Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fantastic result for a fantastic season. Unrecognisable from last years team. Really happy for Matty Eagles who has proven he wasn't just a gimmick. Can only be good for the club this kind of result - brings satisfaction into the four walls and players can sense the club is going places.

Nice to hear Fagan was there but staying in the back ground. Also great that a Brisbane boy with Fitzroy connections in Ben Keays got best on ground. He will have a big part to play in the success of our club in the years to come.

And nice of Port Adelaide and that clown Polec put the cream on the cake last night.
Shame they wore that jumper tho............bit of clash on my laptop

Shame they wore that jumper tho............bit of clash on my laptop

Was thinking that at the start, but as the game wore on I identified with it. Every club in a granny should wear their jumper. As a requirement I came to accept it tho, a seriously good face of our club.

Finished above us on the NEAFL ladder although we did beat them when we played them. look at the team list though. They've got a strong team out there. Over $3 isn't bad odds though. We're in with a chance. I'd be conservative with bets though.

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 11.03.49 AM.png

3.50 was way too generous :)

irish

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2002
hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NHFC demons & SH/SB sharks
So do we know who of the seniors showed up to support the boys ? Saw beams for one

So do we know who of the seniors showed up to support the boys ? Saw beams for one

Seems like a lot are already on holidays overseas. Can't do much except watch it and show support online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
Alan Christensen was there beside Beamsy. Didn't see anyone else, but could have missed them. Hammer looked a bit down afterwards. It's very hard to miss out and watch a grand final. I think the club did the right thing with Josh Schache. It's about the big picture as Fagan said when Berry wanted to play last game of season. Better for those playing for their careers to play. On that note great games from all our rookies, Grewar, Hanley, William, Hinge, Eagles, and the Big O. Clayton and Jansen also among our best midfielders. I'm not making any predictions about who doesn't go on in 2018. It's a tough decision to cut anyone from our list.

Rocketman1984

Cancelled
Jul 9, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Eagles was crucial in the last quarter and played a key role all night. He looked really composed back there. He has come a long way this season. He came in as an very raw ruckman but finishes as an improving defender. It would be some sort of story for him to get another year...and well done to him if he does.

Troy Wilson debuted for WCE at 29 and did alright. Now captains Australia at Monster Trucks

I know a few of the seniors were watching the livestream from somewhere. Mcstay posted a few little clips of their viewing party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back