News All Hail our new Emperor - Mark Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on, I thought people on here wanted senior appointments to be conducted through a transparent and competitive process. Whilst not doubting his credentials, isn't this another Captains pick?

Hang on, I thought people on here wanted senior appointments to be conducted through a transparent and competitive process. Whilst not doubting his credentials, isn't this another Captains pick?

I'm all for it! As long as we conduct a complete interview process and he comes out as the best candidate.

I do. Although I reckon Lethlean lacks imagination. I'd love to see a few candidates from outside the AFL and outside the country.

There's already rumours of others being considered, this being the third name I've heard.
Potentially the interviews have started.

Sounds like a very good operator, having an affair doesn't make him a poor CEO.

True Story: Many many years ago I worked for the Senior Banker's division of a Merchant Bank. The secretaries in that division got to see a lot of things - how much people were getting paid, when bankers were travelling on business trips whether they were travelling with their wives or their mistresses, and whether they were sleeping in the same bed or had requested separate beds, or who was taking afternoons off to meet with whom in what room number at what hotel, etc, etc. The secretaries had a pretty good idea about the sex lives of the Senior Bankers. One day I was hanging out with the secretaries and they pointed out - with the same certainty that night follows day - that there was a direct correlation between the highest performing bankers and those who had high sex drive.

I don't agree with his decision to have an affair but it's not illegal and it's a free world.
He was spoken about very highly and made some significant achievements at the AFL. Surely having someone of his calibre at the club is a huge coup and also having someone with intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the AFL Headquarters is a significant advantage.

If I put on my tin foil hat ...

... maybe the true purpose of the Chris Thomas 'review' is to find a replacement CEO? Bringing in an executive recruiter to review board composition seems a bit odd doesn't it? Bringing them in to find a new CEO sounds a lot more feasible? Maybe the club has known all along that Gary Pert will be leaving? That's not too far fetched with rumours about him applying for jobs over the last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best available should be the only requirement. Bloke had an affair, it happens and he was crucified by the PC crew. I suspect we won't take him as a result as Eddie loves to pander to that demographic.

The female involved got to keep their job despite bedding someone she knew was married, she was also in a relationship.

Apparently affairs are only the males fault And only they suffer the consequences.

Zero issues with him if he does get the gig.

We embrace people who have made an error and in turn lost their jobs. If Gubby Allan is coming back into the fold, there's no reason to not go for Lethlean...he would know what Gil is planning with all his knowledge we would be improving as a club. If the review is to make us great on the field we must appoint the best people in administration roles.

The bloke is a great operator and could have our club back where it should be, I can't agree with the controversial stuff, it really is a nothing story.
Maybe controversial is a bit strong. But not for Caro. She'll be all over it like a rash.

True Story: Many many years ago I worked for the Senior Banker's division of a Merchant Bank. The secretaries in that division got to see a lot of things - how much people were getting paid, when bankers were travelling on business trips whether they were travelling with their wives or their mistresses, and whether they were sleeping in the same bed or had requested separate beds, or who was taking afternoons off to meet with whom in what room number at what hotel, etc, etc. The secretaries had a pretty good idea about the sex lives of the Senior Bankers. One day I was hanging out with the secretaries and they pointed out - with the same certainty that night follows day - that there was a direct correlation between the highest performing bankers and those who had high sex drive.

Lethlean.
I'm not doubting his ability.
Let's just hope that the decision is a measured one and not just another Trump like reactionary captains pick.
We've become too politically correct. He's not the first and certainly won't be the last to trip up. As long as he doesn't start boning Collingwood players wives we should be fine.

Maybe controversial is a bit strong. But not for Caro. She'll be all over it like a rash.

I don't see why Caro would be all over it, although the media coverage of Lethlean's affair was a beat-up from what I can tell. If he is the best available and has undergone a rigorous interview process, then I'm all for his appointment.

Without knowing who else is in the running, Lethlean appears a stand out candidate in isolation. Can work with the AFL, and more than enough confidence not to be a yes man to Ed, etc.

Whilst not directly relevant, his amateur career included playing in 5 and coaching 2 A grade premierships. Better than Bevo's record so maybe he could mentor Bucks too?

Hopefully someone from France. A good businessman but stays the * out weekly football decisions.

Studies have also shown that psychopaths, sociopaths and people with personality disorders also have much higher and often extreme sex drives compared with a 'normal' sample group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back