Multiplat F1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
New F1 game due out on the 26th August for those that care. F1 2016 was probably one of the best games in the series history, and I still find myself playing career mode from time to time.

It doesn't seem like the new version is going to be drastically different from last years edition, but there are a few editions

Historic Cars
They are adding 12 different classic F1 cars into the game, so far announced has been
- 2010 Red Bull RB6
- 1992 Williams FW14
- 2002 Ferrari F2002
- 1988 McLaren MP4

Extra Track Variety
They are adding 4 shortened versions of tracks that can be used in various race modes. So far shortened versions of Bahrain and USA have been confirmed, and I'd say Silverstone is also likely.

Extra Career involvement
They have supposedly made some changes to the interaction interface of career mode. You basically go to different parts of the paddock to do different activities (R&D, Contract etc..). Also they are building a scenario mode into career mode, so in between races you can compete in race challenges with the classic cars which will give you R&D points (this mode is also available standard in game). Supposedly the R&D is a bit more refined as well

Only two things I would like to see in this game that would make it complete
1. Include support series in career mode (GP2 etc..) if licensing can be done (might change with Liberty Media)
2. VR Compatibility (which it hasn't yet confirmed or denied, but it seems unlikely)

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Have been enjoying playing 2016 version. The Graphics are awesome (the wet weather graphics are probably the best I've seen in a driving game) each circuit looks so realistic, The driving is fun and while the career mode is enjoyable it is basic and there isn't much other then to complete the three practice session programs (one the tire ware program I've pretty much given up on because it's titious) in order to get points to upgrades and improve on your car.

I would like a more advance career mode as whats been stated. would be nice to also include press conferences and meetings with your team boss and engineers instead of just your agent. Especially if you did something wrong or crashed out, would be good to face up and explain yourself to your team.

Another thing I would like Codemasters to add is the ability to go back and see the results on past races. Currently all you get is the position you finished in a race in the trophy section, would be good to go back and see times, who won the race, the order the other drivers finish, incidents that happened etc.. just to get a perspective on the season.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Have been enjoying playing 2016 version. The Graphics are awesome (the wet weather graphics are probably the best I've seen in a driving game) each circuit looks so realistic, The driving is fun and while the career mode is enjoyable it is basic and there isn't much other then to complete the three practice session programs (one the tire ware program I've pretty much given up on because it's titious) in order to get points to upgrades and improve on your car.

I would like a more advance career mode as whats been stated. would be nice to also include press conferences and meetings with your team boss and engineers instead of just your agent. Especially if you did something wrong or crashed out, would be good to face up and explain yourself to your team.

Another thing I would like Codemasters to add is the ability to go back and see the results on past races. Currently all you get is the position you finished in a race in the trophy section, would be good to go back and see times, who won the race, the order the other drivers finish, incidents that happened etc.. just to get a perspective on the season.

In my career mode I actually tied with Hamilton at the end of the season and won on count back wins but I couldn't see how many Lewis had won which was frustrating

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
In my career mode I actually tied with Hamilton at the end of the season and won on count back wins but I couldn't see how many Lewis had won which was frustrating

yeah I can imagine, they could have at least let you go back and view who won each race.
It would be nice like when you go in to the trophy screen you can click on a race and it would bring up the race classification as well as the race directors report. Probably asking to much but other F1 games in the past have done it.

oh.. and also suggested gears on manual play in cockpit view would been nice too.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
verdict? is it any good? how does it compare to 2016?

Enjoying it. Cars feel different to 2016, there is definitely more grip on them. Career mode has a few new bells and whistles. The R&D side has a whole bunch of stuff you can do now and, after doing the Australian GP, I got an offer to drive in some invitational thing in an old Williams to try and overtake 9 cars in 4 minutes. Got the last one with 2 seconds left, was a blast!

Having the classic cars to mess about in gives it a bit of much needed variety.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Enjoying it. Cars feel different to 2016, there is definitely more grip on them. Career mode has a few new bells and whistles. The R&D side has a whole bunch of stuff you can do now and, after doing the Australian GP, I got an offer to drive in some invitational thing in an old Williams to try and overtake 9 cars in 4 minutes. Got the last one with 2 seconds left, was a blast!

Having the classic cars to mess about in gives it a bit of much needed variety.

Sounds good.

Can you go back and view previous race results in career mode?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macca81

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2012
Maylands
AFL Club
West Coast
will have to get this and dust off the old steering wheel setup!

This looks awesome for career mode: http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/f1-2017

"It’s a truly excellent new feature, giving the option to tinker and strategise every race beyond the need to try and drive as fast as you can. Are you willing to take a gearbox with 45% wear into a race, risking a sudden fault and losing a gear mid-race, or switch to a brand-new component and suffer the grid penalty?"

Hopefully the game also simulates Verstappen having a mechanical failure every 2nd race :)

Last edited:

Macca81

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2012
Maylands
AFL Club
West Coast
For the unfamilar - eau rouge is a corner on a race track ;)

Was fun racing. Gonna take a while to get used to the lower assists!

Macca81

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2012
Maylands
AFL Club
West Coast
so Im playing project cars 2 and need a steering wheel. Gonna get the logitech G29. One deal has F1 2017 in it for an extra $40. Worth getting?
Cant say ive played project cars 2. It might have a Formula 1 series in the game? picko might know?

As for Formula 1 2017, im really enjoying it. The new research and development tree makes the career mode that little bit more interesting, as does the reputation levels for the different teams as you completely qualifying and races.

Just as a side note: My Thrustmaster t300RS steering wheel bit the dust last thursday night and started going crazy:

I did some research and the problem is not something you can fix yourself. I rushed to find my receipt from JB hi-fi and saw that the 1 year warranty had expired 2 weeks earlier :( Packed the whole lot up including pedals (after giving everything a wipe down) and took the set back to the store hoping for the best. Young bloke behind the counter notices im out of warranty but calls his boss over. Said normally they would send it off for repairs and id be without it for a few weeks, but since I was so close to the warranty he gave me a brand new set to replace it. Very happy!

Now i have a new t300 RS steering wheel to go along with my brand new T3PA-pro pedals that just arrived. Have installed the conical brake mod and im driving like Ricciardo :)

If anyone wants an online race, add me - Vegemietian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back