Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What a pointless article.
Pointless for most here, who read and discuss the club every day, but it's an article in the State's biggest rag (however s**t that paper is). For the casual observer, it's pretty reasonable and offers hope/direction. What we need, other than the obvious, is for those casual observers to take notice and find interest, A positive article (albeit in Hammo style).

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Aker actually came across pretty well in his episode I thought.

Recounting the same GF every episode is a bit boring for a podcast overall though I think.

They brought down the Pikey one and removed the last two minutes where they were s**t canning David King and calling him a peanut etc. It looks like they've re-uploaded it and cut-off that final part lol :tearsofjoy:

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They brought down the Pikey one and removed the last two minutes where they were s**t canning David King and calling him a peanut etc. It looks like they've re-uploaded it and cut-off that final part lol :tearsofjoy:
glad i was able to listen to it before it was cut. Was funny as :D

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The thing with Cox is he is so big the opposition can't let him be one on one. He can create space because he needs to be double teamed, if Hippy is more CHF a good leading third tall could do very well.

I'd personally love to see a Hamilton meme get some momentum, but sadly I can't see it happening. Still, respect for the reference.

Give it about five years when hopefully there'll be an Australian production.

You and I can be ahead of the curve, xplo.

Didn't realise you were such a fan of show tunes.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.:rainbow:

Anything goes.

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Pointless for most here, who read and discuss the club every day, but it's an article in the State's biggest rag (however s**t that paper is). For the casual observer, it's pretty reasonable and offers hope/direction. What we need, other than the obvious, is for those casual observers to take notice and find interest, A positive article (albeit in Hammo style).

I am a defender of newspapers as we have so few in this country.

However I am in despair at the CM running a front page- FRONT PAGE- feature article re Schappelle Corby claiming the dole.

When several years ago they ran the downgrade of the State's credit rating on P8 when The Australian ran it on P1.

Something very weird going on there.

However I am in despair at the CM running a front page- FRONT PAGE- feature article re Schappelle Corby claiming the dole.

When several years ago they ran the downgrade of the State's credit rating on P8 when The Australian ran it on P1.

And what do you think the average punter is more interested in? Those that picked credit rating buy the Australian anyhoo.

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
And what do you think the average punter is more interested in? Those that picked credit rating buy the Australian anyhoo.

Sounds like the CM was pandering to the likes of you when they ran the Schappelle article.

I buy The Australian because it is by far the best newspaper in Australia although I suspect when Rupert dies so will it. BTW, I also buy the CM and most days the SMH.

Sounds like the CM was pandering to the likes of you when they ran the Schappelle article.

I buy The Australian because it is by far the best newspaper in Australia although I suspect when Rupert dies so will it. BTW, I also buy the CM and most days the SMH.

Don't look down your nose at me, mate. My post merely said that most of the great unwashed are more interested in the celebrity life of Corby than dry economic analysis that is of no interest too them. The CM is merely trying to stay in business by printing what their target demographic desires.

And you get so holier than thou citing a no news story from 8 years ago to justify your self righteous posturing. Give me a break. I regularly read the Australian for the sports section - the rest is too politics and high brow pontification by self absorbed would be elitists for the average punter - but they merely pander to their target demographic also.

Enjoy the view from your ivory tower. Me, I am quite happy having a beer in General Admission. Tho I confess I have absolutely no interest in Schapelle Corby.

Last edited:

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I never read it these days (the past 15 years or so). Don't agree with your views on the Australian though. Same s**t organisation, same s**t propaganda, just different pages. They just accomodate different financial demographics but push the same agenda. The sooner Rupert dies, the better IMO.

The funny thing with the Australian was that when Howard was in power it was pretty readable and not too much of a barrow pusher, but the moment Rudd reared his head it went so berserk and consistently one-sided that it became unreadable to me. It really detracted from its actual news reporting.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Have been watching it again in fits and starts.........is a much improved show since Eddie back, most parts anyway.......still would watch The Front Bar though if had to choose. Only stuck through most of it tonight because of Zorks. He did ok I thought.

The Bear

All Australian
May 18, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What did they say about Kingy. Only just got onto this series yesterday. Already caught up on 4 of the 5 episodes. It's a cracker!

Brownie going around to Vossy's place at 3am all week, yelling "Number 3 on his back but number one in our hearts...." lol

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What did they say about Kingy. Only just got onto this series yesterday. Already caught up on 4 of the 5 episodes. It's a cracker!

Brownie going around to Vossy's place at 3am all week, yelling "Number 3 on his back but number one in our hearts...." lol
In short nothing positive was said about Kingy. Essentially he is a flog working off everyone else's hard work in the stats area. Pikey has a way with words;)

xplo

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2004
The Original 'Cougar'
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Have been watching it again in fits and starts.........is a much improved show since Eddie back, most parts anyway.......still would watch The Front Bar though if had to choose. Only stuck through most of it tonight because of Zorks. He did ok I thought.

Every media minute you give to Maguire - TFS, MMM, even Millionaire - is cold hard money in the bank to Collingwood.

The reason he can grandstand on Collingwood-centric issues and get traction with attacks on Academies that undermines us directly, is because he owns a bunch of eyeballs and ears.

Avoiding him certainly won't instantly destroy him, but watching him certainly increases his power to pursue Collingwood's political agenda.

Worth considering.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wanted to punch Eddie through the tv last night at one point though.....he was talking to Zorks about our season, Zorks talking up our young ones coming through etc, when poohead laughed and said "and you blokes want a priority pick"...grr!

He really can't help himself when it comes to us and the snide comments....always done with a laugh though, so hey, he didn't mean any harm!

While I admit Eddie is good at what he does, he makes my blood boil most times.

Back