Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Our problem Spearhead is that there is no pressure being put on the league players by the ressies below, amongst a few other things.
It hurts to lose to that mob, i don't handle it at all well... :(

Probably played our best 45 minutes of football for 3 years in the 1st qtr and a half but much like all other games since 2010 we could not sustain it and were over run by SF especially in the last qtr.
The bye this week and then 5 games left until the end of the season and Greg Harding's coaching tenure after he announced he was leaving at the end of this season.
Need to win at least another 2 games to qualify for the finals with games against $ubi, Fremantle Reserves, West Coast Reserves & Claremont still to come!

Not sad to see Harding go TBH - have never been a fan of his.

The inconsistency of this years side is frustrating me more than most of the rubbish we've dished up over the last few years.

Thought Saturday's win over Peel, a pretty good side, was a fantastic win and a game in which we probably concentrated our efforts a bit better than most other games. Kirk and Riggio were fantastic and led from the front. Gaulty didn't have a lot of possession but competed very well against an AFL sized and experienced ruckman. Coming from three goals down in the third and draw to within 7 points when kicking against the breeze was critical and showed a lot of fight. Hopefully we can continue against the dominant Lions this weekend but you must concentrate for 120 mins against the lions, something we haven't done during this season. Go swannies. :thumbsu:

And 3 straight losses later...............

Fair dinkum you really have to wonder about this football club sometimes a Finals spot and potentially a Top 3 position at stake and they put up a 3rd qtr that can only be described as E-3 grade amateur standard which was only marginally better than the officiating.
Thankfully only 1 game left this season and will take a long break over the Summer to consider whether to do something else with my Saturday afternoons in Winter going forward as after 40 years of following SD there is only so much of the same old same old rubbish you can take!

And 3 straight losses later...............

Fair dinkum you really have to wonder about this football club sometimes a Finals spot and potentially a Top 3 position at stake and they put up a 3rd qtr that can only be described as E-3 grade amateur standard which was only marginally better than the officiating.
Thankfully only 1 game left this season and will take a long break over the Summer to consider whether to do something else with my Saturday afternoons in Winter going forward as after 40 years of following SD there is only so much of the same old same old rubbish you can take!
I'll join you on the sidelines IF we appoint Malaxos. But that may be unfair of me because there may be extenuating circumstances for what went on at East Freo.

Make that 4 straight losses later......

What a rabble we are at the minute swannies I am already tipping a record margin loss next week vs WP.
And regarding the coaching position is Alistair Clarkson available? I reckon only he could improve the skill level of this mob above its current deplorable standard.

I am only just getting over it Spearhead. Can't believe the lack of commitment for a potential finals spot being on the line.
The only thing that concerns me about next week is losing to WP. I hate losing to that mob......

In case you haven't seen my Facebook and Twitter post Ames needs one win to equal the club record of 139 wins in the WAFL - most wins for Swans
139: Don Langsford
138: Tallan Ames
136: Stan Nowotny
135 Keith Narkle
132: Bill Walker
127: Travis Edmonds
115: Tom Mullooly
108: Bill Skwirowski and Phil Narkle
102: Tony Notte
101: Ron Boucher
100: Ken Bagley

Well done guys. Spewing I couldn't go seeing as I live around the corner but caught the last quarter. Decent crowd by the looks too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yikes, Greg Harding survived 7 years and retired with a losing record. That's strange.
To put his coaching record into perspective he came into the role after our 2010 Premiership and not long after 2011/12 we were in dire financial difficulty leftover from poor decisions by previous board and management. Because we couldnt just go out and top up/recruit like a $ubiaco go and do EVERY YEAR his charter was to develop our own youngsters and to make 4 Finals series- 2012, 13, 14, 17 (albeit for only 1 win) was a feather in his coaching cap.

To put his coaching record into perspective he came into the role after our 2010 Premiership and not long after 2011/12 we were in dire financial difficulty leftover from poor decisions by previous board and management. Because we couldnt just go out and top up/recruit like a $ubiaco go and do EVERY YEAR his charter was to develop our own youngsters and to make 4 Finals series- 2012, 13, 14, 17 (albeit for only 1 win) was a feather in his coaching cap.
I'm not a Harding fan in the slightest so I do have a bias, but outside of Howard, Faulkner, Cary and Turner, has this been particularly successful?

I'm not a Harding fan in the slightest so I do have a bias, but outside of Howard, Faulkner, Cary and Turner, has this been particularly successful?
A little bit harsh UD considering he played a part in the careers of the likes of Naitanui, Walters, Davis, Cameron, Coniglio, Lobb, Broad, Hughes, Logue, N.Jetta, L.Jetta, Pearce, Notte, Banfield, Blakely, Ugle, Bennell, J.Garlett, D.Garlett, Newman, Yarran, Boekhorst et al....one could say he maybe has done too good a job in development as they were considered far too good and got drafted to the AFL!

Last edited:
Gee that former Black Duck Charlie Cameron goes alright fellas! ;)
Best of luck also to former Swans boys Stevie Coniglio, Rory Lobb, Alex Rance & Nathan Broad in todays Prelim Final.

Last edited:
The South Cairns Australian Football & Sporting Club Inc, seek the interest of a senior men's grade coach for the 2018 AFL Cairns football season.

The ideal candidate for this role will bring the following skill sets:
· Previous Senior coaching experience is essential.
· Have established networks and the ability to recruit players.
· Develop a game plan for the 2018 season to suit playing resources.
· A strong commitment to grow, develop, mentor and teach players of all abilities.
· An ability to mould the professionalism of the football department and support structure.
· A positive and welcoming attitude.
· Strong communication skills both on and off the field.
· The ability to embrace the clubs community values and expectations.
· The ability to engage with the club’s members, sponsors and the media.
· Have a positive attitude and good organisational skills.

Resume / expression of interest to be forwarded to scafsc@outlook.com by 30th October 2017. President, Peter Kennedy 0413528791

Didn't get to the jumper presentation like I hoped, last night. Low key pre-season and I don't hold lofty aspirations for the season, so let's hope I am off the mark. See you there on Saturday at Lathlain though. ;)

Didn't get to the jumper presentation like I hoped, last night. Low key pre-season and I don't hold lofty aspirations for the season, so let's hope I am off the mark. See you there on Saturday at Lathlain though. ;)
I went to the pre-season game last week and I'm actually a bit more optimistic than I thought I'd be. Looks like some of the kids have made decent strides and you could see glimpses from the colts. Kicking goals is going to be an issue though - the forward line looks very undermanned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back