Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have the time or skill to edit a video of the grand final the Walkers appeared in today at Subi. It would be nice for everyone to see what they can actually do, and I just don't have those editing skills. I won't get the vid until midweek. PM me.

I could explain what they offer but it's best to see them in action. They didn't rack up huge numbers but in junior footy when you are playing 15 minute quarters, it's not easy to get a lot of possessions, what they do do is quality.

What's the status re a review of how their performance went?

I probably can't elaborate on them any more than I already have in past posts. Seeing is believing :)

I put our games on DVD for a mate who doesn't have Fox and works away a bit.
The difference is that this game was given to me by an AFL club who I would have thought would have cutting edge technology, but in fairness I think it was Fox Footy that gave it to them in that form.

On a side note;when I watched Harley's comeback game at Leederville it looked as though the footage was being taken by the Curtin Uni crew.
They must've been around a bit because a couple of the camera crew knew Harley's family pretty well.
Edit:Maybe Dockers crew with Curtin gear??

Last edited:
On a side note;when I watched Harley's comeback game at Leederville it looked as though the footage was being taken by the Curtin Uni crew.
They must've been around a bit because a couple of the camera crew knew Harley's family pretty well.
Edit:Maybe Dockers crew with Curtin gear??
Curtin students with Dockers gear on. Their lecturer was there at one point.

Does anyone have the time or skill to edit a video of the grand final the Walkers appeared in today at Subi. It would be nice for everyone to see what they can actually do, and I just don't have those editing skills. I won't get the vid until midweek. PM me.

I could explain what they offer but it's best to see them in action. They didn't rack up huge numbers but in junior footy when you are playing 15 minute quarters, it's not easy to get a lot of possessions, what they do do is quality.

BTW I was speaking to an Eagles Official (who doesn't know my Freo allegiance) and he said that Freo's next gen academy is very much superior to theirs.

He couldn't believe how good the twins were and was gutted when I told him that they were a part of Freo's NGA.
If your IT guys have no luck with it, PM me... used to do quite a bit of that kind of stuff for clients, just can't get to it for a couple of days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have Carter, the Walker twins and King?

Carter is a running half back.
The others?
Just wondering where the Walkers and King play? and the time frame for all of them?
It may affect our thinking on this draft?
Liam Henry not King. The King brothers (Ben and Max) are two impressive Victorian prospects for next year's draft.

Carter 2018 draft, Henry 2019 draft, Walker twins 2020? draft (or are they 2021?).

Carter and Henry are indigenous (so Kimberley zoned), Walkers are multicultural eligible (East Freo zoned). There are others that are eligible but not as likely as these guys to get drafted.

Liam Henry not King. The King brothers (Ben and Max) are two impressive Victorian prospects for next year's draft.

Carter 2018 draft, Henry 2019 draft, Walker twins 2020? draft (or are they 2021?).

Carter and Henry are indigenous (so Kimberley zoned), Walkers are multicultural eligible (East Freo zoned). There are others that are eligible but not as likely as these guys to get drafted.

What sort of Henry is a mid utility? Walker twins are...?

What sort of Henry is a mid utility? Walker twins are...?
Henry is a balanced mid - seems to be good on the inside. Walker twins it's hard to say as they are only 14yo and they seem pretty flexible - will depend a bit on their growth over the coming couple of years. Hopefully KPP size :) One is extremely athletic.

Thanks - assuming from the Docker's magazine that some were saying they don't look at anymore earlier today? :)

Will be interesting to see how all these guys all develop through our academy. Manfred Kelly was awarded the best player in the World u16s comp earlier this year. So the best multicultural player in u16s (nationally) in that competition. Unfortunately one of our boys didn't win the best Boomerangs player but I recall Liam Henry being awarded best player in something similar.

This year WA also won the u16s championships, they always win the Kickstart (indigenous) champs and also won the All Nations (multicultural) champs in 2017 so there is plenty to look forward to coming out of WA in future draft years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back