Discussion NAFL Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A thought that came into my head earlier today was designs that were made for the nafl/nafl reserves but wernt actually used. Ive had quite a few which i will post. Just wondering if any other people have former guernseys that were made but not used

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This was the original Guernseys for the Gippsland Stars last season in the NAFL Reserves.. I moved to a new template with better designs.
upload_2017-8-14_16-55-42.png

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
some more designs i found
From memory, this was going to be the home
upload_2017-8-14_17-0-48.png

and these were the Pre Season kits
upload_2017-8-14_17-1-37.png

upload_2017-8-14_17-1-54.png

Here's a couple from my vault. Firstly the original idea idea for the canaries, to think that that template is only a year old.
zv0jEa2.png

And, then there's this abomination, fairly similar to the design I settled on for Anglesea, but in the colours of my first preference team. Big thanks to St Mark for giving me Anglesea instead because there was zero chance these colours were getting promoted.
EYfUD3O.png

Jul 19, 2012
Wanneroo
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Phoenix Coyotes
Two rejects from the Hobart Hornets 15/16 campaign.

Left is a clash kit and right, an away kit. Also had a home kit made up similar to the right one, but with black trim, numbers, shorts and socks instead of white.

1516 rejects.png

I think that clash would have fared better in the competition than the one I ended up using (double sash, red-green split and HH monogram)

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
ASPHOME.png

2015/16 season home jumper, thank goodness I actually went with black.

designprocess.png

Posted this after last year's Grand Final- not jumpers that never were necessarily, but part of the original design progress.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Cool thread idea.

This was for a second NAFL team idea I tried to get St Mark to allow into the reserves a few years ago.
cs8Znzp.png

An unused Alice Springs design I didn't use as I decided to move my team to Broken Hill
JJQMfTj.png

There's this design that ended up being the basis, colour wise, for my Broken Hill team. Didn't end up going any further with this template.

YT8FfLF.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SilvaComet

All Australian
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Had a quick look and found a guernsey I'd planned to use as a clash. I've fixed the quality, but the design was almost identical.
Ea8qMjk.png

Thinking back now this would've been better than my actual set.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Ooh, cool thread idea!

My most interesting thrown away concepts were the below. I was playing around with 3D modelling software to see if I could make a template out of it. I didn't have the technical skills or the patience to keep going with this, but as you can see it gave me the ability to display from any angle.

g8htecf.png

bdTqlot.png

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
That looks nice craegus . The main thing that sticks out is that curve lines across the chest look out of place. More experienced designers will know the words but maybe the shading is off? Colours are too bright? It doesn't blend into the design behind it. Also, the NAFL and Skycity logos look too close to the middle and should probably be bigger.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
That looks nice craegus . The main thing that sticks out is that curve lines across the chest look out of place. More experienced designers will know the words but maybe the shading is off? Colours are too bright? It doesn't blend into the design behind it. Also, the NAFL and Skycity logos look too close to the middle and should probably be bigger.

I think it is the scaling that causes that issue with the V. At full size it fits with the design fine. It could also be that it sits in just the perfect spot that it doesn't cross any template folds or creases.

This was to be the 2017-18 Wellington Makos home kit before the change to the Midnight colour scheme.

Wellington%20Makos%20Home%201718edit_zpsoiuuzwo2.png

C&C welcome as the design is no longer being used.
That looks pretty damn good! Reminds me a bit of the Breakers new jersey.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Design is good, good balance and restraint. Dark teal is a bit drab though, probably better that you changed it.

Play around with the warp tool and fix those shorts though. Way too long as previously discussed

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Design is good, good balance and restraint. Dark teal is a bit drab though, probably better that you changed it.

Play around with the warp tool and fix those shorts though. Way too long as previously discussed

Yeah, I think the new look works far more than this design. Thoughts on the embossed chest design? Did it work or would a watermark have worked better?

I still don't see and issue with the shorts, but we are not getting into that argument again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back