MVP 2017 didaka medal - winner announced post #52

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams is an extremely hard worker, and he's obviously put time into fixing his weaknesses (eg effective kicking, used to be of a turnover merchant) and improving his fitness (already good, now better). He and Sidey have been the most consistent, although Sidey is more likely to bag the Copeland.

Pendlebury fell away, I feel he is carrying injuries most weeks, and Treloar for a young bloke has flat games that seem to me to be injury related too: Treloar is probably our most brilliant prospect (with Grundy) but I'd love his groin issues to improve. If they do then he will split all our Copelands with Grundy for the next 8 years.

Votes vs Melbourne:

5 - Elliott
4 - Maynard
3 - Hoskin-Elliott
2 - Grundy
1 - Langdon

This week's votes in total:

Elliott 95
Maynard 76
Hoskin-Elliott 72
Grundy 29
Langdon 16
Adams 14
Crisp 10
Howe 8
Phillips 4
Sidebottom 2
Moore 2
Cox 2

Leaderboard:

round23bnf.jpg

Congratulations Taylor Adams!

Adams polled in the equal most amount of games (15 with Treloar), had a team equal 5 BOGs (with Pendles) and despite a small drop in form around the bye, was our best and most consistent player in 2017. Adams well and truly deserves the 2017 didaka. He's our first winner other than Pendlebury since Swan in 2013.

Have also tallied up all votes received this year. Of all players to play a game, no votes at all to Aish (maybe TD needs to vote more?), Mayne, Brown, Kirby or Wills.

allvotes.jpg

Thanks for everyone voting again this year - hope we're counting more than 23 games next year :)

robertg22 great outstanding work.
The weekly tallies, the colour, the ferreting out the non votes
But all done with no fuss.

A credit to our board.

Cheers

Loved Howes game but no BOG for Treloar?
The man should have won the ANZAC medal by the length of the straight.
39 possies, 20 contested, 9 clearances, 11 tackles, 1 goal.
People love to point out his disposal, and it could be better, but when you're extracting the pill 20 times out of congestion it might be a little harder than waltzing around with time and space to hit a target. Starting to remind me of the 'Swan doesn't hurt you" calls.
Well played Adam Treloar.
(Great game by Howe again, has become All Australian contender).

At least the Umps got it right GM. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back