Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
He simply cant go to Sydney playing like this.
Would be a massive liability in a final where skills under pressure will be the difference.
He is currently completely inept and incapable at picking the ball up, i cant think of someone who is so out of form..
This is actually a pretty good point....given he made the ball look like a cake of soap against Freo, how will he go with Luke Parker or Isaac Heeney terrorising him. I suspect the answer is "not well."

At his best, Trav had reasonably clean hands but he's a long way off that right now.

Killer_Mike

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2017
Ghetto Extraordinary
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal,Knicks,Victory
I might be going against the grain here but I think he definitely offers something around the packs. He's always on the move and that usually means he drags at least one opponent with him if not more.

When Freo started to get on top around the stoppages it was because we were becoming stagnant and I think Colyer at least got us rolling again.

He obviously needs to improve his disposal but he has done that before and I expect he will clean that up again over summer.

I think he head a good game yesterday and his disposal was pretty good. Still fumbly but if he can tidy that up then he will go alright in a couple of weeks.

Am I the only one who saw him cleanly take a ground ball yesterday? It looked so magical I rewatched it a few times.

On the whole he was much better but still needs a double hand transplant.

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Am I the only one who saw him cleanly take a ground ball yesterday? It looked so magical I rewatched it a few times.

On the whole he was much better but still needs a double hand transplant.
I need you to tell me what quarter this was in and I'll watch it. Otherwise I simply do not believe you. :thumbsu:

scanlon

Club Legend
Oct 27, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Stays in the side because of his ability to create, but his fumbling and poor kicking/decision making is a serious liability

I need you to tell me what quarter this was in and I'll watch it. Otherwise I simply do not believe you. :thumbsu:

Was watching the replay after the mightiest of night shifts so I wasn't my memory is hazy, but I think it was in the 3rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheFrenchCut

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Still fumbling at times, but surely we can all agree his disposal was back to 2014/15 standard, yeah?

Moving McGrath further up the field has helped ease the need for Colyer to get the ball 20+ times and allower him to go back to playing on a flank for part of the game. If he can add a goal and some better pressure to his usual 15-20 touches he's back to being a handy player.

Of course if he could improve and become a regular 20+ disposal winger who attacks and tackles he'd be brilliant. But his games this year would suggest that's probably a bridge too far.

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm at the point of finding it funny when he fumbles now, but I still like him in the team. Feel like we need him to play well if we are to beat Sydney.
3 big laughs at the club i watch the footy at - Coyler fumbling, Mckennas weekly act of madness and Hookers set shot kicking - one of the guys gets up and walks to the bar for every Hooker set shot. Just cant watch it - even when he's on a roll.

foj1

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
Not up to it
unclean below knees- either unskilled or scared
doesn't hurt opposition with his kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back