List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
MOD NOTE: please read the rules, no trolling, don't be rude, be constructive, have fun etc.

Opposition supporters - infractions are given for trolling. you have been warned!

Anything to do with Bryce Gibbs goes in the Bryce Gibbs thread. Everyone else goes in here.

Last edited:

Preferred the old thread

U6tUNjl.gif

Things should start heating up from tomorrow onwards!

Players outside the finals would of had a good break by now to start thinking about their futures...
Hey man. Loving your work on the boards. Just wondering if you've had enough time to speak to your 'contacts' and move beyond trolling? Not sure how you missed my previous question but you're obviously a busy man. Thank goodness for the snipping tool. xx

upload_2017-9-4_23-7-42.png

My thinking is that we have to go all in and try to win a flag(s) before Eddie, Tex, Sloane and Talia pass their prime. Add to that the supporting cast of Lynch and JJ who are of similar age.

What this means is we have to trade for best 22 players and not picks. Even if this means missing out on the super draft.

We should be putting up our 2017 1st and 2018 1st on the table. If CC really does have family issues and wants to go home then throw in a 2nd to get Ports pick 14 and put that on the table. If Lever goes, then we should be angling for 2 x 1sts and those also go straight to player trading.

Potentially this gives a trading war chest of 5 1st round picks. Of course having picks doesnt equate to players wanting to join us and it doesnt mean we have the salary cap space. Most likely we can only afford 1 player, maybe 2. So of course what ever we cant use we take to the draft, preferably 2018.

My order of preferences are as follows:
1. Kelly (3 firsts - unlikely)
2. Petracca (Lever + 2017 1st - we can ask?)
3. Rockcliff (free or one of the Lever 1sts)
4. JGov (2 x Lever 1sts - they might consider right now)
5. Orazio (our 2017 and 2018 1sts OR the 2x Lever 1sts or just swap for Lever)
6. Gaff (our 2017 and 2018 1sts - again we can ask)
7. Gibbs (ideally just our 2017 1st, but I would throw in a 2nd if we cant hit any other targets and he is all we can get).
8. Puopulo (our 2017 1st with Hawks paying some of his salary. I know he is 29 but he gives 1 or 2 years of defensive pressure we would lack if CC left).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thinking is that we have to go all in and try to win a flag(s) before Eddie, Tex, Sloane and Talia pass their prime. Add to that the supporting cast of Lynch and JJ who are of similar age.

What this means is we have to trade for best 22 players and not picks. Even if this means missing out on the super draft.

We should be putting up our 2017 1st and 2018 1st on the table. If CC really does have family issues and wants to go home then throw in a 2nd to get Ports pick 14 and put that on the table. If Lever goes, then we should be angling for 2 x 1sts and those also go straight to player trading.

Potentially this gives a trading war chest of 5 1st round picks. Of course having picks doesnt equate to players wanting to join us and it doesnt mean we have the salary cap space. Most likely we can only afford 1 player, maybe 2. So of course what ever we cant use we take to the draft, preferably 2018.

7. Gibbs (ideally just our 2017 1st, but I would throw in a 2nd if we cant hit any other targets and he is all we can get).
8. Puopulo (our 2017 1st with Hawks paying some of his salary. I know he is 29 but he gives 1 or 2 years of defensive pressure we would lack if CC left).
Orazio is not even half the player lever is lol. Not sure if serious or *ed.

Is this a joke?

Puopolo for a first? Orazio for two?

They're probably not even making our side. You overrate Orazio enormously.

Orazio is not even half the player lever is lol. Not sure if serious or ******ed.

Dont want Lever to go. But if he does then I want Orazio. He is an absolute gun and he is from SA. He is contracted so we have to make a big offer for Essendon to even consider trading him. I have just proposed what I thibk would turn their heads. I doubt that would even be enough. Big difference between an uncontracted player that is leaving anyway and convincing a club to let go of a contracted future star.

Is this a joke?

Puopolo for a first? Orazio for two?

They're probably not even making our side. You overrate Orazio enormously.

Not a joke. If Cameron leaves then I think these are two SA players that would fit into our structure. I dont think I over-rate Orazio at all. He is a kid with electric pace and knows how to kick a goal. Has kicked 67 goals in 38 games in his last 2 seasons and is still 21.

Poppy is more of a long shot, may be on the decline. But we only need 2 or 3 seasons from him, much like Gibbs. I am only talking about if Cameron leaves. No point going to the draft and getting a player that is 3 or 4 seasons away from having 50 games into him. By that time Eddie will be finished and Sloane, Talia and Tex on the decline if not finished as well.

Dont want Lever to go. But if he does then I want Orazio. He is an absolute gun and he is from SA. He is contracted so we have to make a big offer for Essendon to even consider trading him. I have just proposed what I thibk would turn their heads. I doubt that would even be enough. Big difference between an uncontracted player that is leaving anyway and convincing a club to let go of a contracted future star.

Future star?

He's fine. Had maybe eight to ten really good games, and maybe double that in shocking ones.

Hopefully, the last couple of months is what his form will be going forward and not just a false dawn. I don't think he wins enough of his own ball to be a top midfielder and I don't think he's as footy smart as he'd need to be to be a top small forward. But I could be wrong, as he finds space well and had a good last half dozen games.

Orazio is in our best 22 easily, but will cost too much to extract from Essendon.

Kelly, Petracca, McGovern, Gaff are not going to be available.

Rockliff is free, or he stays at Brisbane.

That leaves Gibbs to trade a first round for, which is about right.

Someone else might pop up, but from your list that's about it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hey man. Loving your work on the boards. Just wondering if you've had enough time to speak to your 'contacts' and move beyond trolling? Not sure how you missed my previous question but you're obviously a busy man. Thank goodness for the snipping tool. xx

View attachment 411876

Sorry about the trolling, yeh I am busy it's that time of year

I have no new rumours as yet but that could change

As I stated earlier that clearly rocky and Gibbs will be options but the crows will only pay so much! From what I have heard there will be a deadline date as we won't put all our eggs into one basket last year

I will try elaborate on more if I hear them just been a stale week to be honest

Most players have been on a break

Wow, overrating some opposition there significantly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back