Player Watch Jarryd Blair (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard we signed Blair on a performance based contract.

If he continues not to perform, he is guaranteed another year and incentives....certainly motivated him this year.

If Blair isn't around next year, I'm gonna miss the following post-match posts:

Changes for next week
Out: Blair
In: ANYONE ELSE
That said, I'm excited for our next whipping boy to emerge. My bet is on Sinclair.

If Blair isn't around next year, I'm gonna miss the following post-match posts:

Changes for next week
Out: Blair
In: ANYONE ELSE
That said, I'm excited for our next whipping boy to emerge. My bet is on Sinclair.
Or aish

I honestly don't care anymore, until this regime is gone i'm done, we'll miss finals again next year, mark my words.

Not directed at you general comment:

Have those saying they are leaving, quitting, are done, told the Collingwood Football Club?
No real point telling bigfooty, they should tell the Club directly.
With a bit of luck, Some wet bag in the back office, might send a standard email, letter of regret and hope they see the Lever again soon.

The people that keep saying they are done, quitting, why don't they just do it but not tell the internet crowd, like we can do anything about it. And to be less subtle, the Internet crowd don't actually care.
They can jut go already. Free world.
And somehow Collingwood will continue.

Ps how many Richmond "I'm quitting" types are back now.

Self interest, always back that horse, because at least you know it's the horse that's trying.

Have those saying they are leaving, quitting, are done, told the Collingwood Football Club?
With a bit of luck, Some wet bag in the back office, might send a standard email, letter of regret and hope they see the Lever again soon.

The people that keep saying they are done, quitting, why don't they just do it but not tell the internet crowd, like we can do anything about it. And to be less subtle, the Internet crowd don't actually care.

Self interest, always back that horse, because at least you know it's the horse that's trying.
Lol Saintly well played, straight through the cover fieldsman and out to the boundary.
There are a lot of loudmouthed keyboard warriors around at this time of year especially.

Lol Saintly well played, straight through the cover fieldsman and out to the boundary.
There are a lot of loudmouthed keyboard warriors around at this time of year especially.
Umpire signals the boundary.

I honestly don't care anymore, until this regime is gone i'm done, we'll miss finals again next year, mark my words.

How is that boycott working out for you Frankie?

For some of us who have memberships that go back over a decade it would break our hearts to severe our memberships with the club. So what yould you like us to do over every bad decision that the club make. Cop it sweet and applaud every baffling and mystifying decision the club makes. I thought in a democracy in a Collingwood forum people have a right to express their disappointment in decisions the club makes. Having money on the table in the form of memberships gives added weight to those voicing their disagreement. So you agree with every decision the club makes and never criticise the club. Good for you. I can live with that. Now it's your turn to accept that others don't alway agree with the club and reserve the right to criticise where they deem it appropriate to encourage debate and lead to positive outcomes which strengthens the club.

For some of us who have memberships that go back over a decade it would break our hearts to severe our memberships with the club. So what yould you like us to do over every bad decision that the club make. Cop it sweet and applaud every baffling and mystifying decision the club makes. I thought in a democracy in a Collingwood forum people have a right to express their disappointment in decisions the club makes. Having money on the table in the form of memberships gives added weight to those voicing their disagreement. So you agree with every decision the club makes and never criticise the club. Good for you. I can live with that. Now it's your turn to accept that others don't alway agree with the club and reserve the right to criticise where they deem it appropriate to encourage debate and lead to positive outcomes which strengthens the club.
Unsure how you get that.

I simply said, if people keep going on and on about threatening to ditch their membership they should do it already, but not tell the world. Just tell the club.
I was making commentary on the ongoing threats "I'm going to rip my membership up ...."

For what it's worth, the club make errors. Ed has been there too long.
By all means people can comment on it and do.

People can do as they need to.
But when people threat non stop, just do it already....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, Jesus Christ, hadn't opened this thread for a while because I figured Blair wasn't relevant anymore and was gone.

I should have kept it closed. Ignorance would have been bliss, at least until I spotted him at preseason training...

Haha, Jesus Christ, hadn't opened this thread for a while because I figured Blair wasn't relevant anymore and was gone.

I should have kept it closed. Ignorance would have been bliss, at least until I spotted him at preseason training...
Rumour on here is that you will see him train next year, contracted for 18, enjoy your time

The point was continually voicing that disagreement on a footy forum holds zero weight. If you're not telling the club directly, you're wasting your breath. Club will likely still have 70k+ members in 2018, will likely still have near the highest average attendances, so while they'd obviously prefer every supporter have a membership a few here or there isn't significant enough, especially if they don't actually have 1st hand knowledge.

Rumour on here is that you will see him train next year, contracted for 18, enjoy your time

Nothing but speculation at this stage. He's contracted till 31 October as far as I know so no reason for him not to be training. Even if he wasn't going to get a contract for 2018 I'd assume the club would happily allow him to use the facilities and offer every support to try and get picked up during the trade period.

No issues at all if Mr B plays as an ongoing experienced leader for the seconds.
Can never question his attitude etc.
Might make a nice VFL captain.

Top post.
"If you used to support Collingwood, you never did"

I want Blair to stay on the list for next year. He was not bad in the games he played near the end of the season. He's reasonable depth and we aren't likely to get a better player for that position without paying something we could more profitably use elsewhere.

I want Blair to stay on the list for next year. He was not bad in the games he played near the end of the season. He's reasonable depth and we aren't likely to get a better player for that position without paying something we could more profitably use elsewhere.

He was below par in most facets of the game when he played.

Yes there was that game or two when he snagged a couple but looking at his full body of work he's not up to it anymore, or rather the modern game doesn't really cater to stocky players who lack agility and burst speed.

I've loved watching wee man go about it over the years but the fact is that he's now a solid VFL standard player who won't ever do anything special at AFL level again as the game has passed him by.

The real issue here is that he will be keeping one of the young kids out if and when he gets a game and that's not what we need when he's only ever going to be average from here on in.

It's trendy to bay for Blair's blood but as you point out he is handy depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back