List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep hearing people saying young Nick Daicos is one of the best kids of his age in Victoria

If so why is he not in the under 15 state schoolboys team in Perth currently or the under 16 state team that played a few weeks ago?

I keep hearing people saying young Nick Daicos is one of the best kids of his age in Victoria

If so why is he not in the under 15 state schoolboys team in Perth currently or the under 16 state team that played a few weeks ago?
Probably because he's only 13?

He's too elusive for even a team sheet.

In those days, they would take you off life support & wheel you out onto the ground.
ACL was "a crook knee"
Hamstring was "a bit sore, it'll be right once I warm up"
Dislocated Shoulder was "next big tackle, it'll pop back in"
Broken Leg was "I've still got the other one"
Concussion was "a bit punch drunk or white line fever, it's payback time"
General Soreness was "unheard of"
Hangovers were compulsory.

He's a 13 year old playing up a grade.

COLLINGWOOD fans can start dreaming of a forward line with two Daicos boys with Peter’s youngest son Nick excelling in junior ranks.

With Josh Daicos closing in on a famous AFL debut in his first season at the Magpies, Nick is fresh from a bag of 12 goals playing above his age group.

Daicos Sr left Josh’s VFL game on Sunday for Nick’s under-15 clash and was on hand at the Balwyn North oval as the lightly-built youngster dominated.

Nick’s 12 majors came from about 22 disposals as Kew Rovers thumped Boroondara Hawks in the first division of the Yarra Junior Football League.

On Peter’s request, Nick Daicos spent pre-season at Oakleigh Chargers despite not being eligible for the TAC Cup club until after this season.

“I certainly know a lot about him and know there’s quite a bit of ability there,” Chargers talent manager Craig Notman said.

“The guys in the 15s program have been really excited by what they’ve seen of him.

He’s literally 13 at the moment. Generally we don’t have the kids come in until their proper year, but dad approached us and … we were more than happy to accommodate it.”

Notman said “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree” with both the boys.

“There’s a lot of time between now and when he becomes available in a draft capacity, so he’ll certainly grow up and we’re looking forward to having him involved over the next four years.”

Kew coaching director Tony Free was runner on Sunday and said he was constantly sprinting on the field to give Daicos a pat on the back.

“He played deep forward all day because it was working so well,” Free said.

“Nick’s a very talented and flexible player. He was a strong midfield contributor in the first two rounds.

“He can mark in his own right, but predominantly kicks them using his body and reading the ball better than his opponent.

“He was kicking them from all parts — snap shots or really nice set-shots, he did it all. He’s a right-footer, but he’s confident on both.”

Free said Daicos was eligible for under-14s but “more than capable” at the higher grade.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/f3fb67666ead9084b08fde63b57f7c17

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks would still play Blair over Nick when his ready to play AFL in 5 years time.
Does this one come from an inside source or just pure sodium?

1979 Night Premiership?
Got me on a technicality - well played!

Barham didn't play!! He was missing from the senior team (presumably injured) between rounds 10 & 21 that year. The game was played on 3 July (after rd. 13):- http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/R/Ricky_Barham.html

He's not named in the team in the Grand Final Football Record. Also:- Tonight's winner receives $68,000 from the series and the runners-up, $47,000.

Attachments

• 1979 NS GF page 4.pdf
    597.7 KB · Views: 14
Barham didn't play!! He was missing from the senior team (presumably injured) between rounds 10 & 21 that year. The game was played on 3 July (after rd. 13):- http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/R/Ricky_Barham.html

He's not named in the team in the Grand Final Football Record. Also:- Tonight's winner receives $68,000 from the series and the runners-up, $47,000.
Thanks 35D.
I couldn't find anything that named the team and thought I saw him in the video.
Upon closer inspection it's Bill Valli.:oops:
Hmm - how do you like them apples MyManLynch ?

Not sure but Josh didnt even try play rep footy till his draft year stuck purely to school footy.
Maybe nick is injured or opted out due to all the hype surrounding him already.
This says he's played 9 games for Kew Rovers Under 15 team this season (though he recently went for a few weeks without playing), with his most recent game on 23 July. I'm not sure of how complete it is, however, as it suggests he hasn't kicked a goal in his last 5 games, which seems a bit unlikely.

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&client=1-3817-57873-443973-25984487&pID=199698520&pname=Nicholas Daicos&news_task=DETAIL

Last edited:
Marcellin defeated Ivanhoe to win the GF yesterday and go undefeated through the season.

Tyler Brown played in the game.

Very even performance........my nephew did me proud apparently.

From FoxSport website

ANOTHER father-son might be bound for Collingwood with the youngest son of a Magpies great impressing in the junior ranks.

Nick Daicos, the 14-year-old son of Peter Daicos, was named the Yarra Junior Football League’s Under 15 best and fairest on Tuesday night, completing a dream week for the Daicos family after Josh made his Collingwood debut on Saturday against Geelong.

Nick, playing for Kew Rovers, was still eligible for the Under 14s competition this year but played above his age group, polling 26 votes from 13 games.

Sent from my warped mind

From FoxSport website

ANOTHER father-son might be bound for Collingwood with the youngest son of a Magpies great impressing in the junior ranks.

Nick Daicos, the 14-year-old son of Peter Daicos, was named the Yarra Junior Football League’s Under 15 best and fairest on Tuesday night, completing a dream week for the Daicos family after Josh made his Collingwood debut on Saturday against Geelong.

Nick, playing for Kew Rovers, was still eligible for the Under 14s competition this year but played above his age group, polling 26 votes from 13 games.

Sent from my warped mind
Dunno who wrote that article but im pretty sure Nick is still 13. His birthday is in January.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back