Rumour Fox footy commentators almost come to blows

Remove this Banner Ad

JordyLuke

All Australian
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Heard from multiple reports that Dunstall is a ****** of immense proportions. Knew someone having a beer with Paul Barnard after the 2000 GF win, unprovoked Dunstall went up to him and said "So you kicked 4 goals in a grand final?" "Come see me when you've done it 4 times".

I loved Bung as a kid but I was told a story third hand that a Hawks fan met him at a pub. He had met Lakey at the same place and said he was the friendliest bloke and was genuinely excited talking about the 13, 14 and 15 premierships.

Same bloke went up to Dunstall and said 'mate, you're a legend. You were my favourite player back in the day' or something along those lines and apparently the reply was a flat annoyed 'F@&$ off mate'.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I loved Bung as a kid but I was told a story third hand that a Hawks fan met him at a pub. He had met Lakey at the same place and said he was the friendliest bloke and was genuinely excited talking about the 13, 14 and 15 premierships.

Same bloke went up to Dunstall and said 'mate, you're a legend. You were my favourite player back in the day' or something along those lines and apparently the reply was a flat annoyed 'F@&$ off mate'.
This sounds right...
We saw him at a pub one night, one of his ex team-mates who he actually got along with told us to go and talk to him on purpose just to piss him off
hahahaha
Even his mates know he's like this

ess7

Team Captain
Mar 8, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I remember seeing Open Mike with Dermott who was asked about Dunstall.

The reply was something like "hes a ripping bloke but if youre not in his inner circle he can be standoffish". Probably explains random blokes at pubs annoying him getting told off.

JordyLuke

All Australian
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I remember seeing Open Mike with Dermott who was asked about Dunstall.

The reply was something like "hes a ripping bloke but if youre not in his inner circle he can be standoffish". Probably explains random blokes at pubs annoying him getting told off.

Yeah, but telling a life long fan to F%#* off is pretty ordinary.

Heard from multiple reports that Dunstall is a ****** of immense proportions. Knew someone having a beer with Paul Barnard after the 2000 GF win, unprovoked Dunstall went up to him and said "So you kicked 4 goals in a grand final?" "Come see me when you've done it 4 times".
Valid point though.

Valid point, but you don't seek a bloke celebrating a premiership out to say it. Reeks of insecurity.
You understand Barnard's history with Hawthorn though, yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back