Sam Frost - traded to Hawthorn. Farewell Frostball

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciated the beaming smile he had on his face while interviewing a distraught Jeremy McGovern after the game. Absolute gold!
Haha yeah he did too.
Gov was filthy, you could tell that speaking to Bell was the last thing he wanted to be doing!!

Pretty sure he does the Saturday afternoon timeslot for ABC every week. Glad to see some players who aren't total idiots going into the media.
There is a glut of ex players in the media flogging it up. A deadset boys club.
Blokes like Campbell Brown, Matthew Lloyd, Nicky Dal shouldn't be anywhere near a microphone.

There is a glut of ex players in the media flogging it up. A deadset boys club.
Blokes like Campbell Brown, Matthew Lloyd, Nicky Dal shouldn't be anywhere near a microphone.

I reckon Lloyd and Dal go alright, Lloyd in particular, at least they give an opinion. Better than muppets with absolutely nothing to offer like Richo or Ling who only state the bleeding obvious. Campbell Brown shouldnt be anywhere close to a TV lens though, agree with you there.

I reckon Lloyd and Dal go alright, Lloyd in particular, at least they give an opinion. Better than muppets with absolutely nothing to offer like Richo or Ling who only state the bleeding obvious. Campbell Brown shouldnt be anywhere close to a TV lens though, agree with you there.

Lloydy speaks funny sometimes but agree I do like his work.

One player in the media I quite like is Scott Lucas.

Hird was pretty good in the media too before it all went to s**t.

One player in the media I quite like is Scott Lucas.

I like Lucas when he does his bits on SEN during the week, however i am totally against any player mangers being allowed to commentate on any game. Ever since Liam Pickering made a mockery of calling every player a "star" that was signed under his banner. Cant stand Pickering for this reason, so glad Fox gave him the arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Lucas when he does his bits on SEN during the week, however i am totally against any player mangers being allowed to commentate on any game. Ever since Liam Pickering made a mockery of calling every player a "star" that was signed under his banner. Cant stand Pickering for this reason, so glad Fox gave him the arse.
I've only heard a little bit of his commentary as I just stream it during the week for the most part, but in the terms of the manager/commentator conflict of interest, from what I've heard he's professional enough to not let it get in the way.

As for Pickers, well I doubt many would ever accuse him of a great deal of professionalism would they?

How we gonna get Lever now?

Pick 10 + Stretch won't be enough. Probably need to throw in at least one juicy piece, maybe a 2018 first rounder.

Surely TMac and OMac don't become trade bait but I think we can't have them two, Lever, Hogan in the same team as Frost, for me, is clearly best 18 with his athleticism and pace. Watts is a similar case to those two, we seem to not need a second tall let alone a guy who plays his best footy as a lead up forward who chops out in the ruck. Especially since Pedo has been playing so well.

How we gonna get Lever now?

Pick 10 + Stretch won't be enough. Probably need to throw in at least one juicy piece, maybe a 2018 first rounder.

Surely TMac and OMac don't become trade bait but I think we can't have them two, Lever, Hogan in the same team as Frost, for me, is clearly best 18 with his athleticism and pace. Watts is a similar case to those two, we seem to not need a second tall let alone a guy who plays his best footy as a lead up forward who chops out in the ruck. Especially since Pedo has been playing so well.
Pedersen will be 31 come round 1. He's a gun and I love him and he's easily best 22, but we're not going to be making list decisions based on his form. A tall structure works for Adelaide. Goodwin will have to work out how to use it.

Frost + O Mac + Lever down back with Watts and Hogan forward and TMac and Pedersen running through the forward line and onball is hardly too tall. Especially when Frost, Lever, TMax, and Pedersen are as mobile as they are and Watts mostly plays up the ground anyway. It's not like all 7 will spend much time on the ground simultaneously anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back