13 - Western Europe
14 - North America
15 - Western Europe
16 - Central America
17 (1) - North America
17 (2) - Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe - Star Alliance - Lufthansa/Swiss/Austrian/Finnair

Asia - Oneworld - Thai Airways/Cathay Pacific/Qantas/Japan Airways

North America - Bit of a tough one, Delta have a lot of routes but their program (Skyteam) is shithouse. Probably stick with Oneworld and do American Airlines

Western Europe - Same as East

Central America - Probably United with Star Alliance - they go through Panama, Cancun, Mexico however places like Havana usually with Aeromexico who are also Star Alliance

FWIW the Lufthansa/Swiss/Austrian fares are golden. PArtner with heaps of airlines (both Star Alliance and Oneworld). Super flexible IE MEL - HKG - FRA - LON - MUC - MEX - MEL for like $2,200. s**t like that.

Did you say you spend 40k a month and only restricting yourself to QF fares?

I once caught a 7 minute flight between islands in Tonga. Not quite up there with the one and a half minute flight they have in Scotland, but it was still pretty cool. You could keep your window open and it flew so low it felt like you could just jump out into the water.

We were originally going to leave by ferry (as we arrived) but there was a cyclone heading our way and they wanted to get us back to the mainland as fast as possible,

Last edited:

Qatar is ******* amazing, atleast from Europe. I got upgraded to Qsuite 2 months ago and it was ******* amazing. Had a economy class ticket but being a platinum member there are advantages. I suggest everyone should experience QSuite service atleast once!

I find Virgin to be the best international airline.

Followed by Qantas, Singapore and Etihad.

Easyjet & Ryanair probably the worst airlines I have flown with
Jetstar would have both those covered for the title of the worth. Have been blackbanned and won’t use them again.
Qatar offers the best closely followed by Etihad and Emirates for me although Etihad’s service has slipped with their massive losses

Jetstar is the worst ******* flight i have been on. Flight from Sydney to Bangkok a few years ago did me when my request to get me some water declined and she rolled her eyes when i made the 2nd request and i was asked 'are you willing to pay'. I am like wtf, ofcourse if that's your policy.

Jetstar would have both those covered for the title of the worth. Have been blackbanned and won’t use them again.
Qatar offers the best closely followed by Etihad and Emirates for me although Etihad’s service has slipped with their massive losses
I have never had a problem on jetstar.

One of the lucky ones i guess

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I find Virgin to be the best international airline.

Followed by Qantas, Singapore and Etihad.

Easyjet & Ryanair probably the worst airlines I have flown with
emirates number 1 for me. Singapore 2nd and then qantas (but only if a regular frequent flyer and not stuck on their crappy planes to asia). Mongolian airlines my worst. Its a win if the pilot isnt drunk and they keep trying to tempt fate by flying as low as possible to mountian tops.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I have 17 hours to kill at Changi between flights later this year. Figuring I'll probably spend 8-10 hours in a transit motel and an hour at the gates, any suggestions as to how to kill the remaining time?
Overnight or during the day?
Hell, with 17 hours it doesn't matter. Just head into Singers. Depending exactly where you go, its not too long by MRT to most places. And the public transport system works.

But there is a cinema, pool, gardens, etc all air-side at Changi. Its not like Australian airports which are pretty much "end of the line". Changi was designed as an Asian hub, with transit in mind, and not just for people travelling to/from Singapore. You might have to swap between terminals to get to some features, but I don't think you'll be short on time.

So I have 17 hours to kill at Changi between flights later this year. Figuring I'll probably spend 8-10 hours in a transit motel and an hour at the gates, any suggestions as to how to kill the remaining time?
Do you have lounge access?
Some brilliant lounges that you can easily spend a few hours in and there is an excellent pool there aswell. Depending on your time of arrival though I’d head into the City for awhile, it’s so easy to get around and do some sightseeing

Frequent flyer status will get me in, but I'm certainly not going to spend all my time in there.
Definitely not suggesting that. They are good for a couple of hours especially if you can have a shower and freshen up. I’d be heading into the City for a few hours atleast

Hot tip - if you're flying to Europe from Sydney/Brisbane, give Korean Air a go.

They leave early to mid morning depending on season, and arrive in Incheon around 5pm. Kicker is that the next flight doesn't leave till the following morning, so you get a free night's stay in the Park Hyatt, transfers and two free meals. It's unreal to be able to get off the plane, have a shower, eat dinner, and then if you want, head into downtown Seoul or Incheon, depending on if you get the Airport Hyatt or Incheon Hotel.

I've always flew to Paris as it's the cheapest, and they always arrive around midday - so you've got the whole day to stay awake and check stuff out before you crash

Star Alliance for me, nearly all with United because I’m in SF which is a major hub for them. I also fly Singapore, Lufthansa, and Avianca. But all of my miles get banked to United account.

Probably not the right thread but does anyone know any Facebook pages that post cheap flight deals from Aus to South America?

Europe has a stack of pages (Fly4free, secret flying etc.) however I've been unable to find anything Australia focused.

Probably not the right thread but does anyone know any Facebook pages that post cheap flight deals from Aus to South America?

Europe has a stack of pages (Fly4free, secret flying etc.) however I've been unable to find anything Australia focused.
South America is hard, I guess because there's less carriers regularly going and it's a lot less popular than Europe and North America and lacks the proximity of Asia.

I always expect to see some deal one day because, I mean, why is it so common to find $900 Air New Zealand flights to LAX/San Francisco yet you're always being stung by shitty oversmug Qantas wanting $1700 return to South America? If anything it's closer.

Really keen to visit Argentina, rest doesn't excite me a huge amount, I'm a lazy traveller now for the most part. But would love to suss Buenos Aires.

why is it so common to find $900 Air New Zealand flights to LAX/San Francisco yet you're always being stung by shitty oversmug Qantas wanting $1700 return to South America? If anything it's closer.

Economics 101, supply and demand.

Doesn't mean deals to South America won't pop up from time to time, I'm flexible on dates give or take 3 weeks either side so if I can snag something on promotion it's definitely worth it. No interest in flying via North America to save a couple hundred bucks at the expense of another 9-10 hours and possibly having to navigate US customs, those days are long gone.

Latam go direct from Mel to Santiago now, or via Sydney again with Latam or Qantas. Prices can go as low as $1200 return during low season but are well over $2k anywhere near the busier seasons. Then once you get there flights are expensive af, you’re best to organise a full itinerary and get an Agent to put it on one ticket - can usually do multiple cities for $2k or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back