Leppa - did he say Richmond or Brisbane?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quote has been taken completely and utterly out of context.
Probably not out of context so much as in the moment. Agree he shouldn't be convicted on the strength of one comment that he probably will regret making.

Not sure he feels the love as much now.
He is obviously a very proud man, i can understand if he is still a bit sore towards us (Leppa didn't get a Noble type appointment). I probably would be too in the short term.

I probably am in the minority, but i think if he had his time over he would have used a different word. Talking on live TV can result in some misspoken words.

I saw it last night, and wasn't sure whether he was calling us a rabble, or noting that it's more difficult somewhere like Brisbane (which it obviously is).

Certainly could've been taken either way. Regardless though, he moved on quickly, and didn't try to dig in the boot, so even if it was insulting, I don't think it was malice -- I think it would've been a brief spot of honesty while he was trying to formulate a diplomatic response (he was put on the spot, didn't know he was going to be interviewed, and then asked live on TV to contrast his current and former employers - can understand it taking a few seconds to figure out a way to pump up your current club without belittling the former).

I'm happy to give Leppa the benefit of the doubt on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as far as I know. I first listened to it live and then later on I backed my T-Box (not exactly stateof-the art, I know) up to the point where the interview with Leppa occurred and played it again a number of times. I wasn't recording it (and anyway with the T-Box it's apparently not possible to export recordings) so I finally just recorded it from the tv screen onto a smartphone.

4:30 mark clearly says Richmond

Yes, I've been and viewed that quite a few times, and have to admit it does seem that he says Richmond.....although one could be forgiven in believing it was Brisbane.....very close in the sounding, strange but true. The first two times I saw it I still thought he said Brisbane, but kept watching thinking why do people hear Richmond.

..I did eventually too.

My apologies one and all.

Yes, I've been and viewed that quite a few times, and have to admit it does seem that he says Richmond.....although one could be forgiven in believing it was Brisbane.....very close in the sounding, strange but true. The first two times I saw it I still thought he said Brisbane, but kept watching thinking why do people hear Richmond.

..I did eventually too.

My apologies one and all.

It is a rather oddly Brisbane-sounding Richmond, yeah. But a Richmond all the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back