Combat Sports - Unpopular Opinions (Hot takes)

Tbh I hate the whole turn and hug the crew stuff just before the ref check
Do that s**t out the back
Walk down get checked get in and fight
Agreed.

I know its a sponsor thing, but * fighters that come out dressed in 20 layers of clothing. Its not as bad now with Rebok, but man there was some fighters who wore 4 full sets of clothing just to get their sponsors seen. I don't wanna watch you take clothes off, I wanna see you fight.

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Can I ask your logic on this one?
I feel like Barao would have stuffed takedowns and outstruck him. Cruz's wrestling has always been great but Barao back then had some of the best takedown defence in MMA. I think Cruz before the injuries wasn't that great a striker (another hot take I think). There was a lot of movement that didn't achieve a whole lot offensively imo. Prior to Cruz's long absence he got outstruck by DJ and had a tougher time on the feet with Faber than you'd want. MMA maths and all, but Barao had a lot less trouble winning a comfortable decision over Faber than Cruz did.

The Cruz that fought Dillashaw would have beat any version of Barao. I think Cruz really improved his striking from a technical perspective. He had a lot less unnecessary movement when he came back (no doubt in part because of all his lower body injuries). I think his striking was better on offence and defence. His first win over Faber he got in some trouble because he was moving so much.

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
no need to hammer fist a fighter in the face when they are clearly knocked out cold on the ground!

I understand there's not to much you can do to stop it as you gotta go till the ref steps in! I just respect the Hunt walk off!
Yeah that's something that's not great to see but there's not much you can do about it. Always good to see fighters realise that their opponent is done and hold off on that additional strike or two. Hunt's the king of it, but Machida and Stann are a couple of others who have held off on landing unnecessary shots.

I doubt there's much more to what Hunt does than him just thinking the fight's over. However, it could put pressure on the ref to stop the fight if it's borderline whether the fight should be stopped or not.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
They're all on PEDs some lower level than others but 95% of guys in the UFC are doing something that's banned

I thought this would have been a popular opinion to be honest. * I would too if I was fighting in a cage ha ha

I actually think Jon Jones might have problems with Brock if they ever fight, Jones could be giving away 60 pounds on fight night, that's no joke.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
GSP is the GOAT. Best resume in the sport and... Has not popped for the juice like Jones and Silva.

**before anyone says "GSP never tested under USADA yet... Roids". You probably haven't been a fan long enough to remember GSP is a big part of the stricter testing. He was a huge name and actively called for stricter, random drug testing.

GSP is the GOAT. Best resume in the sport and... Has not popped for the juice like Jones and Silva.

**before anyone says "GSP never tested under USADA yet... Roids". You probably haven't been a fan long enough to remember GSP is a big part of the stricter testing. He was a huge name and actively called for stricter, random drug testing.
I doubt he will piss hot, but being willing to say he categorically didn't use, is pretty naive.

I can't find the the articles atm, but he was linked to the same Ped clinic in Miami that led to Alex Rodriguez getting busted.

Didn't get investigated at the time, and it was really only techniqually an unsubstantiated rumour, but there is a little doubt around him. Also Vaseline gate.

But if he doesn't piss hot, I'm more than willing to let him have that title. Especially if he beats Bisping.

Based off...?
The only argument is he couldn't possibly be that ******* dumb, to test clean throughout camp and take something before the test he knew was coming.

A few media guys seem to think the possible tainted supplement explanation is a realistic outcome.

The only argument is he couldn't possibly be that ******* dumb, to test clean throughout camp and take something before the test he knew was coming.

A few media guys seem to think the possible tainted supplement explanation is a realistic outcome.
Whilst correct it doesn't mean the opinion can't be questioned.
Pretty much the above.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

I still think that GSP must have been juicing but anyway, I wouldn't argue with anyone who said he was the GOAT, fought a lot of great guys and barely dropped a round.

Mighty mouse would be up there as would Cruz imo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back