FTA-TV Preacher

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Same, the rant about the parking was good as well.

They really need to get a move on with the jessie looking for god stuff, either find god or move on. They have mentioned his family a few times now and there is still an angry saint waiting for him, also needs more arseface and hitler.

yeah seems like they are gonna be in New Orleans for the whole season, I thought it would be more of a road trip as teased in the previews. How many eps this season do you know?

yeah seems like they are gonna be in New Orleans for the whole season, I thought it would be more of a road trip as teased in the previews. How many eps this season do you know?

13 according to imdb

the preview pics for the next episode on imdb show the warden from hell so more hitler

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Same, the rant about the parking was good as well.

They really need to get a move on with the jessie looking for god stuff, either find god or move on. They have mentioned his family a few times now and there is still an angry saint waiting for him, also needs more arseface and hitler.

How good was the herr star training montage, the wrestling was hilarious when he comes back with the golf club.

Seems like every second episode is brilliant this season

But the alternate ones have been pretty boring. A few friends felt that the first season moved to slowly and jumped off the show, now I'm starting to feel the same.

The thing that stops me is how good some of the episodes actually are. The Herr Starr episode was absolutely brilliant.

my wife was half watching when I was watching this weeks episode, some highlights included

'why does that guy have a bumhole for a face?'
'is that actually hitler or just looks like him?'
'so he's a vampire?'
'what does the priest have to do with any of this?'
and my personal favourite 'where do you find all this bullshit to watch, last night you were watching some crap about dragons and now this rubbish with arsefaces and hitler'

another slowish episode but at least the every second episode being great rule means next week will be a belter

tigers47

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2016
West of the Airport
AFL Club
Richmond
my wife was half watching when I was watching this weeks episode, some highlights included

'so he's a vampire?'
and my personal favourite 'where do you find all this bullshit to watch, last night you were watching some crap about dragons and now this rubbish with arsefaces and hitler'

another slowish episode but at least the every second episode being great rule means next week will be a belter
I think we must have married sisters

Really dull episode this week, seems like their budget is stopping them from making the road trip round the world romp that the comics are. They can only afford to set up in one place for the whole season which is disappointing as the New Orleans stuff could have been finished in half a season at most.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Really dull episode this week, seems like their budget is stopping them from making the road trip round the world romp that the comics are. They can only afford to set up in one place for the whole season which is disappointing as the New Orleans stuff could have been finished in half a season at most.

Start and end were good. But it just dragged too slow in the middle.

The Tulip stuff has been s**t since the thing with her Ex.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

'so he's a vampire?'

Your wife needs to get with the program!

Anyway, been on holiday and catching up so I have still haven't seen Tuesdays ep, but just had to check in after watching ep 10. Jesus banging some chick and saying "chill bro", and one of his apostles saying Judas was meeting them with the getaway donkeys - I lost my s**t.

And the Herr Starr rape fantasy from the previous ep. This show is off its head :D

Loving it so far. Is this a graphic novel or a comic?

Comic

Can someone explain to me the difference?

Graphic novel is generally a one off or limited run comic in a longer format stuff like watchmen which is fairly sizeable and a comic is a monthly or bimonthly short format. Artwork and everything is exactly the same style though

I think graphic novels are just bigger, maybe you could say they are a collection of the same comics rolled in to one

I have the Sin City graphic novels at home and they are much bigger than a simple comic

Then you collect the monthly comics into a yearly batch all together and its a trade paperback just to really confuse everyone :p

You can normally get the preacher trades for cheapish of places like comixology if you dont mind reading them digitally.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Thought the finale was a bit flat at first but boy oh bow wowee they closed strong. The chicken running across the road as they took Tulip's body to Angelville was a great touch, safe to say she's getting resurrected for season 3. Wonder what 'the price' will be. Hitler and Eugene's escape from Hell pretty good too.

So.. the grail have Jessie's soul now? Its just the 1% that he gave the Saint of Killers yeah? Assume that's what the deal with the Saint was and why Hoover was reading that manual while he was babysitting him in the armoured truck a few eps back. I thought that's why the voice isn't working for Jessie any more, but that doesn't make sense since he's used it after he gave the Saint the 1%.

I liked the finale, I was wondering how they were going to bring Jesse's family into it seems like next season will be set in Louisiana, would really like for them to get more budget and be able to move around though.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I thought the finale was OK but i didn't really feel like I would be desperately hanging out for season 3. This season was too up and down in the end with some great episodes (or some great scenes even) and some really boring ones. Which is the same complaint others had about the first season, so maybe I'm just a bit slower to catch on. Either way, I think that they've probably missed an opportunity to make this a really incredible show.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Season 3 started last week, anyone watch the first episode.

Still love this show

Yep yep. Good start, Cassidy still great - "my god she's unattractive isn't she" when grandma rolls in :D

Big fella Jody looks a absolute unit, I expect more than a bit of the old ultra violence there.

Wonder what God wanted to tell Tulip. Sounded like he was about to say "get those sons of bitches" to me (meaning the Angelville people I assume).

Back