losses for Norf now, with a huge challenge looming in the resurgent Essendon.
Goldstein? Who is Goldstein?
Hibberd and Wagner both suffered injuries but shouldn't be out for too long.
How Majak Daw is still on an AFL list is absolutely beyond me.

PORT ADELAIDE POWER 19.13 127 def. LOL NORF 8.9 57
Crowd: 34,136 Port fans and two Norf fans

BEST: Cunnington, Brown, Tarrant, Atley
GOALS: Brown 3, Atley 2, Higgins, Garner, Hrovat
INJURIES: Hibberd (shoulder), Wagner (ankle)
REPORTS: Nil

339478_e0380d7f4f2a94c3e1f264979bf0aaeb.jpg

ESSENDON COACH: John Worsfold
NORF COACH: Mrs. Scott's second favourite son

View attachment 394364

ESSENDON EMERGENCIES:

Matt Dea, Kyle Langford, Josh Begley

NORF EMERGENCIES:
Lachie Hansen, Josh Williams, Jed Anderson

--------------------------

ESSENDON INS: Jobe Watson, Jayden Laverde
ESSENDON OUTS: Josh Green (Hamstring), Craig Bird (Omit)

NORF INS: Ryan Clarke, Trent Dumont, Sam Durdin, Nick Larkey, Jarrad Waite
NORF OUTS: Todd Goldstein (Omit), Lindsay Thomas (****), Mitchell Hibberd (Shoulder), Corey Wagner (Ankle), Jack Ziebell (Scared)

DEBUT:
LARKEY%20Nick.png

North Melbourne - Nick Larkey, #40
Pick #73, 2016 National Draft

339479_a031cfde407b87b2e6efba289ee34e28.jpg

guile-sfiv-select.png

HE'S BACK. THE BIG MAN HIMSELF IS BAAAAACK.

FINALLY, THE ROCK, HAS COME BACK, TO ETIHAD STADIUM.

Jayden Laverde, aka Guile, aka Duke Nukem, aka THE DEATH MACHINE, is finally back in the seniors after a horrendous run with injury, limiting him to minimal game time all year. We all have such enormous hopes for this kid, so seeing him back in the seniors is absolutely fantastic. Especially when you consider that he's coming off a 6 goal effort last week. Add to this mix the former captain and future Essendon legend, super Jobey Watson, and these are two formidable ins. Excellent. Out of the side is little Josh Corgi Green, who has popped a hammy, and Craig Bird, who could consider himself stiff when you factor in his solid performance last week. At this stage, however, Jobe is a better option.

Norf really threw me on this one and dropped half their ******* side this week, so the fix is in. We're either going to win by 100+ points or they're going to win by 6. ******* Essington.

Perhaps the biggest shock was Norf dropping big Toddy Goldstein. His form has been, frankly, shithouse, so it's not a surprise as such. He's been about as effective as a drift car with traction control. Lindsay Thomas has been dropped too, which means I'm going to have one less player to swear at while at the game, and Mitchell Hibberd has dun goof'd his shoulder. The captain, Jack Ziebell, has also been rested with a bad case of vaginaitis hurtius. I kid. He goes in hard and his body gets knocked around, hence the rest this week. Corey Wagner has injured his ankle.

Coming in to the North side is Ryan Clarke, Trent Dumont, Sam Durdin, veteran Jarrad Waite (who will probably kick 6), and the newbie, Nick Larkey; a very tall ginger from out bush who will be up against the formidable duo of Bellchambers and Daniher in the ruck.

FUN TIMES.

339480_912da7c4609a4a31aa30868acb359fab.jpg

ESSENDON BOMBERS - #4 - JOBE WATSON

The future Essendon legend, Jobe Watson, returns to the team this week after a well deserved rest, primed and ready to take on the Norf midfield. Jobe's form this year has been somewhat up and down; he looks fantastic some weeks, but then some others he looks slow and almost as if the game has passed him by. The benefit of him being in the side, even with his slightly slower movement, is that his strength through the body and incredible match smarts see him making an impact even if it's not the same as it was back when he was tearing games apart a few years ago. The year off has impacted all of the returning players in different ways, and although Jobe does look leaner and far fitter, the biggest influence it's had on him has been his focus on developing the younger guys at the club to take over his mantle when he eventually retires. Whether that be this year or next is irrelevant; you can assume that Jobe will be given full reign of certain roles at EFC, and the doors will always be open.

Or you know, he could just do a 1993 Timmy Watson and win a flag. That would be fine too.

ESSENDON BOMBERS - #8 - MARTIN GLEESON

There were a few naysayers on this site that had written Marty off, saying he'd never amount to anything at our club; too small, not fast enough, doesn't impact the contest. Well Cyborg Gleeson has told you all to get a cyborg dong up ya because he's setting the world on fire right now. Last week against the Saints, Marty made the St Kilda fleet-footed squadron of small forward named Jack look like a pack of pissed short people stumbling out of the Stanford Hotel at 3am, taking 14,000 intercept marks and making Nick Riewoldt have the second worst night he's had in his life; the worst being the night when the pictures of his old boy got leaked online. Marty's deceptively deep voice paired with his 13-year old looks have convinced multiple parties of the AFL fraternity that he is, in fact, a robot paired with a slightly unmatched voice modulator unit, with strength far beyond the realms of possibility when one considers his noodle arms and blonde hair. This week, he'll probably make Lindsay Thomas look like a shitcampaigner, which isn't overly hard, seeing as shitcampaigner is that shitcampaigner's middle name.

LOL NORF - #12 - LINDSAY SHITCAMPAIGNER THOMAS

I wrote this before Thomas was dropped and now it's totally irrelevant. But I think it's funny, so I'm keeping it. Lol Norf.

You know you're a real shitcampaigner when even your own three fans hate you. Thomas has been a bizarre entity this season; he's been in and out of the VFL, punching blokes in the knob and still somehow thinking he's king s**t. He's a strange player with a strange way of making you thoroughly dislike him just by looking at him. You know that feeling when The Simpsons comes on and you realise it's a Marge or a Lisa centred episode? Or when you're watching Essendon when they hold a four goal lead with three minutes left? Or seeing that they're remaking a classic movie for absolutely no reason whatsoever? Or when you watch Titanic and see that there was clearly room on that door for Jack? OR when you get the NBN installed, thinking it will be super stable and fast, and it's a legitimate downgrade on what you were on before? That feeling of annoying and disgust has a face, and it's the face of this bloke.

What a flog.

19875169_1806890312671025_8057500653532134871_n.jpg

AFL MEDIA: "LINDSAY! You're a diver!"
THOMAS: "I'm sorry, did you just call me a liar?"
MEDIA: "No, I called you a diver."
THOMAS: "Oh, that's much worse"

LOL NORF - LIST MANAGEMENT

18557397_1747721151921275_2868733256937690987_n.jpg

Brad Scott: "You like this Brent Harvey? Look in the locker rooms, he's there for you! You don't like him? Then neither do I!"
*North delists Harvey after 428 games*
Brad Scott: "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE! Hey, ever seen a team say goodbye to their best player and ending his career for absolutely no reason whatsoever?"
Homer: "Heheheh, yes, once."

339481_d928ffdd706120daacb6357f46b7e30f.jpg

I'm Just Rambling at this Point - 20th July 2017

Isn't is strange how much the mood of a collective group can change based upon the result of a footy match on the weekend? A few weeks ago after the ghastly display against Brisbane, there were shitfights, arguments, online sparring contests, and probably even a few e-penis measuring competitions. How things change. We've moved through two weeks of more-or-less cataclysmic football into the past fortnight; where we've seen the old rival Collingwood fall to the mercy of Oooorrraaaazzziooo Fantasia again and a fellow finals contender in St Kilda fall on their own pre-sharpened sword. Last week's performance was one of few negatives; the kicking for goal in the first half left plenty to be desired but aside from that we were looking bloody schmick. Harpooning passes through the middle of the ground, setting up ridiculous scoring chains off half back, taking the game on, Joey Bloody Daniher taking hanger after hanger... It was all great.

And then this week has happened; where we've all been intensely debating whether or not Laverde or Begley comes in for the injured whipping boy Josh Green. One can't say that Corgi's whipping hasn't been deserved, as such; he gets a few goals here and there but doesn't seem to do a lot around the ground and is rather one paced. It's bizarre to see after such a long time of not being entitled to a football opinion (if you asked anyone outside of these four walls), we can now openly discuss changes to an unhindered team that have absolutely every chance of appearing in September action.

We haven't won three matches in a row for almost 3 years. That's a despicable stat; one that a club as historically rich and powerful as ours can not be happy with. At first, we were unhappy that while we had patches of ripping form, we couldn't hold it together for four quarters. This fact saw us lose a few matches, and made other teams successes even harder to stomach. Losses to Carlton, Brisbane, and Sydney should have been wins, and if that was the case, we would be top 4. Imagine that. A team like ours, after all we've been through, sitting top four at this point of the season. Even if you take away from the fact that we've had half of our list switch over the off-season, that's bloody impressive, and it's a testament to both Woosha, his staff, and the playing group that the team has gelled the way that they have.

This week, we come up against Norf; the classic struggler team, sort of like the little step brother who follows you around pretending to be tough but then getting belted around the park by the school bully. The Norf BigFooty community are probably the saltiest towards the Bombers, more than any Carlton, Richmond, or Hawthorn board; entering their board this week was similar to wearing fresh socks just out of the dryer and then entering the bathroom only to step on a small cold puddle of water that makes you uncomfortable all day. You know you shouldn't have gone into that bathroom, but you bloody did it anyway. There's a case of small club syndrome at play here, but maybe it's because they're so close in location to us. Maybe if they moved to Tassie like we all think they should, that would calm them down?

Go Dons.
Lol Norf.

339483_df86ff7253ef69e07a6c2910a51fd99b.jpg

ROUND 8, 2016
That weird match where we didn't kick a goal in the first half and then almost won - Etihad Stadium
Crowd - 30,321

ESSENDON BOMBERS 8.12 60
def.
NORF KANGAROOS 10.14 74

---------

ESSENDON BEST: Merrett, Goddard, Fantasia, Baguley, Cooney, Daniher
ESSENDON GOALS: Fantasia, Langford, Daniher 2, Redman, Cooney
ESSENDON INJURIES: Crowley (Thigh)

NORF BEST: Jacobs, Thompson, Tarrant, Gibson, Goldstein, Daw, Harvey
NORF GOALS: Petrie, Daw, Waite 2, Wood, Jacobs, Thomas, Brown
NORF INJURIES: Wood (Concussion)

---------

CHANGES SINCE THEN:

ESSENDON OUTS: Cooney, Bird, Dea, Crowley, Polkinghorne, Langford, Grima, Leuenberger, Ambrose, Brown, Redman
ESSENDON INS: McGrath, Gleeson, Hurley, Heppell, Hooker, Colyer, Stewart, Bellchambers, Watson, Laverde, Myers

NORF OUTS: Harvey, Dal Santo, Ziebell, Goldstein, McKenzie, MacMillan, Jacobs, Thomas, Wood, Petrie, Nahas
NORF INS: Neilson, Mountford, Dumont, Garner, Simpkin, Hrovat, Higgins, Zurhaar, Larkey, Durdin, Clarke

339484_3cb1371c622ba55143ade1a1ce801b47.jpg

MELBOURNE:

TV: FOXFooty (LIVE at 1.30pm AEST), FOXTEL Now (LIVE at 1.30pm AEST)
RADIO: Triple M, 3AW
MOBILE: AFL Live Official App with LIVE Pass (Unmetred on Telstra Mobile Network)

SYDNEY:
RADIO: -
MOBILE: AFL Live Official App with LIVE Pass (Unmetred on Telstra Mobile Network)

ADELAIDE:
TV: FOXFooty (LIVE at 1.00pm ACST), FOXTEL Now (LIVE at 1.00pm ACST)

PERTH:
TV: FOXFooty (LIVE at 11.00am AWST), FOXTEL Now (LIVE at 11.00am AWST)

BRISBANE:

TASMANIA:
RADIO: Triple M, NIRS

DARWIN:
TV:
FOXFooty (LIVE at 1.00pm ACST), FOXTEL Now (LIVE at 1.00pm ACST)
RADIO: NIRS

339487_03cc180639c020bebd1a6a9794d4c31c.jpg

The Bombers haven't won three games in a row for nearly three years. Three years ago, our most recent finals run ended at the hand of this mob. They're not going to play finals. They're not going to even get close. We need to put them to the sword.
It's almost like when you see a bug walking along the path, and you know you could just let it go and it's life will end soon anyway, but you step on it regardless.

End them, Dons.

Essendon by 62.

I was having a close look at the huddle the other week... noticed a strange dot on the sides of the jumpers. I felt compelled to investigate...

405513_b7cb224404990480daa6eae41a05af3f.jpg

I zoomed in a bit closer

405514_6540a46a7205179736c54d3d518d56f0.png

what the?

405515_dfcea2b178cc7ee3c691539c5d36f2c0.jpg

why would they even build this function into the team?

typical... get ready Freo

Dont know about others...too much good stuff to remember and old age is starting to get the better of my memory...but my best work haha

At least we are not Richmond....my mate left the game yesterday and saw a tigers membership nailed to a telephone post,,,so he took it. You never know when you will need a nail

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club is basically horribly run - you can build a good culture if there's something to believe in (PAFC serves as a neat example) - that they even put themselves in a position where Leppitsch wound up as coach is a farce. That they stuck with Voss for as long as they did is another. The writing was on the wall before the Vladspawn arrived.

While we're talking about farces:

• Suspended players not winning the Brownlow is really bad
  • Brisbane are s**t
  • Silvagni is playing 4-dimensional chess
  • Gubby Allen is playing 4-dimensional chess
  • It's Adrian Dodoro's world, we're just living in it. He's also playing 4-dimensional chess
  • Fremantle are s**t
  • Geelong are the retirement experts in ways that NMFC are not
  • Cochrane is playing 4-dimensional chess
  • "Rommel... you magnificent bastard, I read your book!"
  • Graham Wright is playing 4-dimensional chess
  • Hogan's loyalty is a dubious prospect
  • NMFC are playing Grape Escape
  • Jehovah's Witnesses are good presenters
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is an excellent franchise
  • Children, children. Future, future.
  • Nic Nat is a top bloke
  • Sometimes good players don't play as well as they used to