List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

This has GOT to be positive :)

My hope is we land Edwards with a mid/late draft pick,. and throw McLeod a rookie spot...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...l/news-story/4f9522cfe1fd10ed4cf7115a7ff3bdb6

JACKSON EDWARDS ADELAIDE — SON OF TYSON

SANFL Club: Glenelg

Position: Midfielder/half-back/wing

“He is a really motivated young fella who doesn’t leave any stone unturned. His footy itself has been doing the talking. His carnival was really good. He is going to be a real chance to play some league footy with us over the next couple of weeks which is a credit to him. His ball-winning ability and use of it has been outstanding.” - Glenelg talent manager Brenton Hole.

CONNOR MCLEOD ADELAIDE — SON OF ANDREW

SANFL Club: Woodville-West Torrens

Position: Half-back

“He was injured across April with a broken ankle. He has probably been playing (school football) for a month or so and the last couple of weeks with us. He certainly played his best game for the club on the weekend. He is gaining some confidence and fitness as the season unfolds. He plays across half-back. He reads the football really well. He has good evasiveness and awareness.” - Woodville-West Torrens development manager Darren Hams.

Does anyone know much about Zac Hart? I've heard his name popping up a bit lately, and is apparently eligible to be drafted this year. I read an article on Facebook on the weekend about which clubs are likely to pick up father/son players, and it listed us as a certainty to pick up Zac, but didn't list Jackson Edwards at all.

Could be wrong but I think I read Zac Hart was eligible next year. Jackson's this year and his brother Luke I think is 2019, so we could have father-son picks four years in a row.

Does anyone know much about Zac Hart? I've heard his name popping up a bit lately, and is apparently eligible to be drafted this year. I read an article on Facebook on the weekend about which clubs are likely to pick up father/son players, and it listed us as a certainty to pick up Zac, but didn't list Jackson Edwards at all.
I'd take those eligibility years with a grain of salt. Treat them as +/- one year either side.

The AFL changed the draft eligibility date in 2009, moving it from 1st October to 1st January. Anyone born in October, November, or December were thus moved back one draft. I haven't gone back and updated the OP to reflect the changed draft rules. Too lazy.

Kids born from 2010 onwards should have correct draft years.

Read that article too, pretty sure it said he was eligible next year. But still interested in how he is tracking if anyone knows?

No hype means not that great.

Zac Hart is definitely next year (2018). "The List Manager" on the Future Stars Facebook page had mentioned him as one of 6 potential father/sons along with Joel Crocker (son of Darren), Daniel Bradshaw's son, Dustin Fletcher's son, Billy Brownless' son, and yet another Silvagni. Don't know anything about Zac though.

Luke Edwards is 2019 as he's in yr 10. Absolute gun who plays in the same team as my work-partner's son. So will be keeping an eye on him over the next 12-18 months and report back on his progress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Edwards - A standout in our Premiership winning side saw Luke win the Under 16 Best & Fairest title on Friday night. The classy midfielder went on to play 3 games for our Under 18 side at the age of 15. We congratulate Luke on a fantastic season and will track his progress through our Junior programme.

75 votes

Second place got 44

Kids gonna be a star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back