QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Morningside won by 16pts & Palmy got out of jail so I'd say my tip was pretty good!

Ablett,
yes I watched the game ,, a game of two halves but Morningside never looked liked loosing ... Was a scrappy hard contested game with a lot of poor disposal from both sides and not a lot of function in the forward lines.
Certainly a much lower standard game then yesterdays.

Ablett,
yes I watched the game ,, a game of two halves but Morningside never looked liked loosing ... Was a scrappy hard contested game with a lot of poor disposal from both sides and not a lot of function in the forward lines.
Certainly a much lower standard game then yesterdays.

So you'd think Broadbeach should beat Morningside comfortably this week as they have down in their last two encounters.
Playing each week of the finals can be a positive aspect due to momentum, but getting thru injury free is the difficult part, this is where depth is important.

I reckon Palm Beach might beat Labrador this week.

I travelled up the M1 as an interested neutral and agree with stuyd's assessment of the game, morningside pretty dominant in the first half and whilst the vultures staged a spirited comeback, they never really looked like getting the chocolates.

Decent game of footy but not the classic that was seen yesterday. Most that watched both games would agree that saturdays game was a higher standard although the wind was howling today making skills difficult.

PBC in with a sneaky chance next week and I'm hoping broadie don't have a downer after a deflating loss yeasterday.

Nuttin
Was a beauty. Great support from both clubs. Broady played some great footy but palmy were never out of it.

Young #18 (Nutting I think) I a gun for his age. All class.

Looking forward to the Elimination final tomorow hopefully another close one
Nutting is considered a smokie to be drafted this year

Predictions for this weekend?

You would have to favour Labrador on their home deck especially with derrick out albeit troutman coming in is a plus. Close game but too much tall firepower . Tiges by 4 goals

On Sunday I think the game form suggests the Cats but it will be interesting to see how an inexperienced team responds from the disappointment of last week. If it is even at 1/4 time then I expect the Cats to run over the top but morningside are an experienced group who if they get the jump early then experience may win through. If I was to bet I'd say the Cats have too much legspeed on a big ground by 5 goals

Palmy beat Labrador by 39 points. Dominated from start to finish. Should have won by more if they had kicked straight. Huge effort keeping tigers to 3.3 for the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely LAB some credit today to PBC. Their pressure was fantastic and they deserved their victory.

Pretty sure I heard Gil last year during the finals mention that he was hoping the Bulldogs fairytale would continue. The CEO shouldn't say such a thing but really who cares. And likewise the local administers want an equal exciting comp and others to have some success, is that really so bad?

Surely LAB some credit today to PBC. Their pressure was fantastic and they deserved their victory.

Pretty sure I heard Gil last year during the finals mention that he was hoping the Bulldogs fairytale would continue. The CEO shouldn't say such a thing but really who cares. And likewise the local administers want an equal exciting comp and others to have some success, is that really so bad?
If you actually read what I wrote earlier it said Palmy should start chilling the champagne now, so i would say you weren't reading the post closely enough or were putting your own interpretation based upon your own cognitive resonance.

And who cares? I want the integrity of the competition to be paramount, so then any interference is corruption. Is that what you want 2010premier? Be careful what you wish for because when you go down that path there is no coming back.

Wow Pbc big winners .. I did not get to the game today ,, so can someone who was there tell me about it . Only 11 goals kicked and Labrador only kicked 3 for the whole game .. what the hell ..

Wow Pbc big winners .. I did not get to the game today ,, so can someone who was there tell me about it . Only 11 goals kicked and Labrador only kicked 3 for the whole game .. what the hell ..

It was quite windy so was never going to be a shoot out. Right from the start though plants pressure was through the roof, tigers had no space or room to move and when they did get space the perceived pressure made them cough it up. McNeven and Emblem completely blanketed Retzlaff and Hall.

It always felt like tigers would work there way back but palmy were relentless all day. To hold them to 3 goals really stunned the home crowd. This could be the loss Labrador needed. Time will tell

It was quite windy so was never going to be a shoot out. Right from the start though plants pressure was through the roof, tigers had no space or room to move and when they did get space the perceived pressure made them cough it up. McNeven and Emblem completely blanketed Retzlaff and Hall.

It always felt like tigers would work there way back but palmy were relentless all day. To hold them to 3 goals really stunned the home crowd. This could be the loss Labrador needed. Time will tell

Palmy played well - and yep like most of us neutral supporters we were waiting for Labrador to click into gear. And - we were still waiting at the end.
Tigers looked a bit flat and as a result Palmy made them appear slow. Too many good players down on the day.
Think this will do the Tigers good and expect them to crush either side next week.

Will head down to Broady shortly - but expecting Morningside to get up.

Wasn't reported on, not for wider consumption. Just a stated focus for his reports.

Public ? But not for wider consumption?

Me thinks the conspiracy might be a touch contrived Lab - First loss in 18 months - you guys will be fine.........
Need some pressure around your big boys up forward!!

Nice win today by the cats.

Morningside were looking dominant from late in the 1st to early in the 3rd, with Eddie and accurate kicking keeping us in the game.

But in the end the legspeed told and in the 4th as much as I was nervous the Cats always looked like getting the chocolates.

Good crowd on hand and looking forward to the prelim. A stung Labrador will come out hard no doubt but let's hope the boys can give it their best, and we get a great game

Yes good win by Broady,,,, especially considering we had half of our regular backline out , be it Panozza, King and Blood. But we did gain Burton and Sanbury. ...Prelim against Labrador next !!!

Could Labrador go out in straight sets or was it the wake up call they needed after being endefeated all season.

Fast track, Windy conditions, ball will be on the ground most of the game so the best team below their knees will win and at this stage you could argue Broadbeach have the better ground players with zip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back