No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low-scoring finals, rising tackle count demand AFL attention

"In Donlon's defence, . he might have been like those who saw the incident via the main television camera. The first impression was unambiguous: Polec had laid a "high" tackle. Unlike the rest of us, Donlon had the problem of having to make his decision on one real-time inspection. But the rest of us have a problem too."

"It is that this game of ours has become next to un-umpirable"

Er, hello?

Last edited:
I'm starting to get a bit worried here.

I've just had a look at a ladder predictor, and provided everything goes to plan - and everyone beats who they should from this point in - and Richmond look a real shot at it, given the actual contenders are Adelaide, Geelong, Sydney and GWS.

Of that list, Sydney are the only side with genuine form who I'd back to win interstate against any of the top eight, but each of the other contenders are flaky as can be; GWS just CANNOT win in Melbourne, Adelaide are weak where the rest of their opponents are strong - midfield - and Geelong don't work if Selwood and Dangerwood don't show up, either because they've carried the side and injured themselves or because they just have an off day.

I had Richmond against Geelong in the first final, which while it's a home game for Geelong, is anyone's match. If Geelong win, then all good, Richmond have to travel, but if Richmond get up, then they will take on a series of flawed contenders from interstate at home to make the Grand Final, and should they come up against Adelaide or GWS at the G in October, I'd find it difficult to see either opponent winning.
I said this a fair while back, just after they beat port away...

From the bottom of news.com.au's wrap-up of the finals

"We’re aware this wrap doesn’t feature anything on Sydney’s 19.7 (121) to 8.8 (56) demolition of Essendon, but out of respect to Bombers fans who have already endured so much pain in recent years we decided not to make them relive the Saturday afternoon horror show at the SCG."

Wtf, that is pathetic

is this a joke?

I'm at his junior club and I can tell you people p*** in his pocket all the time, from the committee down. "It's only 'cause you have a profile", etc. Can really see how it happens , that everyone else is to blame whilst their actions are glossed over. Not a good look.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I was djing at a bar in Port Douglas a few years back...a whole bunch of sporting greats from all Aussie sports (afl, nrl, boxing, cricket, swimming, tennis etc) and media rocked up quite inebriated late to party on, from what i understand they had all come from a FoxSports party...Archer was one of them...venue had hired me to play a certain style of music that Archer didn't like (despite the room pumping), kept coming up to me asking for Bon Jovi, Cold Chisel and AC/DC...I kept (politely) saying no to him. Despite me telling him that I wasnt to play that type of music I dont think he quite understood the meaning of 'no'...Don't think many have said it to him before as he would just keep standing their getting close and trying to stare me down...I honestly think he thought he could intimidate me by staring me down and I would buckle.
Must say I saw a lot that night from what are supposed 'legends of sport'...can't party for s**t! :rolleyes: Quite shameful really...I could quite easily expose and embarrass some of them.

I was djing at a bar in Port Douglas a few years back...a whole bunch of sporting greats from all Aussie sports (afl, nrl, boxing, cricket, swimming, tennis etc) and media rocked up late to party on, from what i understand they had all come from a FoxSports party...Archer was one of them...venue had hired me to play a certain style of music that Archer didn't like (despite the room pumping), kept coming up to me asking for Bon Jovi, Cold Chisel and AC/DC...I kept (politely) saying no to him. Despoute me telling him that I wasnt to play that type of music I dont think he quite understood the meaning of 'no'...Don't think many have said it to him before as he would just keep standing their getting close and trying to stare me down...I honestly think he thought he could intimidate me by staring me down and I would buckle.
Must say I saw a lot that night from what are supposed 'legends of sport'...can't party for s**t! :rolleyes: Quite shameful really...I could quite easily expose and embarrass some of them.
Need to change your name to jezzadeejay

As a professional writer who had a lot of ethical-based learning at uni I always smile when I find a headline that is just that little bit inappropriate given the subject material. Personally, I think this one's more outrageous than what it probably is and isn't at all what *FC would want to publicize.

upload_2017-9-11_16-3-14.png

I was djing at a bar in Port Douglas a few years back...a whole bunch of sporting greats from all Aussie sports (afl, nrl, boxing, cricket, swimming, tennis etc) and media rocked up quite inebriated late to party on, from what i understand they had all come from a FoxSports party...Archer was one of them...venue had hired me to play a certain style of music that Archer didn't like (despite the room pumping), kept coming up to me asking for Bon Jovi, Cold Chisel and AC/DC...I kept (politely) saying no to him. Despite me telling him that I wasnt to play that type of music I dont think he quite understood the meaning of 'no'...Don't think many have said it to him before as he would just keep standing their getting close and trying to stare me down...I honestly think he thought he could intimidate me by staring me down and I would buckle.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Spill. No names, just stories.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange move, trying to learn the coaching caper off Bucks. Bad move for him
Part of his coaching development, go to the Pies first and learn what not to do, then go somewhere else and learn how to coach.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Spill. No names, just stories.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I dont think it will sound as exciting without mentioning names...
I will say this. Jeff Fenech was all class, surprised me...he was the only sober one of the lot and was very approachable and genuinely considerate of those outside of the group he was part of. There were a few others that were drunk (or high) and playing it pretty cool.
Dickheads like Archer (and a few others) thought they could take over/run the joint...unfortunately they stepped up to the wrong dj/venue... But it was enough to make an ass of the group as a whole. Certainly a sense of entitlement amongst some of them but it doesn't wash up here and outside of the bubble they are in.
I will drop a name of someone that really grinded my gears...Grant Hackett...I believe he was married at the time - you wouldnt have known it...and I'm curious as to why he was sweating more than anyone else ;)
When I see some of these cats on TV I just shake my head and laugh...certainly not the poster boy they think they are or the media hype them up to be.

Sloane at 3 would have to be a massive surprise. Not All Australian and not even in the picture, he really struggled for a large part of the year. Players go by reputation like everyone else.
Was pretty good at stages of the year, just not as consistent as you would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back