Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm Gibbs. Leaving for a chance at a flag.

I hope we get overs for him and then when we play Adelaidenext year we beat them, Curnow totally dominating Gibbs, and that they never win a flag.

Loyalty.

Don't forget he's been here for 12 years.

Loyalty is a two way street.

Vafa also confirmed Gibbs to stay - has as much credits in the bank as anyone else.

I agree Gibbs will now seek a trade, his statement shows his intentions. Factual, yet extremely non-committal.

Just another one on MS3 has said many times that Gibbs would not be leaving and loves the club, yet here we are again.

Vafa said we can "lock it in" that Tomlinson will be at Carlton in 2017. Also said Kelly to Carlton and Hopper to be joining him.

Not saying they haven't done an excellent service to give us some inside info, just saying to take everything you hear with a grain of salt because things can change very quickly.

Gibbs gave no indication of intentions to leave last year then Adelaide reveal it day one of trade period.

I'm going off what I saw from him in his 10 second 'Channel 9 EXCLUSIVE" and to me, when a player only brings up their contract status (that we all already know anyway) rather than back his club then chances are he's going to be testing the waters again.

Tbh, I hope he goes and we get pick #9 out of it.

slight difference

I'm not even bothering with that equation. It's irrelevant in the end.

We now are in a position where we have young developing players who could do with extended time in the midfield and we need keep bringing in young talent to build that core around players of a certain age bracket.

Going into the draft with two top 20 picks would be a good start towards that.

If we're worried about losing an experienced onballer take a salary dump and perhaps get an extra third rounder back in the deal to make it worth our while.

Nothing against MS3, b70 or vafa but maybe they are just saying that he's staying because no one told them otherwise after his end of season interview. SOS and co are probably keeping their cards close to their chest.

Imo he just told the world that he wants out, otherwise he would've categorically stated he was staying.

We wouldn't pay a top 10 pick for a player that will be 29 by the time the next season starts.

I doubt many other teams would either.

If Gibbs goes Adelaide's first round pick would be almost enough. Perhaps swap their second for our third.

That's because we're in a rebuild phase. Adelaide otoh, are close to a premiership and they are clearly lacking in the midfield compared to other areas. Gibbs should be seen as the final piece to the puzzle especially if they fall short this year.

So, if we had a shot at a flag and this 29 year old (who MANY on here ridiculously insist he has "at least" 5 years left in him) was seen as the final piece to the puzzle then we would definitely spend a top 10 pick on him. Hell, we spent pick #11 on Brock McLean FFS!

By the time that top 10 pick becomes a player for Adelaide their window will be slammed shut anyway. That's why they were stupid not to give us what we asked for last year. Imagine if they had Gibbs this year...

Pick 18 is not enough. Pick 9 is what you pay for an elite midfielder who will increase your flag chances while they are there. He is also under contract for 2 years.

I'd be happy with pick 18 at this stage. Each year he stays his value goes down. This is the last year we'll be able to ask a first rounder for him.

If they get a pick for Lever we can ask for it. Would probably help in negotiations to get something extra tacked onto the pick 18 if that's their offer and they want to keep 10.

Gibbs more likely to go than stay. Boekhurst unlikely to be on our list next year.
Interesting...thought Boekhurst might have shown just enough in those last few games to warrant an extension. Maybe we think he's had more than enough time to develop and not shown enough of it.

Gibbs more likely to go than stay. Boekhorst unlikely to be on our list next year.
geez, lot of grunt gone right there........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gibbs goes, get Kennedy and take the Griffen salary dump. If he stays on the park his experience will help greatly. Failing that we should maybe have a shot at Rockliffe now that he has pulled his head in. Let Doc be his captain.

Bollocks.

He's contracted to us, they want him they get him on our terms.

Otherwise he plays for us again.

......and he's still a bloody good footballer.

No bollocks. Reality of the situation we're in.

We're rebuilding. He's an asset we can still get something for.

This has been our issue in the past, holding onto aging assets too long until the point they have lost all their value and nobody wants them.

If Gibbs goes, get Kennedy and take the Griffen salary dump. If he stays on the park his experience will help greatly. Failing that we should maybe have a shot at Rockliffe now that he has pulled his head in. Let Doc be his captain.

What do we trade in order to get Kennedy?

If we take Griffen as a salary dump would pick #36 get it done?

No.

What is it with this Griffen Salary dump stuff??

I'd be looking further north, and not at Rockliff.

This would be ideal. If we could get the Crows second rounder for our third as part of a deal taking Griffen's salary might get us Kennedy for that second rounder.

Kennedy and two first round picks wouldn't be a bad haul.

I'd be happy with pick 18 at this stage. Each year he stays his value goes down. This is the last year we'll be able to ask a first rounder for him.

If they get a pick for Lever we can ask for it. Would probably help in negotiations to get something extra tacked onto the pick 18 if that's their offer and they want to keep 10.

I posted earlier today in the list management thread something similar.
Gibbs for #17 and Gallucci..?

No bollocks. Reality of the situation we're in.

We're rebuilding. He's an asset we can still get something for.

This has been our issue in the past, holding onto aging assets too long until the point they have lost all their value and nobody wants them.

Not really. We offloaded Yarran, Henderson, Tuohy and Menzel in recent times and our list is a lot better for it.

SOS will not let Gibbs go for pick #15-18 because what that means is, we essentially get nothing for losing him. Pick #15+ this year will be very speculative. Pick #9 otoh could get us D.Fogarty, Stephenson, Constable so there is worth to that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back