Player Watch Jarryd Blair (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

please tell me it is not so.....
Ernie good avatar name.

I have a feeling Blair will not be on senior list not no more

For reasons I can't explain I sat through the first 3 quarters of the 2011 Grand Final this morning - the game had passed him by way back then. Just 2 touches to 3/4 time and offered nothing.
I've always loved his effort but today he is depth at best. Best case scenario is good VFL player

So long as he remains depth I have no issues, a true journeyman who bleeds for the jumper but lacks some of the currently needed attributes.

I'd prefer we look to the draft to see if we can unearth some hidden gem.

So the contract status of Blair is still a mystery.

The trade write up in today’s Herald Sun has Blair, along with Ramsay and Schade, as being our only uncontracted players (who are not free agents).

Hopefully he was only extended for 1 year and we can make a call post trade period on him depending on list spots.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For reasons I can't explain I sat through the first 3 quarters of the 2011 Grand Final this morning - the game had passed him by way back then. Just 2 touches to 3/4 time and offered nothing.
I've always loved his effort but today he is depth at best. Best case scenario is good VFL player
Perfectly summarised. Will always have a soft spot for him but the game has well and truly past him a long time ago. Has conducted himself brilliantly which certainly is not the case with some of our other premiership "heroes"

Yeah we all thought that but some journo (can’t recall who) during the year went with him being contracted for 2018 after seeking clarification from the club themselves.

Mick Gleeson, of the Fairfax press (Collingwood supporter and journo with a track record of good Pies mail).

So the contract status of Blair is still a mystery.

The trade write up in today’s Herald Sun has Blair, along with Ramsay and Schade, as being our only uncontracted players (who are not free agents).

Hopefully he was only extended for 1 year and we can make a call post trade period on him depending on list spots.

Thing is, if Blair were out of contract, his name would appear on the official Free Agency list, given he meets the criteria having been on the list since 2009.

That it does not effectively confirms he will be playing for us in 2018. My understanding is that he met a trigger for an automatic 1 year extension.

The Hun is again reporting old information...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing is, if Blair were out of contract, his name would appear on the official Free Agency list, given he meets the criteria having been on the list since 2009.

That it does not effectively confirms he will be playing for us in 2018. My understanding is that he met a trigger for an automatic 1 year extension.

Yeah I don't see why this is even a discussion still. If he didn't have a contract for 2018 he would still be on that list. In fact I don't think I've seen him on a list of free agents all year.
Of course the club still can pay him out though

What was the trigger, turning up to training?

If true pay him out and clear up a list spot, we have Kirby-Daicos and Brown now, can't have Blair taking games off them.

Wasn't Blair a rookie though? If so, do his rookie years count when it comes to FA eligibility?

“Trigger”?
Of course he made the trigger.
Not on merit of course, but a trigger is a trigger.

Blair signed a one-year deal late last year to remain with the Magpies and feels like he’s playing for his career.

“At 26 I wasn’t overly keen to sign a one-year contract but I sort of feel like every season, whether I’m contracted or not, I’ve got to try and prove myself again and this year is no different,” he told RSN927.

Wasn't Blair a rookie though? If so, do his rookie years count when it comes to FA eligibility?

I'm sure I've read confirmation before that they do.

The rule is "8 years of service" at a club. A reasonable interpretation of that would include a player's rookie years...

What was the trigger, turning up to training?

That I don't know. But a quick look at his stats for 2017 would lead one to reasonably conclude that it was playing a majority of games...

Blair signed a one-year deal late last year to remain with the Magpies and feels like he’s playing for his career.

“At 26 I wasn’t overly keen to sign a one-year contract but I sort of feel like every season, whether I’m contracted or not, I’ve got to try and prove myself again and this year is no different,” he told RSN927.

Yes, and was confirmed by Michael Gleeson of the Fairfax papers as contracted for 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back