AFL 2017 Finals Ticketing thread. Post your ticket concerns here

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
With the tigs one win away from the unthinkable, how long until the whinging start when supporters realised that their three game and/or pet membership doesn't entitle them to a guaranteed GF ticket.
:eek: The club promised me mine does.

:oops:I have a suspicion that Crows and Tigers fans will want them more though

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Unlike previous years I purchased a GF guaranteed membership straight off the bat this season, instead of upgrading later in the season like I usually do.

Felt like a bit of a dick after we went 0-6. Pretty happy with myself now, though.

The one time it sucks to be a Vic/Melbourne based club.

Due to travel, last year the Swans didn't exhaust their GF ticket allocations so the Dogs got more tickets available.

Good for our supporters who want to go!

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

A crows member at work got asked by the club if he wanted to upgrade to gold a couple of weeks ago.....gets him in if they make the GF (obviously still has to buy the ticket)
Told him he is nuts if he doesn't
He did

I'm presuming it had something to do with the afl saying a few weeks ago that there will be more tickets for members this year??

At least we have reason to do so, you post bait to stay relevant over the off-season

Not baiting just stating a fact most threads on the main board are cats fans whining, put on the radio and their whining read the news their whining, just be pleased you've won some flags and are playing finals

A crows member at work got asked by the club if he wanted to upgrade to gold a couple of weeks ago.....gets him in if they make the GF (obviously still has to buy the ticket)
He did

I'm presuming it had something to do with the afl saying a few weeks ago that there will be more tickets for members this year??

I hope their are more tickets for the members this year, the die hard supporters deserve to see their team in the GF, gets too corporate, good on your work buddy for upgrading ... well they need to win the prelim first !

With the tigs one win away from the unthinkable, how long until the whinging start when supporters realised that their three game and/or pet membership doesn't entitle them to a guaranteed GF ticket.

Its already started

Reality is 17000 seats doesnt convert into 40-70k members, but until it happens to "you", people never do the math

He did

No. The club/AFL making more money. Theoretically Adelaide could sell as many gauranteed grand finals tickets as their total GF allocation. 15k or something like that.

Therefore, if that happened, no member without gauranteed GF tickets would be able to get one.

Pet membership should guarantee entry, another farce from the corrupt AFL.

I wanted to buy who pet memberships for my dogs, but wife vetoed

She said if the dogs were being refused entry to the g as members, she had no interest in supporting their discrimination

(I just thought my dog looks cool in a tigs scarf, but wives be wives....)

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Richmond and Geelong on Friday got 95000. Thus the stadium didn't fill entirely. Everyone who theoretically wanted to go could. Even a tourist from Russia could've gone.

Now come GF Day those same people will not have access. Why? Who is going on GF Day that didn't go Friday. There is the problem with the allocation.

Pertinent thread. Got some questions to those that have had their teams in the grand final before:
  1. As Tiger members we're being asked to register this week for GF tickets. Is this usual for the final four clubs (would have been next week if we had to play a semi final), or are the Tigers just full of hubris?
  2. Apparently we have to pay a non-refundable $5 fee to register (whether we get tickets or not). Again, is this standard?
If the second is common it seems to me particularly outrageous. Just say 60k of our members, 40k of Adelaide's, 20k of Sydney's and 5k of GWS' register (no offence meant Cats or Eagle - just quoted for example). That's $625,000 spent just for registering! With 3 interstate teams!

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
Pertinent thread. Got some questions to those that have had their teams in the grand final before:
  1. As Tiger members we're being asked to register this week for GF tickets. Is this usual for the final four clubs (would have been next week if we had to play a semi final), or are the Tigers just full of hubris?
  2. Apparently we have to pay a non-refundable $5 fee to register (whether we get tickets or not). Again, is this standard?
If the second is common it seems to me particularly outrageous. Just say 60k of our members, 40k of Adelaide's, 20k of Sydney's and 5k of GWS' register (no offence meant Cats or Eagle - just quoted for example). That's $625,000 spent just for registering! With 3 interstate teams!

Short answers: yes and yes

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Richmond and Geelong on Friday got 95000. Thus the stadium didn't fill entirely. Everyone who theoretically wanted to go could. Even a tourist from Russia could've gone.

Now come GF Day those same people will not have access. Why? Who is going on GF Day that didn't go Friday. There is the problem with the allocation.
http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/grandfinal/eligibility
  1. Competing Club Members 16,000 - 35,000
  2. AFL Clubs (18) 0 - 10,000
  3. MCC Reserve 16,000 - 26,000
  4. AFL Members 13,000 - 23,000
  5. AFL/Medallion Club Members 3,000 - 5,000
  6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligation 5,000 - 30,000
  7. Competing Clubs 0 - 5,000
Total 100,000 (approx)

The biggest one for me is section 6. That's where I'm guessing all the corporates get allocated their tickets.

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/grandfinal/eligibility
  1. Competing Club Members 16,000 - 35,000
  2. AFL Clubs (18) 0 - 10,000
  3. MCC Reserve 16,000 - 26,000
  4. AFL Members 13,000 - 23,000
  5. AFL/Medallion Club Members 3,000 - 5,000
  6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligation 5,000 - 30,000
  7. Competing Clubs 0 - 5,000
Total 100,000 (approx)

The biggest one for me is section 6. That's where I'm guessing all the corporates get allocated their tickets.

Each club gets 1000 odd tickets which they package up with a sausage roll
And a warm vb and then sell
It for $1500, they should get 200 tickets to go sponsors etc.

The afl allotment IIRC also includes players and life members who have access to tix, which also seem to end up with corporate resellers, heard a rumour that Nixon used to make $$$$ each year reselling tickets that he brought of players he managed

I'm unlikely to get a ticket via the Richmond members ballet, would paying a shitload on ebay be the only other way to get a GF ticket if we made it?
It's illegal to sell grand final tickets via eBay etc....

Hope that also make it illegal for
"Official onsellers" as well

This is from last year, but it will be the same this year:

http://economicdevelopment.vic.gov.au/about-us/news/selling-or-buying-2016-afl-grand-final-tickets

Supporters should be aware it is illegal for a 2016 AFL Grand Final ticket to be sold, or offered or advertised for resale, for a premium on its own or as part of a package unless the seller is authorised in writing by the AFL.

The 2016 AFL Grand Final has been declared an event under the ticketing provisions (Part 9) of the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 to provide more transparent ticketing arrangements and fairer access for supporters to major events.

Breaching this Act by on-selling, distributing, or offering or advertising for resale, tickets without AFL authorisation can result in heavy fines in excess of $4660 for an individual and $46,600 for a company.

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Back