Certified Legendary Thread Squiggle 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever wins between Sydney and Adelaide wins the flag surely.

No disrespect to the Tigers.

Richmond never travel all finals.
Get the GF at their home ground (no I'm not having a go at the GF being played at the MCG).

Sydney, if they make it, would have travelled 3 weeks in a row?
Adelaide would be travelling once (they do play the MCG pretty well though).

I'd say if Sydney somehow make it I'd be tipping Richmond to get up.
Adelaide will be closer, but not a forgone conclusion.

Richmond never travel all finals.
Get the GF at their home ground (no I'm not having a go at the GF being played at the MCG).

Sydney, if they make it, would have travelled 3 weeks in a row?
Adelaide would be travelling once (they do play the MCG pretty well though).

The travel thing between Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide is surely not much of an issue? People who live in Sydney commute for longer than the trip takes every day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richmond are STILL not even rated better than they were in late 2015, when they were mowed down by North Melbourne in the Elimination Final. I tell you, it's a frustrating time for the Richmond-following squiggler.

What is different is that the opposition are weaker - in particular, there's no Hawthorn, who dominated in 2015 - and the Tigers are facing a particularly generous path to the Grand Final. I've never seen the tiger logo in the GF prediction before. So I'm screenshotting it while I have the chance.

I5SPzW5.png
I like this screenshot

I feel like we match up against Sydney pretty well. We are better at Sydney-like trench warfare than the type of open attacking play that Adelaide and GWs employ.

No disrespect taken. Only a little better than a 50% chance to even make the GF. Crows and Swans are clearly the two most dangerous teams playing at the moment, would take a monumental effort to beat earthier of them.

If Sydney make a GF against Richmond, I think Richmond would get up on account of that same emotional momentum that WB had last year. And if the Crows are not playing in the GF but Richmond are, I would be supporting Richmond heartily.

If Sydney make a GF against Richmond, I think Richmond would get up on account of that same emotional momentum that WB had last year.
Hopefully the umps are professional enough not to get caught up in it this time.

Hopefully the umps are professional enough not to get caught up in it this time.

Umps loved the doggies all year last year, they've hated us all year.

The travel thing between Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide is surely not much of an issue? People who live in Sydney commute for longer than the trip takes every day!

The big issue is more to do with how the travel interrupts players preparation and recovery

Think we won the moral premiership in a canter this year. No chance we'll get a significant umpiring advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sydney make a GF against Richmond, I think Richmond would get up on account of that same emotional momentum that WB had last year. And if the Crows are not playing in the GF but Richmond are, I would be supporting Richmond heartily.

Swans have had a year to stew last years GF. We'd be rank outsiders against both.

The big issue is more to do with how the travel interrupts players preparation and recovery

2 1/2 hours each way max, including time at either end. Although not a professional athlete have done it regularly for work over the years. It's a long day but doesn't really affect the rest of the week unless you're already working long hours (and I'm an overweight unfit old fart). I just can't see it being that big a deal.

2 1/2 hours each way max, including time at either end. Although not a professional athlete have done it regularly for work over the years. It's a long day but doesn't really affect the rest of the week unless you're already working long hours (and I'm an overweight unfit old fart). I just can't see it being that big a deal.

Yes correct it can be done, but don't you think that a co worker who hasn't had to make that trip is at an advantage?

Yes correct it can be done, but don't you think that a co worker who hasn't had to make that trip is at an advantage?

No. Especially not a week later.

No. Especially not a week later.

Okay, maybe not in your personal experience, but I think many others would disagree. You yourself said you weren't an expert in this area, all the experts say it does have an effect.

Just at a basic level, why do you think players from Western Australia tend to have shorter careers?

Okay, maybe not in your personal experience, but I think many others would disagree. You yourself said you weren't an expert in this area, all the experts say it does have an effect.

Just at a basic level, why do you think players from Western Australia tend to have shorter careers?

Why do you think they do?

Prove that the travel is to blame.

West Coast have had 7 players play 250+ games.

Port Adelaide have had 2.

Melbourne have had 8 and been in the competition about 100 years longer.

Why do you think they do?

Prove that the travel is to blame.

West Coast have had 7 players play 250+ games.

Port Adelaide have had 2.

Melbourne have had 8 and been in the competition about 100 years longer.

I remember seeing somewhere the average games played was lower, if I'm wrong I apologise. If I'm right I'm not saying it's why, just that you'd think it'd have to contribute.

My comments were specifically in relation to the Adelaide Melbourne Sydney triangle. Perth and to a lesser extent Brisbane are an entirely different conversation.

My comments were specifically in relation to the Adelaide Melbourne Sydney triangle. Perth and to a lesser extent Brisbane are an entirely different conversation.

Surely the effect would still be there though, just to a lesser degree?

Traveling isnt the issue since they'll do it Thursday evening after the main training session. Off to the hotel, probably do a small recovery session in the pool then back to prep work.

Melb > Sydney on a long flight is max 1h15, +2 hours for check in and baggage, +1 hour for travel.

Wind up at their hotel at 630-7.

Possible that they take carry on and the club picks up their luggage later, then it's just a matter of 45 minutes before the flight.

Luck is the one thing our club doesn't have. Every frigging step feels like a laborious fight against the man, where we have to work harder than others to succeed. We do succeed, but it is hard earned. :)
Nostradamus post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back