Rumour Busted The Buck's stops here (Buck's is off the bus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QLDbeachbabe

All Australian
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Whispers around AFL player circle's that Bucks is finally off the bus after coaching the last game of the year against Melbourne. I'm not sure if that's the final outcome myself as It's a hard one to gage.

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure finding a scapegoat is the solution. Sometimes you need to persist.

Any other coach who has taken his team backwards every year for 6 years would be out on his ear.

It's only because of how badly it would reflect on Eddie, that Bucks has stayed as long as he has (IMHO).

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Any other coach who has taken his team backwards every year for 6 years would be out on his ear.

It's only because of how badly it would reflect on Eddie, that Bucks has stayed as long as he has (IMHO).
Totally agree. If his name wasn't Nathan Buckley he'd have been out the door well and truly by now.

Good point. Eddiehead reminds me of a an addicted pokie player down on their luck...just one more spin will get me the jackpot = one more year and Bucks will coach us to a Premiership.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Comparison often made with Hardwick

But Hardwick showed serious ability in taking a terrible list to finals in 3? seasons

And just missing out on top 4 with a list that was not top 4 quality

stevo86

All Australian
Sep 10, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Comparison often made with Hardwick

But Hardwick showed serious ability in taking a terrible list to finals in 3? seasons

And just missing out on top 4 with a list that was not top 4 quality
Hardwick is also the longest serving coach in one stint in AFL history without winning a final? If I'm right? Heard that a couple years ago he was close, so he would have it by now.

Honestly as a passionate pies supporter and I grew up loving bucks right now I dont care what happens. I think we obviously had culture issues, also the sub rule destroyed our game plan when it got brought in so that caused an overhaul of the list.

My problem is thats fine sack him, BUT there better be someone good to replace him, or sorry better. Maybe he needs better people around him maybe not. Its *ing ridiculous there is that much attention on the coaching job at Collingwood but, surely most of Australia doesn't want us to improve. Some other clubs have had no success for decades.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
I reckon they keep him and clear out the assistants like Richmond last year.

I feel like there will be improvement regardless of who coaches the Pies in 2018.

Even this year has been an improvement over 2015 and 2016. The win-loss ratio will be what people judge on, but if people have actually watched and followed the Pies this year, they've been competitive in nearly every game, and have lost a lot of close ones. We haven't gotten pumped or looked miles off the pace.

Going into the season, I put us in the 9th-12th range this year, and depending on the weekend's results, we could still finish 12th. People will say seeing positives in a year like this is "embracing mediocrity", but the competitiveness is definitely there, and list is heading in the right direction IMO.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
I hope he stays on, easy points

It's hilarious seeing all these Melbourne supporters talk s**t.

How about you actually do something. Win a final or a premiership or stop being guilty of tanking or quit rebuilding for the millionth time. Do that and then you can look down on Collingwood.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Hardwick is also the longest serving coach in one stint in AFL history without winning a final? If I'm right? Heard that a couple years ago he was close, so he would have it by now.

Honestly as a passionate pies supporter and I grew up loving bucks right now I dont care what happens. I think we obviously had culture issues, also the sub rule destroyed our game plan when it got brought in so that caused an overhaul of the list.

My problem is thats fine sack him, BUT there better be someone good to replace him, or sorry better. Maybe he needs better people around him maybe not. Its ruddy ridiculous there is that much attention on the coaching job at Collingwood but, surely most of Australia doesn't want us to improve. Some other clubs have had no success for decades.

You're denying that Hardwick has achieved some success with an average list?

He's made finals more times than Nathan, and inheriting a basket case of a club, as opposed to a top of the table organisation.

But anyway, this delusion that some Pies supporters have that Buckley has been under ridiculous attention is the biggest myth in football.

If you want to be "the biggest club" in the land, don't bitch about it when the coach who's led his team from 2nd on the ladder to 13th cops reasonable scrutiny.

Plugger Mcnally

Cancelled
May 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

Removing Buckley would be massively damaging to an egotistical bloke like McGuire. I wonder if he'll chuck a tantrum? Gotta be odds on.

MagpieJo

Premium Platinum
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whispers around AFL player circle's that Bucks is finally off the bus after coaching the last game of the year against Melbourne. I'm not sure if that's the final outcome myself as It's a hard one to gage.
Hope your right, sick feeling in the gut that this is all just for show that the club is doing sonething.

donkeypunchd

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's hilarious seeing all these Melbourne supporters talk s**t.

How about you actually do something. Win a final or a premiership or stop being guilty of tanking or quit rebuilding for the millionth time. Do that and then you can look down on Collingwood.
I see, does this mean supporters of teams with less success should stop posting about Collingwood? Are you feeling triggered by all the criticism of Nathan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back