Rumour Fas was rumoured to be heading back to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Signed a 2 year extension end of 2016 so he has a year to run.

Could completely understand him feeling the need to go home, but will be a bigger loss than a lot of punters will appreciate.

Would like to see us get something of value out of the trade, but honestly if this is what's best for his mental health I hope we don't mess about.

Could completely understand him feeling the need to go home, but will be a bigger loss than a lot of punters will appreciate.

Would like to see us get something of value out of the trade, but honestly if this is what's best for his mental health I hope we don't mess about.
Get it done at a price that suits us thanks as well as helps with his mental health. How many teams have players 2 yrs running wanting to return to WA on mental health grounds? Time for us to take care of our list needs and trade balance along with the needs of our soon to be ex-players.

At least we have bit of Power in Getting a Good Trade Back.

Last time we traded with Eagles. We got Pick 18 for Wellingham and that Picked turned into Brody Grundy:D:thumbsu:

How many teams have players 2 yrs running wanting to return to WA on mental health grounds?
Does GWS/McCarthy two years running count? Otherwise I'm struggling to think of one.

I think the club might have known this for awhile with Faz and completely understand him wanting to go home after what he's been through with his personal battles.

I'd hope the club will still try and get the best offer as I think both WA teams would love to have Faz on board. Definitely a talent, hopefully both clubs will go after him and we can get a good deal for a contracted player.

Struggling to see what either has of any real value that we would want. Cam McCarthy wont leave, could see a deal involving Darling being alright.

Probably will end up being a late pick.

I'm of the opinion that we haven't seen the best of Fasolo, but I'm not sure we ever will.
Before the mental health issue, I did think he was a bit soft and a show pony.
Talent in abundance, but turning that talent in to consistency appears to be his biggest weakness.
For me, no great loss if he decides to return to his home.

We are a football club not a charity. If Fasolo needs to go home for the sake of his mental health, we can release him from his contract so he can return. However, there is no reason for us not to play hard ball with trades. If a suitable trade cannot be done then Fas should be free to return home minus an AFL career. A first round or very early second round pick should be a minimum requirement or a player of comparable talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a football club not a charity. If Fasolo needs to go home for the sake of his mental health, we can release him from his contract so he can return. However, there is no reason for us not to play hard ball with trades. If a suitable trade cannot be done then Fas should be free to return home minus an AFL career. A first round or very second round pick should be a minimum requirement or a player of comparable talent.
IF we do that then Freo or WC would only offer a 3rd Rounder or someone like Balic who wants to come home

IF we do that then Freo or WC would only offer a 3rd Rounder or someone like Balic who wants to come home
So we don't trade him and Fasolo plays in a lower grade combination. We get nothing but Fas gets to go home. No 3rd rounders thanks. Fas might be inconsistent but he is worth more than a late draft pick.

So we don't trade him and Fasolo plays in a lower grade combination. We get nothing but Fas gets to go home. No 3rd rounders thanks. Fas might be inconsistent but he is worth more than a late draft pick.

Well IF we take the View what you said we might as well De-List him then because we lose all Bargaining Power

I just hope he doesn't nominate a club and allow us to negotiate with both wa clubs for the best deal.
I honestly think that if Fas does request a trade home this could be one of those rare instances that he'll be happy to go to the club that compensates us the best. The club has stuck by him through a fair few injuries and as far as I can tell he has no grievances with the club or Buckley.

Of course that assumes that one club doesn't offer significantly more $$$ than the other...

Not surprising after the depression card was played. Hopefully we don't get screwed
The 'depression card'? Wtf is wrong with you these days...

We are a football club not a charity. If Fasolo needs to go home for the sake of his mental health, we can release him from his contract so he can return. However, there is no reason for us not to play hard ball with trades. If a suitable trade cannot be done then Fas should be free to return home minus an AFL career. A first round or very early second round pick should be a minimum requirement or a player of comparable talent.

Look we all love our football but there are more important things like someone's mental health. Faz's wellbeing should be the primary concern regardless of the implications for the club.

That said, hopefully we can do a deal that meets all parties needs.

It's all good if he goes.
We won't miss his pure class goal kicking abilities- because we have a plethora of small/medium forwards who can mark, kick goals and win games off their own boot.
After all, that's all overrated if you can't apparently put "pressure" on.

Nathan will then be able to justify Jarryd Blair's contract extension/re-signing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back