Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair dinkum, god help Gaff if we get him, it'll be like a Mule with a spinning wheel. Our approach to Trav is essentially kick it somewhere in his general vacinity and just be like 'the dude runs a good time trial, he'll be fine'.

More than capable of playing a role, as he did tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every player puts wax on their hands before the game, but surely this bloke squirel grips a knob of butter!

Apologies if I've missed any sarcasm here but do players actually run wax into their hands before an AFL game?

Apologies if I've missed any sarcasm here but do players actually run wax into their hands before an AFL game?
There's something called grippo that helps cleaner hands.

Some very harsh criticism in here. Wasn't our best on the weekend but was far from our worst
Agree. But he is a senior player, and so is judged at a higher standard. Players like him and Myers are not good enough at current, and I don't see that changing.

Some very harsh criticism in here. Wasn't our best on the weekend but was far from our worst

While that's very true, I feel like we are saying something along those lines more often than not - "he wasn't best, but wasn't worst". It's time players like Trav start contributing in a way that means they are closer to our best on rather than treading water in between.

Agree. But he is a senior player, and so is judged at a higher standard. Players like him and Myers are not good enough at current, and I don't see that changing.
Myers id give another year as his career has been stalled by injuries & he is a big bodied something we need more of..
Colyer has has enough chances, had a breakout year a few year ago, but whenever he goes near the ball now days, he seems to either turn it over with a poor disposal by hand or foot or just fall over at a critical moment, it almost cringe worthy at times. if it wasnt for his pace he probably been traded off a few years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back