"Most players have a salary cap, rise, clause built into their contracts"

Remove this Banner Ad

how true is this ?

because their managers knew the new CBA would raise the cap, so they negotiated the clause into their players agreements

smart by the relevant managers

I've heard there are a few clubs that avoided such clauses altogether, so I don't think you can say that as a statement which can be applied universally.

Ultimately, it might end up on the bargaining positions of the players, the clubs and the agents themselves. You'd think it's more likely your top tier players were able to get such clauses into their contracts, and even then, it would depend on the timing of when extensions were offered, and length of period.

I've heard there are a few clubs that avoided such clauses altogether, so I don't think you can say that as a statement which can be applied universally.

Ultimately, it might end up on the bargaining positions of the players, the clubs and the agents themselves. You'd think it's more likely your top tier players were able to get such clauses into their contracts, and even then, it would depend on the timing of when extensions were offered, and length of period.

3 clubs didn't allow - Essendon, crows, wce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back