Autopsy The collective Media angst

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
I think it's absolutely hilarious the collective media angst towards us with the potential Dusty deal.

The pro Tugger media throng ie Caro and Wreck-em Ralphy have had 30 years of heartache and now they finally look like being half competitive the 'minnow' club named 'norf' could pull one of the greatest recruiting coups in history simply due to brilliant accounting and free agency timing.

The other major factor that's been lost in this 'Get ****ed norf' frenzy is the treatment of Dusty when he was shopped around a few years ago, then low balled on his next deal and then reportedly was ready to sign an extension but was told to wait while they lured Prestia and his mate Caddyshack on decent coin.

So why the collective hate towards us and what is your favourite piece of recent 'journalism' and their reasons why DM shouldn't join the might of the Royal Blue & White?

I'm going to absolutely love the collective whinging if we pull off the unthinkable x 2 deals. Bunch of filthy hypocrites. They want us to just shut up and accept the scraps from the big boys table. It is going to eat them up and they can all go EAD for all I care.

North Melbourne. F*** the rest.

Why do we piss off so many ppl

It can't be the remnants of our 90s era where we bashed so many clubs under the arrogance of the Duck.

So many ppl want to bring us down.
Personally I love it cos we always stick it up the mongrels.

Don't ever change North Melbourne.

Another old quote :

IF the world were consumed by a nuclear holocaust tomorrow, the North Melbourne Football Club and cockroaches would be the only two things left scurrying round the earth.

Kangaroos - the hardest team to kill in the AFL.

Chip Le Grand
The Australian
August 08, 2005

I'm starting to get a Trump feeling about this.

I don't read/watch mainstream media (MSM) so was in no way surprised that Trump won the election last year. If you listened to MSM it was as if he had no chance whatsoever, and when he did win millions were in a state of shock and it was followed by ridiculous unsubstantiated claims that the "Russians hacked the elections". Scott Adams of Dilbert fame recently wrote a great piece on mass hysteria:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/164297628606/how-to-know-youre-in-a-mass-hysteria-bubble

I'm not emotionally invested with any player movements in the off-season, but reading the manic, panic, and illogical words of so-called journalists at the prospect of Martin leaving Richmond, it seems they have created their own mass hysteria. There are very few level-headed individuals commenting on this in the media.

If Martin chooses the $$$ then the reactions will be truly epic. The only thing that would top it is if we get both Martin and Kelly. It will be the AFL equivalent of a Trump victory meltdown.

I'm starting to get a Trump feeling about this.

I don't read/watch mainstream media (MSM) so was in no way surprised that Trump won the election last year. If you listened to MSM it was as if he had no chance whatsoever, and when he did win millions were in a state of shock and it was followed by ridiculous unsubstantiated claims that the "Russians hacked the elections". Scott Adams of Dilbert fame recently wrote a great piece on mass hysteria:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/164297628606/how-to-know-youre-in-a-mass-hysteria-bubble

I'm not emotionally invested with any player movements in the off-season, but reading the manic, panic, and illogical words of so-called journalists at the prospect of Martin leaving Richmond, it seems they have created their own mass hysteria. There are very few level-headed individuals commenting on this in the media.

If Martin chooses the $$$ then the reactions will be truly epic. The only thing that would top it is if we get both Martin and Kelly. It will be the AFL equivalent of a Trump victory meltdown.
You could be right, you could be wrong. That's what I got from the above blog. I, honestly, couldn't care less about anything anybody thinks except I'd be happy if Dusty does end up with us. If I was a Richmond supporter, I'd be happy if Dusty stayed with Richmond. Caro is a Richmond supporter... On the other hand, in a sign that pigs might indeed fly, there was another really sound column in The Age about North today. And Caro was one half of the reporting duo.

Why do we piss off so many ppl

It can't be the remnants of our 90s era where we bashed so many clubs under the arrogance of the Duck.

So many ppl want to bring us down.
Personally I love it cos we always stick it up the mongrels.

Don't ever change North Melbourne.

Having been on this planet for 49 years and one week, for the amount of times I have had to defend "we bought ourselves a Premiership Era back in 1975 onwards", to me is where the hate begins.

Prior to that we were the laughing stock, and where we should have stayed.

But a group of men dreamed big in the early 70's and here we are today, still alive and kicking, having despite since 1975, everyone else against us....

Last edited:
Having been on this planet for 49 years and one week, for the amount of times I have had to defend "we bought ourselves a Premiership Era back in 1975 onwards", to me is where the hate begins.

But a group of men dreamed big in the early 70's and here we are today, still alive and kicking, despite since 1975, everyone else against us....
Happy Birthday for last week :-D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's absolutely hilarious the collective media angst towards us with the potential Dusty deal.

The pro Tugger media throng ie Caro and Wreck-em Ralphy have had 30 years of heartache and now they finally look like being half competitive the 'minnow' club named 'norf' could pull one of the greatest recruiting coups in history simply due to brilliant accounting and free agency timing.

Thanks. I saw pro, tugger, throng and Caro together and thought of Caro wearing a thong on a corner of StKilda...well the other words would be too XXX for the forum.

Not sure I can sleep tonight.

Another old quote :

IF the world were consumed by a nuclear holocaust tomorrow, the North Melbourne Football Club and cockroaches would be the only two things left scurrying round the earth.

Kangaroos - the hardest team to kill in the AFL.

Chip Le Grand
The Australian
August 08, 2005

I actually heard Mark Fine use this quote in reference to the Western Bulldogs one day. :mad: I can't recall when it was now but it was probably following one of their 'brave' wins last year.

Luring Boyd with a trillion pesos was brave.

Throwing so much money at Mitch Clark's plane that it detoured from WA to Vic was creative.

Mocking up a bullshit ambassador role for you know who at a recycling company was thinking outside the (cardboard) box.

Backing up a dumptruck of money on Tony Lockett's lawn was ambitious.

Creating an unprecdented 10 year deal on then megabucks for Alistair Lynch showed savvy.

I don't recall uproar at any of the above.

I guess it boils down to ... Fear of a Blue and White Planet.

lets think- our great club has been ahead of the curb for a long time

10 year rule
friday night football
elehants pre game entertainment
playing home games interstate
greg millers deal of the century for cary and longmire

and now we have planned a trade raid that has others crying

Thanks. I saw pro, tugger, throng and Caro together and thought of Caro wearing a thong on a corner of StKilda...well the other words would be too XXX for the forum.

Not sure I can sleep tonight.

Not sure any of us ever will again after that.

I actually heard Mark Fine use this quote in reference to the Western Bulldogs one day. :mad: I can't recall when it was now but it was probably following one of their 'brave' wins last year.

That would be so typical wouldn't it.

Its like gravity - a universal rule. It would have been against the laws of physics for some Doggies flog not to use it.

But a group of men dreamed big in the early 70's and here we are today, still alive and kicking, having despite since 1975, everyone else against us....
This, this and this.

Now this is not a political statement and do not want to enter into a s**t fight but it is a bit like this analogy:

People marvel at the skills of the indigenous players over the years, and if they played against you and copped the abuse then all was sweet.

But should a Nicky Winmar or Adam Goodes stand up for themselves they are the worst thing walking the planet.

People try to drag down those they fear, otherwise they treat you with mild contempt.

Me? I would rather we are attacked than treated with the disdain that Melbourne are every day of the week, and twice on gameday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back