Leppa - did he say Richmond or Brisbane?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I've been and viewed that quite a few times, and have to admit it does seem that he says Richmond.....although one could be forgiven in believing it was Brisbane.....very close in the sounding, strange but true. The first two times I saw it I still thought he said Brisbane, but kept watching thinking why do people hear Richmond.

..I did eventually too.

My apologies one and all.
Yep had to also keep playing it over and over to get Richmond out of for all intensive purposes was Brisbane
Withdraw my comments also . Sorry Leppa , legend status returned.

First time listen just now and all I could hear was a clear and present Richmond - but I was already primed to hear that by all of the discussion on here and the other thread so will take people's word for it that that is what they heard.

edit - just listened again *trying* to hear Brisbane ... still couldn't do it but I can see where you could have taken it that way. Usually when I hear someone say something that seems way out of character or just doesn't seem to fit the context I try and double check just in case.

Mind you even in song lyrics I have been listening to for decades I read what the lyric is or someone says it is something totally different to what I always thought it was (eg in Abba's Voulez Vous I always thought it was 'master of the sea' and couldn't figure out what it meant ... master of the *scene* on the other hand fits it perfectly) and then when I listen to it again it is as plain as day and you wonder how you could have stuffed it up so badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not out of context so much as in the moment. Agree he shouldn't be convicted on the strength of one comment that he probably will regret making.
Thought it was a s**t sandwich question from BT when Leppa is in the tigers big moment. At the time Leppas was a 100% tiger. Was disappointed with his response but accept it as a brain fade at the time. (like his time in the lift after the GF win telling Leigh that he would be nothing without the players :eek:)

If you watch his mouth and listen to it, he absolutely says Richmond.

Spot on. I heard Brisbane the first time, watched his mouth the second time and it's clearly Richmond.

Freaky how our minds fill in the gaps like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back