Movies & TV The Hangar Game of Thrones Thread **SEASON 8 SPOILERS**

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think Bran isn't the NK.

That last scene gave me goosebumps. Did anyone else think it felt like the LOTR scene where they left Minas Morgal?

Thankyou!
I was trying to figure out what it best reminded me of.

Absolutely immense army now, so im very interested in how they resolve this. He almost seems too powerful with what "the good guys" have left at their disposal.

Thankyou!

Absolutely immense army now, so im very interested in how they resolve this. He almost seems too powerful with what "the good guys" have left at their disposal.
I saw the Night King on the Dragon and thought "Holy s**t, LOTR feels again".

Jon will discover he's a Targaeryan, he'll duel and defeat the Night King, then they'll end up killing Cersei for being a bitch with Jaime at their side.

Thankyou!

I imagine it'll be a situation where they get stomped but then they hatch an oceans 11 like plan to kill the NK so that thing happens that happened last week with the wights all dropping after Jon killed one of the WW's with Jon likely sacrificing himself or something.

Much, MUCH better episode pacing, and a bit less unbelievable teleporting. It'd be good if they eventually re-editted the last few seasons and shuffled some things around, maybe a directors' cut or something.

Jaime finally regrows his backbone, seems he needed to see Brienne again to remember he has morals. He did kill Aerys because he was going to kill a bunch of people, so he has had morals before. And yet....... I dunno. At least he's back on track now. Still not sure why Cersei asked the Lord/Lady of Winterfell to attend, as there weren't representatives from anywhere else... for example, Littlefinger didn't go as Lord Paramount of the Trident or as Lord Protector of the Vale. The other areas are perhaps represented by their conquerers. Can only assume Brienne was there for the purpose of the writers' convenience.

Daenerys/Jon pairing as expected. Max Headroom I struggle with the idea that you'll get an episode review at all from your Jon worshipper, she might well have imploded on the spot. When the warning before the the episode said 'sex scenes' I was thinking Cersei/Jaime or something involving Euron, but no. They solidify the pairing right as they're doing the reveal: real name = Aegon Targ (as expected). U r now ******* ur auntie. ooh incest. Also, STILL no resolution on the 'Davos said you were stabbed, now I see unhealed stab wounds' situation. w.t.a.f.

Speaking of sex scenes with unspoken issues. Missandei and Greyworm. WHY? Just for teh lolz? If they're gonna do it at all then they should've done it properly, there's no payoff, no resolution, no story arc at all. Just random gratuitous sex scene. Maybe it's so we can sympathise with someone in Daenerys' party other than the lords in the tower or something. idk. Didn't work as one random scene by itself.

Funny how Rhaegar had two sons with the same name... but we'll let that one pass. Maybe Ned told Lyanna that Elia's son was killed and that the name was now available again. Nevermind that when Rhaegar died his children were still alive and he and Lyanna probably would have decided on something else. Three heads of the dragon, Rhaenys, Aegon and Aegon! It was probably meant to be Jaeherys or Aemon or one of the other Targ names in the books. The fAegon thing now ties in with Jon I guess (not fake though, obviously).

Cersei gone craycray. She always did think she was Tywin with teats. I wish we had LSH to wreak havoc on Cersei next season.

+1 for the 'it's all about utensils' dialogue between Bronn and Jaime at the start. I guess Theon answered that question in the end though.

CleganeBowl foreshadowing! YEW!

Did anyone else see the dragon pit and think "fighting pits of Meereen"? In my head I actually said "dragon pits of Meereen", and then I knew I was in trouble. I know they've used that set before for a few things but they didn't disguise it very well this time... previously I haven't noticed the set being reused and only found out from watching a behind the scenes episode or something :( >_< Pod and Bronn, exit stage left. Thank you.

Not sure about the Tyrion creeper at the end thing. Perhaps Jaime rocked up and he was going to inform Daenerys? Assume they were on dragonstone.

Go Sansa! A little bit out of the blue though, with the scenes that came before it. They invoked Ned on the battlements right after talking about passing the sentence and Arya being the executioner... Not sure how else it was supposed to happen, but it isn't how the Starks are supposed to do things. But then Sansa was always more of a southron anyway, like her mother.

I guess Sansa might be Protector of the Vale until her cousin comes of age as well now, unless one of the bannermen takes charge of it. Not sure about Littlefinger's Lord Paramount of the Trident title (Riverlands). There's no Freys left, Edmure Tully has been forgotten but perhaps could be brought back just to die at the hands of Euron or something. Perhaps Sansa will command the forces of the Vale though, that'd be cool. Valemen will have to decide whether to protect their homes from Cersei or the world from wights...

The Wall came down! :eek: Love that they did the three blasts of the horn for Others. Usually it's one for men of the watch and two for wildings, they haven't had three blasts for hundreds of years. Not sure if GRRM will bring down the wall that way, as it seems to be protected against the magic of the Others. Certainly looked cool though! I wonder if the one they built in Iceland or wherever is still standing or if it was all CGI and they still have that set as a tourist attraction? It was only part of the wall that came down anyway so some of it might as well stay standing.

This is from before the finale but it's still accurate. He goes through some of the prophesies concerning Daenerys and whether she can get pregnant again, and the things that would have to happen before she could. Interestingly, he says they all seem to have been fulfilled.

One thing he's either forgotten or omitted is that she stops getting her period for ages and only got it again after she left the fighting pits of Meereen on Drogon and landed in the middle of the Dothraki Sea, which explains Daario never getting her pregnant pretty simply I think.

Mirri Maz Duur prophesy:
Daenerys faces Mirri Maz Duur, who insists that Drogo is alive. Daenerys responds that such is not life for a man that was as alive as Drogo. Then Daenerys asks Mirri Maz Duur when Drogo will be as he was. The maegi replies,
“When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.”
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/A_Game_of_Thrones-Chapter_68

Below is a synopsis of the book version of Dany's visions in the house of the undying (including visions of the past, the present, and possible futures). There's no guarantee that it will all happen, some of it is alternate reality type of thing.

1. A beautiful naked woman sprawling on a floor with four little men with rat-like faces raping her.
  2. A feast of corpses, a room full of savagely slaughtered bodies, and many of the corpses have cups or spoons in their hands; above them sits a dead man on a throne with the head of a wolf, wearing an iron crown and holding a leg of lamb like a king would hold a scepter;
  3. old, dead, loyal Ser Willem Darry beckons her into the house with the red door, in Braavos
  4. An old man with long silver hair sits on a barbed throne in a great hall with dragon skulls, and says "Let him be the king of ashes";
  5. a man who looks like Viserys, but taller and with darker eyes, who says to a woman nursing a baby, "Aegon… What better name for a King… He is the Prince that was Promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"; and when the man’s eyes meet Dany’s, he says either to her or the woman with the baby, "There must be one more… The dragon has three heads", and he picks up a silver harp and begins to play;
  6. a vision of Pyat Pree telling her the visit is over, and to follow him into a garden;
  7. a great hall with several robed people claiming to be the Undying Qarth, who tell her, "We sent the comet to show you the way (to Qarth)… shall we teach you the secret speech of dragonkind?", but it turns out to be sorcery.
  8. “ we know… the shape of shadows… morrows not yet made… drink from the cup of ice… drink from the cup of fire… Mother of Dragons… Child of Three… three heads has the dragon… three fires must you light: one for life and one for death and one to love… three mounts must you ride: one to bed and one to dread and one to love… three treasons will you know: once for blood and once for gold and once for love… daughter of death, slayer of lies, bride of fire… ”
  9. Viserys dying;
  10. a tall lord with copper skin and silver hair bearing the banner of a fiery stallion;
  11. a dying prince with rubies flying from his armor whispering the name of a woman with his last breath;
  12. a blue-eyed king with a red sword in his hand who casts no shadow;
  13. a cloth dragon amidst a cheering crowd;
  14. a great stone beast flying from a smoking tower, breathing shadow fire;
  15. her Silver horse given to her by Drogo at her wedding;
  16. a corpse at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, smiling sadly;
  17. a blue flower growing from a chink in a wall of ice;
  18. shadows dancing in a tent;
  19. a little girl running toward a house with a red door;
  20. Mirri Maz Duur shrieking in the flames as a dragon bursts from her;
  21. a corpse being dragged behind a silver horse;
  22. a white lion running through grass taller than a man;
  23. a line of naked crones emerging from a lake, kneeling before Daenerys beneath the Mother of Mountains;
  24. ten thousand slaves crying "Mother" as Daenerys rides by on her silver.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/A_Clash_of_Kings-Chapter_48

Stuff that has already happened by the end of the last book:
3 and 19 are probably Dany's own memories
4. Aerys (to Jaime)
6/7 House of the Undying sorcery - ignore
9 and 15 are self-explanatory
11. Rhaegar's death at the Trident
20. Drogo's funeral pyre. Not sure about the 'dragon bursts from her', although that might be a reference to her life being traded for that of the dragons?
21. This is probably the first time she nearly got poisoned by an assassin and Drogo punished the man "he won't be harmed as long as he keeps up"
24. When she freed the slaves in Meereen after all the child slaves were crucified along the road to Meereen?

Stuff that isn't clear on what it means, some of it could be alternate realities as well.
1. ??? Sometimes the maesters are called 'grey rats' but that doesn't make a lot of sense.
5. Rhaegar? Elia? Baby Aegon?
8. Has multiple sections, it's the part that the Emergency Awesome video deals with
10. This one is really interesting. Is this Dany and Drogo's adult son, had he lived? The copper skin is a Dothraki thing. In EA's video he mentions Mirri Maz Dur saying Drogo will be 'as he was' (full of life)... hmm.
12. ??? Stannis with Mel's red sword? Perhaps Jaime or Joffrey, with Widow's Wail? (Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper are red and silver rippled after being reforged from the Stark sword Ice) Something else?
13. I think this is a "fake" Aegon reference (book only)
14. ??? Reminds me of the stone men but idk. Perhaps a dragon with grayscale?
16. I think possibly to do with a book thing where one of Theon's uncles (Victarion, so basically show!Euron) strapped his other uncle (Aeron the Damphair, Priest of the Drowned God) to the prow of his ship. But he wasn't dead. So idk :S "What is dead may never die" - Ironborn saying
17. ??? Lyanna liked blue roses, perhaps a reference to Jon's parentage?
18. ??? Drogo's death?
22. ??? No idea what this is supposed to mean. Cersei reference?
23. Probably when Dany is taken back to Vaes Dothrak by the hoard, instead of burning the entire building down and being unburnt again maybe that's an alt version (she's not actually fireproof in the books so it would have to be something different)

I really wish this season we could have had an entire ep or at least a huge chunk of one dedicated to giving us more insight to the NK's motivations and end goal. The WW's appear to be pretty sentient and not at all mindless so there's gotta be more complexity to it all than just "guy is salty the children of the forest turned him into that so now he's trying to kill everyone"

I really wish this season we could have had an entire ep or at least a huge chunk of one dedicated to giving us more insight to the NK's motivations and end goal. The WW's appear to be pretty sentient and not at all mindless so there's gotta be more complexity to it all than just "guy is salty the children of the forest turned him into that so now he's trying to kill everyone"

From memory its not salty he was turned, he was turned with the express purpose of wiping out mankind, back when the children were at war. Then they realised what they had created and teamed with man. Basically he is only doing what he was created to do.

At least that is my vague recollection

It's not very explicit for sure, but I think it's partially because the books haven't revealed it yet and the showwriters were probably hoping a book would have been released by now that explained the mythology a bit more.

When the First Men came they fought with the Children of the Forest and eventually made a peace agreement on the Isle of Faces. That the CotF created WW during their war with the First Men was only revealed recently, presumably as some sort of weapon against the First Men, so as Mercurial said possibly just continuing to do what he was created to do, or if he's sentient, possibly resentful of the pact that threatened his very existence? I think Bran being a greenseer hints at perhaps one of the Stark ancestors being one of the Children of the Forest, so he's linked with the WW through shared heritage but he's not actually the Night's King. Bran is to the CotF as Daenerys is to Aegon the Conquerer I guess.

There's also the ice age theory where WW are the embodiment of an ice age (or climate change). That one stems from a time when the CotF were a lot more powerful, and they broke the Arm of Dorne (land bridge to Essos) to stop the Andal invasion. When the Arm broke the cold northern sea and the warm southern sea began to mix and stuffed up the climate, bringing on an ice age. There's also R'hllor vs. the Great Other religious thing Mel believes in, which is semi-supported by the idea that when the last dragons died, magic died with them, but when Dany's dragons were born the magic of R'hllor became stronger. Maybe that made the WW/Great Other more powerful too, and unbalanced the climate again?

Kinda glad no one major died after watching it. The final season could now in theory occur almost in real time because of all the time warping the've done to get everyone to this to this point (except for the Golden company who I suspect might parachute in mid next season and play a major role ala the Knights of the Vale last year).

Overarching prediction for next year is Tyrion ending up King Regent until a Dany/Jon baby is of age.

This is from before the finale but it's still accurate. He goes through some of the prophesies concerning Daenerys and whether she can get pregnant again, and the things that would have to happen before she could. Interestingly, he says they all seem to have been fulfilled.

One thing he's either forgotten or omitted is that she stops getting her period for ages and only got it again after she left the fighting pits of Meereen on Drogon and landed in the middle of the Dothraki Sea, which explains Daario never getting her pregnant pretty simply I think.

Mirri Maz Duur prophesy:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/A_Game_of_Thrones-Chapter_68

Below is a synopsis of the book version of Dany's visions in the house of the undying (including visions of the past, the present, and possible futures). There's no guarantee that it will all happen, some of it is alternate reality type of thing.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/A_Clash_of_Kings-Chapter_48

Stuff that has already happened by the end of the last book:
3 and 19 are probably Dany's own memories
4. Aerys (to Jaime)
6/7 House of the Undying sorcery - ignore
9 and 15 are self-explanatory
11. Rhaegar's death at the Trident
20. Drogo's funeral pyre. Not sure about the 'dragon bursts from her', although that might be a reference to her life being traded for that of the dragons?
21. This is probably the first time she nearly got poisoned by an assassin and Drogo punished the man "he won't be harmed as long as he keeps up"
24. When she freed the slaves in Meereen after all the child slaves were crucified along the road to Meereen?

Stuff that isn't clear on what it means, some of it could be alternate realities as well.
1. ??? Sometimes the maesters are called 'grey rats' but that doesn't make a lot of sense.
5. Rhaegar? Elia? Baby Aegon?
8. Has multiple sections, it's the part that the Emergency Awesome video deals with
10. This one is really interesting. Is this Dany and Drogo's adult son, had he lived? The copper skin is a Dothraki thing. In EA's video he mentions Mirri Maz Dur saying Drogo will be 'as he was' (full of life)... hmm.
12. ??? Stannis with Mel's red sword? Perhaps Jaime or Joffrey, with Widow's Wail? (Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper are red and silver rippled after being reforged from the Stark sword Ice) Something else?
13. I think this is a "fake" Aegon reference (book only)
14. ??? Reminds me of the stone men but idk. Perhaps a dragon with grayscale?
16. I think possibly to do with a book thing where one of Theon's uncles (Victarion, so basically show!Euron) strapped his other uncle (Aeron the Damphair, Priest of the Drowned God) to the prow of his ship. But he wasn't dead. So idk :S "What is dead may never die" - Ironborn saying
17. ??? Lyanna liked blue roses, perhaps a reference to Jon's parentage?
18. ??? Drogo's death?
22. ??? No idea what this is supposed to mean. Cersei reference?
23. Probably when Dany is taken back to Vaes Dothrak by the hoard, instead of burning the entire building down and being unburnt again maybe that's an alt version (she's not actually fireproof in the books so it would have to be something different)

I'm so glad you have thought abought this so I don't have to. Nice summary.

When I read this even for the third time my brain hurt, there are only so many visions I can try to decipher at once.

I was pretty chuffed at having thought of an explanation for the blue rose, Lyanna's son Jon growing at the wall.

I agree re 13, 16, 17, 18.

I thought 18 was her brother's death but I don't think it is too significant.

The problem is these are not all going to be true, damn you GRRM!

I'm very keen to watch the video for number 8 but will do so later as I need my beauty sleep.

I want to know who will betray Danerys for love, who do you think? I don't think it is Jon. Poor old Jorah, maybe him? I don't think so either somehow, he'll follow her like a puppy forever. I could be wrong of course!

Apparently this is the first season where a King/Queen (or someone who was trying to be) hasn't died

S1: Robert Baratheon
S2: Renly Baratheon
S3: Robb Stark
S4: Joffrey Baratheon
S5: Stannis Baratheon
S6: Tommen Baratheon

I'm so glad you have thought abought this so I don't have to. Nice summary.

When I read this even for the third time my brain hurt, there are only so many visions I can try to decipher at once.

I was pretty chuffed at having thought of an explanation for the blue rose, Lyanna's son Jon growing at the wall.

I agree re 13, 16, 17, 18.

I thought 18 was her brother's death but I don't think it is too significant.

The problem is these are not all going to be true, damn you GRRM!

I'm very keen to watch the video for number 8 but will do so later as I need my beauty sleep.

I want to know who will betray Danerys for love, who do you think? I don't think it is Jon. Poor old Jorah, maybe him? I don't think so either somehow, he'll follow her like a puppy forever. I could be wrong of course!
I think the betrayal for blood was Mirri Maz Duur (who wanted revenge for what the kalasar did to her people), the one for gold was Jorah (who was spying on her for Varys). Not sure about the betrayal for love.

Not sure if she ever trusted Viserys, although I guess she grew up believing she was meant to be Viserys' sister-wife as with the Targaryens of old, and he sold her to Drogo for a gold crown. If Viserys is gold then Jorah might be tempted by the return of his wife?

In order to be betrayed it must be someone she is trusting. I don't think it'd be Jon's 'love for his cause' or 'love for his values' or something silly and obscure like that, more likely love for another person.

Could be Missandei trying to protect Grey Worm or Tyrion trying to protect *insert random new Tysha/Shae woman here*. Tyrion protecting Jaime might count too. She never trusted Daario Naharis or Hizdahr zo Lorak or whatever their names were, so they couldn't betray her. I guess right now she's trusting Euron to have abandoned Cersei and Cersei to keep to the truce? Perhaps Drogon betraying her by preferring Jon? :p Imagine if they decided to emulate Shrek and we get half-dragon half-direwolf babies...

Also I just realised I somehow omitted the second vision from my breakdown - that'd be the red wedding.

Apparently this is the first season where a King/Queen (or someone who was trying to be) hasn't died

S1: Robert Baratheon
S2: Renly Baratheon
S3: Robb Stark
S4: Joffrey Baratheon
S5: Stannis Baratheon
S6: Tommen Baratheon
Does the Queen of Thorns count? I think Balon Greyjoy died at the end of last season too, he was King of the Iron Islands and the North or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the betrayal for blood was Mirri Maz Duur (who wanted revenge for what the kalasar did to her people), the one for gold was Jorah (who was spying on her for Varys). Not sure about the betrayal for love.

Not sure if she ever trusted Viserys, although I guess she grew up believing she was meant to be Viserys' sister-wife as with the Targaryens of old, and he sold her to Drogo for a gold crown. If Viserys is gold then Jorah might be tempted by the return of his wife?

In order to be betrayed it must be someone she is trusting. I don't think it'd be Jon's 'love for his cause' or 'love for his values' or something silly and obscure like that, more likely love for another person.

Could be Missandei trying to protect Grey Worm or Tyrion trying to protect *insert random new Tysha/Shae woman here*. Tyrion protecting Jaime might count too. She never trusted Daario Nestoris or Hizdahr zo Lorak or whatever their names were, so they couldn't betray her. I guess right now she's trusting Euron to have abandoned Cersei and Cersei to keep to the truce? Perhaps Drogon betraying her by preferring Jon? :p Imagine if they decided to emulate Shrek and we get half-dragon half-direwolf babies...

Also I just realised I somehow omitted the second vision from my breakdown - that'd be the red wedding.

Does the Queen of Thorns count? I think Balon Greyjoy died at the end of last season too, He was King of the Iron Islands and the North or something I think.
Nah, not really. I'm talking either an Iron Throne contender or the King of the North

Lore

1 is Westeros with the rats being Renly, Stannis, Joffrey and Rob fighting over it (or at least that's my interpretation of it, it was the war of the 5 kings but Balon Greyjoy never really joins in).
5 is Rhaegar and Elia
10 is indeed Dany's son Rhaego as an adult
13 is presumably representing how the smallfolk will rally for book Aegon once he makes himself known
14 IMO is Jon Connington. Sigil is a Griffin (Flying beast), he has greyscale (Stone) he's supporting a probable Blackfyre pretender (Shadow fire)

I'm really worried Tyrion is going to betray Daenerys, I'm wondering what was said to make Cersei change her mind (even though I know she was lying).

Plus him standing outside Daenerys room whilst her and Jon are getting it on was a little weird.

It's certainly very weird to how fans of the show talk about that sort of stuff when it's on t.v in comparison to how they'd talk about it in real life scenarios.
I wouldn't advocate for it in real life, but anything as far away as first cousins is alive and encouraged in the real world regardless of what I think. I'm pretty sure there was an episode of Insight about it a few years ago. The show only really did Cersei and Jaime and the Targaryens but there's a lot of cousin marriages among all families in Westeros. What the Targs do is ripped straight from real life Ancient Egypt. Originally the books had Jon ending up with Arya which is a first cousin that grew up as siblings (very early draft but still Jon as a son of Lyanna) - to me that's worse than an aunt/nephew that grew up as strangers. As far as Daenerys is concerned it's an improvement on marrying her brother I suppose.

I think the writers have hinted at Jon's parentage reveal and incest becoming a major issue in their relationship next season. Yay relationship problems! Just what the show needs... I guess we'll end up with him either claiming the throne and losing her or keeping his parentage a secret and losing the throne but getting the girl or some such tragic nonsense. Personally I think the show should have him die for the cause and then Dany finds out she's pregnant and rules as either conqueror or regent for Jon's son until he's of age. Sounds like the perfect fanfic ending to me.

Lore

1 is Westeros with the rats being Renly, Stannis, Joffrey and Rob fighting over it (or at least that's my interpretation of it, it was the war of the 5 kings but Balon Greyjoy never really joins in).
5 is Rhaegar and Elia
10 is indeed Dany's son Rhaego as an adult
13 is presumably representing how the smallfolk will rally for book Aegon once he makes himself known
14 IMO is Jon Connington. Sigil is a Griffin (Flying beast), he has greyscale (Stone) he's supporting a probable Blackfyre pretender (Shadow fire)
Hadn't heard that theory (re: 14) before, that sounds like it fits pretty well! The first one is interesting too. I guess Balon would be a fifth rat in that analogy, chewing on Robb's tail or something (given all Balon really did was try and conquer part of the North and then retreat when they couldn't hold it).

Reminds me of Daenerys' 'break the wheel' thing, I guess what she actually means is to unite the realm, although the 'stopping the wheel from squashing the smallfolk' aspect of it seems to have fallen by the wayside... she definitely has a moral compass but it doesn't necessarily align with the moral compasses of anyone else. I wish the next book would come out :( I miss book!Daenerys and book!Cersei especially... You wouldn't think anyone would miss Cersei but the changes to her character have pretty much ruined half the characters that have to interact with her as well.

I'm really worried Tyrion is going to betray Daenerys, I'm wondering what was said to make Cersei change her mind (even though I know she was lying).

Plus him standing outside Daenerys room whilst her and Jon are getting it on was a little weird.
I'm sort of worried too, even though I don't see how it would fit together. But something must've happened for him to be convinced that he has persuaded her. The only thing I can think of is "a Lannister always pays his debts". Perhaps he has indebted himself to Cersei if she holds her end or something? Don't know what he'd have to give that she would want to have though.

Random Tyrion quote:

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Pretty much explains why he's lost his wits since his character ran out of source material. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back