News Rumoured new Collingwood logo for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if they're getting new jumpers, but Collingwood will have a new logo for next year
That looks great, hope you don't live up to your username.

I don't mind that new Collingwood logo. Just a cleaner, modernised version of their old logo really. Ditching the flags is a winner - they were unnecessary clutter. I wonder though whether it was always planned to implement this for next year or if they just liked the 125 logo so much they decided to base their proper logo around it.

Not surprised by this as Collingwood members were asked their opinion of the 125th logo and the current logo in a survey earlier this year. I figured they were going to change to some modification of the 125th logo...

That looks tremendous. I assumed we were going to go back to the normal logo after this season, but yeah, I don't mind this one at all.

Curious to see if our guernsey design is going to get a revamp of sorts next season.

I like the idea but does the execution look a little...off to anyone else?
Something about it. Maybe a graphic designer can have a word about why there's something slightly off about it. The wreath maybe? The rounded edges of the outline versus the pointed edges of the wreath. The width of the white outlines is also inconsistent.

Otherwise good. Probably unpopular opinion but I think the Collingwood logo is pretty good flags and all. One of the best and most recognisable in Australian sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something about it. Maybe a graphic designer can have a word about why there's something slightly off about it. The wreath maybe? The rounded edges of the outline versus the pointed edges of the wreath. The width of the white outlines is also inconsistent.

Yeah.

The outlines are really bad, like it's just a photoshop stroke surely. The linework in general for the magpie isn't good.

I'd hope if a club as big as Collingwood was going to change a logo they'd used for 25 years, it would be a bit more impressive than a remixed, poorly executed anniversary logo.

Magpie on shield on wreath is a reasonable enough brief but this isn't great

Yeah.

The outlines are really bad, like it's just a photoshop stroke surely. The linework in general for the magpie isn't good.

I'd hope if a club as big as Collingwood was going to change a logo they'd used for 25 years, it would be a bit more impressive than a remixed, poorly executed anniversary logo.

I like the shield with the wreaths but it just looks out of place with the magpie. Maybe its time to make a more modernized version of the magpie.

I think magpienato has hit the nail on the head here. It doesn't look right, because it's two new elements- the shield and the odd ANZAC Rising Sun-esque wreath mixed with a quite old element- the bird. It's been copy-pasted into the design without alterations, something it probably would benefit from significantly.

Yeah.

Tbf their current logo is a rehashed 100th anniversary logo.
BB_098_260-500x500.jpg

Photoshop for a vector logo?

I do all my vector logos in photoshop ;)

I'm not sure how else to describe it. Look at the right end of the tail. The black comes to a point and the white curves around it. That was probably okay in 1993 when the Magpie was first drawn. It just looks cheap now.

I do all my vector logos in photoshop ;)

I'm not sure how else to describe it. Look at the right end of the tail. The black comes to a point and the white curves around it. That was probably okay in 1993 when the Magpie was first drawn. It just looks cheap now.
Yeah, all the corner outlines are curved, not necessarily a bad thing. Depends what you're going for. The Magpie in general could use a tidy up but the club just might think it's safer not to mess with it.

Most of the time you won't notice these details at the size/distance you usually see it at.

In general I'd say it's a good update.

It looks like the sort of thing that wins an online competition for 'design Collingwood's 2018 logo' amongst people who are not professional designers.

You mean this forum? :p

I tend to agree with Mero. It looks like a really good LogoOTW entry.

LogoOTW actually did Collingwood as it's last round when it finished up 3+ years ago. If I hold on to my lead i'll be putting up an AFL logo, and this thread has made me want to do Collingwood again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back