- Heppell
- Parish
- Zaharakis
- Merrett
- Bellchambers
- Fantasia
- McDonald-Tipungwuti
- Stewart

That is (IMO) 7 spots up for grabs depending on trades, draft and development.

It looks like Begley will make it.

It would be good to see how well Ambrose/Hartley do with a midfield who defends. Same for Baguley.

Would like to see Langford and Laverde given extended runs at it and Ridley given a few tastes at senior level.

We are slowly on the right track, hopefully can have a great off season.

Players playing today I see as definitely best 22 in 2018:
- Goddard
- Hurley
- Hooker
- Daniher
- Gleeson
- McKenna
- McGrath
- Heppell
- Parish
- Zaharakis
- Merrett
- Bellchambers
- Fantasia
- McDonald-Tipungwuti
- Stewart

That is (IMO) 7 spots up for grabs depending on trades, draft and development.

It looks like Begley will make it.

It would be good to see how well Ambrose/Hartley do with a midfield who defends. Same for Baguley.

Would like to see Langford and Laverde given extended runs at it and Ridley given a few tastes at senior level.

We are slowly on the right track, hopefully can have a great off season.

I have been as big a critic of our selections each week, the non selections of guys like Langford, Laverde and co but the injuries and limited pre seasons to our 3rd - 6th year players has been horrible.

They are behind the 8 ball when it comes to development

Time to throw out the sentiment and get ruthless.

Out: Watson, Stanton, J.Merrett, Bird, Morgan, Clarke, Hocking, Howlett, Kelly, Dea

Consider re-rookie from these guys: Morgan, Long, Clarke, Draper, McKernan, Dea, McNiece

Time waits for no man.... One season ends we look to the next.

Did we stunt development in order to scrape finals to appear fans? Or was playing a final the tonic some kids needed while others got a solid traditional vfl development? Time will tell.

It ended badly but let's not forget we played some exhilarating football at times this year, the blocks are there...just need to build on them.

We have a few forced changes, so will it be a little step back to move forward? Or a consolidate and rise again?

What's our best 22 looking like pre trades? (I won't play that game of adding gaff, stringer , whoever)

What's your best 22 for round one assuming all players are fit and firing..

Ambrose. Hurley. Gleeson
McKenna. Francis. Goddard
Mutch. Heppell. McGrath
Begley. Daniher. Fantasia.
Walla. Hooker. Stewart.
Tbell. Merrett. Parish
Langford. Laverde. Colyer. Zaharakis.

Seems woefully short on the inside and short of a small def..

What we thinking?

Retire: Watson, Stanton, Hocking, Kelly, Bird
Delist: Howlett, Dea, Green, Brown, J Merret

Trade bait: Francis, Leunberger, Morgan, Redman, Clarke, Hartley, Gleeson, Baguley

Time for a major re-assessment of where our list is at.

Time waits for no man.... One season ends we look to the next.

Did we stunt development in order to scrape finals to appear fans? Or was playing a final the tonic some kids needed while others got a solid traditional vfl development? Time will tell.

It ended badly but let's not forget we played some exhilarating football at times this year, the blocks are there...just need to build on them.

We have a few forced changes, so will it be a little step back to move forward? Or a consolidate and rise again?

What's our best 22 looking like pre trades? (I won't play that game of adding gaff, stringer , whoever)

What's your best 22 for round one assuming all players are fit and firing..

Ambrose. Hurley. Gleeson
McKenna. Francis. Goddard
Mutch. Heppell. McGrath
Begley. Daniher. Fantasia.
Walla. Hooker. Stewart.
Tbell. Merrett. Parish
Langford. Laverde. Colyer. Zaharakis.

Seems woefully short on the inside and short of a small def..

What we thinking?
Maybe not R1, but as the year wears on, but of course there will be another 8 or so to pick from by then...
FB Baguley Ambrose McKenna
HB Gleeson Hurley Francis
R Bellchambers Heppell ZMerrett
C Zaharakis Langford Colyer
HF Begley Daniher Stewart
FF Fantasia Hooker McDonald-Tipungwuti
Int Laverde Parish McGrath Goddard
Emg Ridley Myers Mutch

Caught a few minutes of Fox Footy's post match review and was surprised to see on Kingy's player rating that Dea was in positive territory.

I guess is good cover, not like we are not flush with his type though?

In the end you can't just cut everything away, still need covering options but wouldn't see him near best 22 territory, or first drop

I'm hoping it'll be:

R Bellchambers Heppell Merrett
C Zaharakis Langford Mutch

Begley, Mutch, Francis, Laverde and Langford have to be best 22.

Replaced: Hartley, Myers, Colyer, Watson, Green.

Laverde and Langford through the midfield will provide us with some much needed height there. Adelaide and Sydney both exposed us for a lack of height in the midfield.

I really hope that both turn into the inside mids that we badly need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping it'll be:

R Bellchambers Heppell Merrett
C Zaharakis Langford Mutch

Begley, Mutch, Francis, Laverde and Langford have to be best 22.

Replaced: Hartleyy, Myers, Colyer, Watson, Green.

Laverde and Langford through the midfield will provide us with some much needed height there. Adelaide and Sydney both exposed us for a lack of height in the midfield.

I really hope that both turn into the inside mids that we badly need.

Langer's doseht seem the absorb a tackle, get arms free and distribute type of inside mid, he's more of a side stepper. I want to find that real hard edged tall mid

I guess is good cover, not like we are not flush with his type though?

In the end you can't just cut everything away, still need covering options but wouldn't see him near best 22 territory, or first drop

True but it was interesting that several guys that are highly rated around here like Langford and Lavarde were deeply negative on the rating scale yet Dea who is hardly mentioned was in positive.

Baguely Hurley ambrose
Gleeson Hartley McKenna
McGrath Heppell zaka
Fantasia Daniher Walla
Green hooker Stewart
Bellchambers Merrett parish
Goddard Myers Langford laverde

Pretty excited with this team pre trade and draft selections.
We're probably 1 or 2 gun midfielder short of being a really strong team so hopefully we pick up some one that will slot right in.
I'm really hoping the likes of Langford laverde parish can take there games to another level.
Myers and Heppell will noticeably be better next year.
Fantasia and Walla will increase there load in the middle next year.
Baguely and green are pure one role players, not the best but required.
Although if I'm being really picky, Francis is the player you'd love to step in for green and provide something as a third fwd and push Stewart up he ground like tom lynch. This would also require Fantasia or Walla staying closer to goal.

So I guess outside of my 22 I'm hoping for a gun midfield pick up, Francis to have a great preseason and Langford and laverde to hold their spots.
On the out skirts we have colyer, begley and brown. Also looking forward to seeing some young players earning some games; mutch, Ridley, Clarke, Redman and our new draftees.

I have at least 6 spots up for grabs in round 1 2018. 2 in defence and 4 on the bench.

__ Hurley Ambrose
Gleeson __ McKenna
Parish Heppell McGrath
Tippa Daniher Fantasia
Begley Hooker Stewart

Foll: Zerrett Goddard Zaharakis Bellchambers

Bench: ? ? ? ?

We probably need another smaller defender (Bags on a 1 year deal?) and another tall defender (Hartley not up to it)

Pick 4 players for the bench who apply the most pressure and actually want to defend up the ground.

No more Green, Colyer, Myers and guys like this. They will not take the club forward so whats the point of giving them games?

He came in when we were at our worst, imagine how good he would have been mid year
I agree that supply is important...but I kind of thought he was a little down on form when he got his first game...wasn't getting huge numbers in the VFL for a bit. Not sure if he is best 22...but definatley will be if its now or later...hopefully we can agree there.

Baguley Hartley Gleeson
Lever Hurley Mckenna
Zaharakis Heppell Mcgrath
Fantasia Daniher Ambrose
Amt Hooker Stewart
Bellchambers parish merrett
Mutch Langford Laverde begley

I am making unlikely assumption we get lever and lose draft pick and Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back