briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Just remember, unless the girls nominate that they are happy to move interstate, we have no competition in the draft and get which ever girls we want.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Eight Lions (and one former) have been named across both teams for the Victoria v Allies clash later this year - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-25/big-names-locked-in-for-aflw-state-of-origin

Ashmore will play for Vic while Sabrina Frederick-Traub, Emily Bates, Emma Zielke, Jess Wuetschner, Kate McCarthy, Leah Kaslar & Sam Virgo will play for the Allies.

We have the highest representation of all AFLW teams.

fanackapan

All Australian
Aug 4, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think those squads are just the AFLW All-Australian squads divided up by states of origin. I'd be surprised if Brennan isn't picked for the allies, for example.

L Dizz

Team Captain
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Also nice to see Wuetschner among the goals (5) and best (along with Zielke & Anderson) for Coorparoo.

Surprising to see Coolangatta so well beaten by Wilston-Grange.
Cooly have a number of injuries and Wilston have really improved as the year's gone on, but I agree the margin was surprising. I'm not sure who was named in the bests, but McCarthy was Yeronga's best by a mile on the weekend IMO. Very damaging when she got it.

L Dizz

Team Captain
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeronga got the win over Coorparoo after trailing at every break. Bates was a clear BOG and got the medal to prove it, Zielke probably Coorparoo's best. In not so good news, Sam Virgo (who was probably Yeronga's second best) was stretched off in a lot of pain with a knee injury late in the game. Fingers crossed it's not too bad

Yeronga got the win over Coorparoo after trailing at every break. Bates was a clear BOG and got the medal to prove it, Zielke probably Coorparoo's best. In not so good news, Sam Virgo (who was probably Yeronga's second best) was stretched off in a lot of pain with a knee injury late in the game. Fingers crossed it's not too bad
Game was streamed and can be watched on YouTube.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
All the Lions amongst the best. Quietest probably Deegan and Ransfield. Ally Anderson was huge, and from what I saw, has taken her game up a notch. Of the non listed players, really liked Cowan, and Zanchetta looks like selecting her will be an easy decision. Good thing for Qld footy was it looked like there were a few in just this game that do not look far of AFLW standard.

L Dizz

Team Captain
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All the Lions amongst the best. Quietest probably Deegan and Ransfield. Ally Anderson was huge, and from what I saw, has taken her game up a notch. Of the non listed players, really liked Cowan, and Zanchetta looks like selecting her will be an easy decision. Good thing for Qld footy was it looked like there were a few in just this game that do not look far of AFLW standard.
Ally Anderson has played like that all year, massive work rate.

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Age is reporting that North Melbourne's bid for an AFLW licence in Tasmania will be successful.

Our Tasmanian Jess Wuetschner will surely be a target for the team when it enters the comp in 2019
I think the AFL are just going to screw this comp up. Speaking as a fan of the AFLW the standard was poor and I feel if they expand the playing talent will just get further diluted. I honestly don't see anything good to come from this. It's been one year let's see the interest in another 2 years before making promises of expansion.

Back